What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouwet

Bench
Imagine if the Eels and Dragons were still in the running for the finals. The crowd could have been anything.

Around 20-25K? If they were still in the running for the finals it wouldn't be Hindmarch/Burts & Young/Hornsby last game...

Brutus

Referee
Around 20-25K? If they were still in the running for the finals it wouldn't be Hindmarch/Burts & Young/Hornsby last game...

Going by that logic Lockyer's last "home game" against Manly in round 26 last year shouldn't have sold out.

What's all the fuss about Petero up in Brisbane for this week? He'll probably play again the following week.

Why did 41,000 turn up to Hazem's "last game" when he still had games in the finals to come?

Think about it.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Going by that logic Lockyer's last "home game" against Manly in round 26 last year shouldn't have sold out.

What's all the fuss about Petero up in Brisbane for this week? He'll probably play again the following week.

Why did 41,000 turn up to Hazem's "last game" when he still had games in the finals to come?

Think about it.
I think the logic he's using is that if the two sides were in form, we may not have had the retirements en masse. Hindy and Burt may well have kept playing another season, same with Hornby.

Given there are no NRL players named Hindmarch, Burts or Hornsby, I'm positive you're right. :lol:

Brutus

Referee
I think the logic he's using is that if the two sides were in form, we may not have had the retirements en masse. Hindy and Burt may well have kept playing another season, same with Hornby.
l:

Mmm..i'm not so sure.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Roy strikes again. He shot a bloke down for suggesting it should be special event

I hope it includes the LCD road signs, I hate seeing bleislow and swine games on these things

Panfas

Juniors

Suitman

Post Whore
Yes, but the "special event" buses won't be running. The Swans have had them for games with crowds much less than this.

Suity

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I have never understood changing at Lidcombe

I went from Gosford for a grand final once and had to change at Hornsby Strathfield Lidcombe Olympic park

It felt like it was made difficult on purpose

t-ba

Post Whore
Yep. The Swans get these buses, which run on 9 routes from all over Sydney, whenever they play at Olympic Park, regardless of the size of the anticipated crowd.

Suity

Well, the ARLC should lobby for it. Would you honestly expect the old incarnation to make getting to the game easier when lower crowds might mean more watching it on FOXSPORTS? New regime, new opportunities and all that bullsh*t. Try and get it for every game in the Sydney basin, not just the big events.

jimmee007

Juniors
We should aim for a match of the round at ANZ either friday nights or Sunday arvo and the ARLC can lobby to have these matches as special event with public transport with heavy promotion for a massive crowd each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.