What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_nat

Coach
For f**ks sake Nat, even if we finish 4th we still get a home final at some stage. I can't believe the confusion this new old system has created. Blows my mind.

Didn't realise that the losing teams in the top 4 got home games still, that's actually pretty good I guess.

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
For f**ks sake Nat, even if we finish 4th we still get a home final at some stage. I can't believe the confusion this new old system has created. Blows my mind.

Whilst I know this wasn't the point of the OP that you were replying to, it is possible you guys won't get a "home" final I believe.

If you finish 4th, and win away, then week 3 I believe would be home state ie. suncorp.

user_nat

Coach
Whilst I know this wasn't the point of the OP that you were replying to, it is possible you guys won't get a "home" final I believe.

If you finish 4th, and win away, then week 3 I believe would be home state ie. suncorp.

Whilst I was looking up this new finals system earlier tonight I saw that DFS is allowed to host prelim finals.

link

Unrelated to the Cowboys (and not an issue in 2012), but I don't see why Newcastle shouldn't be able to host prelims.

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
Oh ok my bad, I was basing my scenario on the old
Wk1- home ground
Wk2- home region
Wk3- home state
Rules, but I guess that's changed.

I agree that, based on capacity, Newcastle and Canberra should be allowed to host Wk3 if townsville and mount smart can.

I also don't understand why NZ can host at mount smart when Eden park is available, but the storm have to move to etihad. Doesn't make sense. And if Canberra ever qualified first to a prelim and had to travel to Sydney to "host" a Sydney team it would be really unfair

beave

Coach

Sigh, we would get a home final on week 3 if that was the case.

Again, and Doc from your posts you seem like an intelligent lad but I still can't believe the confusion this adjusted system has caused. Week 3 would be in Tvl mate.

beave

Coach
Doc tvl is 1500kms from Brissy, you can't expect us to turn up for a week 3 final under those conditions.

Saint Doc

Coach
Doc tvl is 1500kms from Brissy, you can't expect us to turn up for a week 3 final under those conditions.

Mate well aware of the distance involved and well aware how the system works.

2 years ago, I'm almost positive that there were only 5 grounds approved for Week 3. Suncorp, ANZ, SFS, etihad and Mt Smart. The rule was "home state". Good to see common sense has prevailed with regards to DFS, hopefully if the need arises the same advantage is provided to Canberra

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

Try again idiot.

http://www.nrl.com/NRLHQ/ReferenceCentre/FinalsSystemExplained/tabid/10635/Default.aspx

Week Three: Preliminary Finals
The highest qualifying teams (after re-ranking following week 1 results) in each match (winners 1 & 2) will host in their home Region.

The following Regions and venues may qualify to host a Final in Week 3:

New South Wales/ACT:
All Teams: Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium

Queensland:
South East Queensland Region: Suncorp Stadium
North Queensland Region: Dairy Farmers Stadium

Victoria:
Melbourne: Etihad Stadium, MCG

New Zealand:
Auckland: Mt Smart Stadium

Mr Blonde

Juniors
What a revolting effort by the St Merge fans. Disgusting turn out. Pea heart fans that never deserved to see a premiership. What a shame on NRL.

beave

Coach
Mate well aware of the distance involved and well aware how the system works.

2 years ago, I'm almost positive that there were only 5 grounds approved for Week 3. Suncorp, ANZ, SFS, etihad and Mt Smart. The rule was "home state". Good to see common sense has prevailed with regards to DFS, hopefully if the need arises the same advantage is provided to Canberra

Nah mate, DFS has always been a 3rd week approved venue since this home final system came in a few years ago, it's just that we've been rubbish in that period and never finished high enough to get the final in that 3rd week.

Raiderdave

First Grade
So if my team runs 6th and loses to 7th... they get a home final week 2 do they ?

no they'd be on their mad monday :sarcasm:
you finish in the top 4 you get at least one home final in the first 2 weeks

it now looks like the Sharks & Cowboys will host finals in week one finishing 5 & 6
against the Tigers Raiders or Broncos

we're down to 9 sides now as the Knights & Titans are finished for 2012

I personally think it will be the Cowboys playing the Raiders at DFS & the Sharks Hosting the Tigers at the SFS

pcpp

Juniors
Interesting that AAMI Park is not on the Week 3 list for preliminary finals, when it was used for a prelim last year. In fact AAMI Park is apparently not suitable for a Week 2 final!

Also for NZ, not that it matters this year, but I find it unusual Mt Smart stadium is the only suitable venue in NZ for the first three weeks? I mean, if MCG is listed as a possible value for Victoria, surely they should look at Eden Park? I think any final - even a Week 1 Final, would easily exceed the 25k Mt Smart capacity.

15,736 @ SFS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.