What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

azza29

Juniors
What's the comparison with a GA Storm ticket with a ticket into the AFL? Is it much more expensive, if at all?

25% more expensive. AFL GA is about $21 at the gate (more expensive online), Storm GA is $27 (cheaper online).

Broncos V Penrith 30k Brisbane on a massive slump, Penrith aren't a big draw

I'm hoping for 35-40k for this one, with the Petro farewell ("T shirts now available") and the likelihood that this is the last Broncs game in Brisbane for the year. To pick a number out of thin air, I will tip 36,418.

On a Sunday afternoon this game would be pulling in over 40k.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If petero stayed with Broncos through his whole career the crowd would massive. Similar to Webckes 47k on a sunday.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Brad Walter from the SMH just said on Sky Sports Radio that he has heard 36,000 tickets have been sold for Eels v Dragons.

Frailty

First Grade
25% more expensive. AFL GA is about $21 at the gate (more expensive online), Storm GA is $27 (cheaper online).

AFL @ MCG - $21 at gate (more expensive online)
AFL @ Etihad - $24 at gate (more expensive online)
NRL @ AAMI - $29 at gate ($24 online - but $29 when fees are considered).

Panfas

Juniors
Given the Storm play at the same time and we have to win to earn it, no. Won't be presented until either Canterbury or Melbourne's Week 1 home final.
It happened in 2003 with the shield presented to Penrith at the game even though the Roosters were playing at the same time in Canberra. So it has been done before and one would think they would take the shield to the doggies game

Frailty

First Grade
It happened in 2003 with the shield presented to Penrith at the game even though the Roosters were playing at the same time in Canberra. So it has been done before and one would think they would take the shield to the doggies game

I think they should take the Shield to the Doggies game, as the Storm are playing away, and even if they were to get the minor premiership, they wouldn't present it at an away game.

But then again, it really isn't a big issue if the Dogs get it a week later.

Raiderdave

First Grade

2009 too

Dogs & Dragons .. vying for it at the SFS & Kogarah
I remember Gallop was at the SFS with the trophy first when it was the thought the Dogs were going to win that game & the minor premiership

the then Tigers fired up
so he had to make a mad dash to Kogarah to give it to the Dragons

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's Knights Old Boys Day, they should be right.
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

I think they should take the Shield to the Doggies game, as the Storm are playing away, and even if they were to get the minor premiership, they wouldn't present it at an away game.

But then again, it really isn't a big issue if the Dogs get it a week later.
My understanding is after the near-debacle of 2009 where the Dogs and Dragons played simultaneously and Gallop had to be rushed to Kogarah, that they settled on presenting it week 1 if it was in doubt or the team wasn't at home in the final round.

Panfas

Juniors
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

My understanding is after the near-debacle of 2009 where the Dogs and Dragons played simultaneously and Gallop had to be rushed to Kogarah, that they settled on presenting it week 1 if it was in doubt or the team wasn't at home in the final round.
The Bulldogs are at home and the Storm are away. If the dogs win, simple present the shield. If they lose but so do the storm then again, present the shield. If the Storm win and dogs lose, present it next week at the first week of the finals. Easy.

Brutus

Referee
Brad Walter on Sky Sports Radio this morning said 36,000 tickets sold for Dragons and Eels and we are looking at a 40-45k crowd.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Average Club Home Crowds: (after Round 25)
Brisbane:
11 matches, total 365,350, average 33,214
Canterbury-Bankstown:
11 matches, total 259,473, average 23,588
Newcastle:
11 matches, total 226,897, average 20,627
South Sydney:
12 matches, total 226,848, average 18,904
Warriors:
11 matches, total 193,879, average 17,625
Wests Tigers:
11 matches, total 183,892, average 16,717
St George Illawarra
:
12 matches, total 197,111, average 16,426
Manly-Warringah:
12 matches, total 175,120, average 14,593
North Queensland:
12 matches, total 172,978, average 14,415
Gold Coast:
11 matches, total 157,938, average 14,358
Parramatta:
11 matches, total 155,770, average 14,161
Cronulla-Sutherland:
11 matches, total 141,973, average 12,907
Melbourne:
12 matches, total 152,217, average 12,685
Sydney:
12 matches, total 149,790, average 12,482
Penrith
:
12 matches, total 130,301, average 10,858
Canberra:
12 matches, total 122,274, average 10,190

Crowd watch thread:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=7871454#post7871454

Stats courtesy of http://stats.rleague.com. Include the double header for CBY and BRI, split into two.

jimmee007

Juniors
just bought 4 catergory 2 tix to parra/dragons and they are on level 6. Aisle 605

This has got to be the first time a single club game has sold level 6 tickets at ANZ.

Crowd could be anything at this rate

the dude

Juniors
Great numbers for Souths.. I think a 20k average is a realistic expectation for next year provided we have another good season.

Cowboys, Sharks and Storm are disappointing considering they're all in the top 8.

Panfas

Juniors
just bought 4 catergory 2 tix to parra/dragons and they are on level 6. Aisle 605

This has got to be the first time a single club game has sold level 6 tickets at ANZ.

Crowd could be anything at this rate
Good stuff!

Just went on ticketek website and were offered the following

Cat 1 Reserved - section 127-1, row 19
Cat 2 Reserved - section 605-1, row 1
Eels Fans Reserved - section 409-1, row 2
Dragons Fans Reserved - section 403-1 , row 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts