What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
There was a bit of commotion in the eastern stand last night at DFS, one of the billabong sanctuary 'rangers' has season tickets in the stand, I seen him walking to his seat just before kickoff to a standing ovation from all the people in and around his bay, I was wondering what the hell was going on but news of a snake on the loose got around the stadium pretty quickly, seems old Ranger Dan was called upon and saved the day.............. Never a dull moment up here at the footy in NQ!!!!!!!!!

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Seriously 200k is not realistic for next week

Who cares if we just miss the record. It will still be better than all pro sports in au

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Well for next week surely we can expect 25K in Newcastle, 40K in brisbane and 20K for the Dogs game. Around 15K at Cronulla and Leichhardt.

Whether we beat the record or not depends entirely on the turnout on Sunday night. ANZ are preparing for a 40K crowd but realistically I think they'll be lucky to get 30K.

Yeah the NRL really missed the boat on the game at ANZ next Sunday.

What's the point of giving a 15% discount? That's not going to encourage many more people. It should of been free entry for ALL club members and 40k plus would of been a real possibility.

I think it will get about 27-28k at the most.

Brutus

Referee
The NRL and Ch 9 f**ked up in a massive way with this Eels v Dragons game.

Had it been announced as an ANZ Stadium game 3pm kick off free entry for other club members 40-50,000 would have been assured.

Channel 9 are seriously kidding themselves if they think Cowboys v Sharks would rate higher than this particular Eels v Dragons clash.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's f**king Eels v Dragons. I don't care who's retiring, it's 12th v Spoon.

Sharks v Cowboys will decide a top four spot and should damn well be Sunday 3pm.

Frailty

First Grade

Sharks v Cowboys will decide a top four spot and should damn well be Sunday 3pm.

The Eels have been given 8 FTA games this year... When has the team who got the spoon been shown as much on FTA?

Anyone who thinks Eels v Dragons will be a better game than Sharks v Cowboys is absolutely foolish.

Panfas

Juniors
NEW v SOU - 25k
BNE v PEN - 35k
GCT v MAN - 15k
WES v MEL - 20k
BUL v SYD - 25k
CRO v NQL - 14k
NZL v CAN - 12k
PAR v SGI - 40k
Total 186k, Average 23k

BunniesMan

Immortal

Do not like when I agree with you.

Except for the top 4 spot. We'll have it locked up before then.

M2D2

Bench
The NRL and Ch 9 f**ked up in a massive way with this Eels v Dragons game.

Had it been announced as an ANZ Stadium game 3pm kick off free entry for other club members 40-50,000 would have been assured.

Channel 9 are seriously kidding themselves if they think Cowboys v Sharks would rate higher than this particular Eels v Dragons clash.

:lol::lol::lol:
They did neither.

Might decide. MIGHT.

Desert Qlder

First Grade

The Eels have been given 8 FTA games this year... When has the team who got the spoon been shown as much on FTA?

Anyone who thinks Eels v Dragons will be a better game than Sharks v Cowboys is absolutely foolish.

Excellent points!

Brutus

Referee

Actually, come to think of it, I do agree with you.

And as another poster pointed out, it wasn't 9's game to choose anyway (eels v dragons) once they overlooked it for Friday night.

Lol@ Dragons and Eels fans sense of entitlement, they deserve nothing after the football they've turned in this season. Actually wait, they should be relegated to NSW cup after the year they've both had.

the dude

Juniors
NEW v SOU - 23k
BNE v PEN - 32k
GCT v MAN - 13k
WES v MEL - 19k
BUL v SYD - 27k
CRO v NQL - 15k
NZL v CAN - 11k
PAR v SGI - 32k

dragons__

Juniors
Lol@ Dragons and Eels fans sense of entitlement, they deserve nothing after the football they've turned in this season. Actually wait, they should be relegated to NSW cup after the year they've both had.

So 4 players retiring on the same day (two most represented for their respective clubs) count for absoluelty nothing.

I'm not saying that they deserve special treatment by 9 or fox. I think thats where the NRL should have stepped in and tried to make it a special occasion for the teams and fans as best they can:
- free member entry
- kids activities before the game
- special merchandise for the 4 players
- ongoing promotion of the game on tv/radio
- free entry for kids
whatever else they think of lol.. im not in marketing or management

A lot of local and international sports celebrate player milestones much better than the NRL unfortunately. Over 1000 games of devotion to the game must count for something.

mattyg

Bench
NEW v SOU - 19k
BNE v PEN - 31k
GCT v MAN - 11k
WES v MEL - 16k
BUL v SYD - 26k
CRO v NQL - 16k
NZL v CAN - 9k
PAR v SGI - 38k

Red Bear

Referee
Would've though Brisbane would get more than 31K given it's likely Petero's last match in Brisbane (potentially last full stop).

Knights v Rabbitohs - 24k
Broncos v Panthers - 31k
Titans v Sea Eagles - 13.5k
Tigers v Storm - 17k
Dogs v Roosters - 23k
Sharks v Cowboys - 12.5k
Warriors V Raiders - 10k
Eels v Dragons - 30.5k

The Storm this year have had only 2 crowds below to 10k which were against the Panthers and Titans, as opposed to 4 last year (Knights, Raiders, Sharks, Roosters).

On the other end of the scale they've only had 1 crowd over 20k, as opposed to 3 last year.

Overall an average of 12,693 for this year, down from 14,246 last year.

Slightly worrying IMO when considering they're still high up on the ladder. They'll need to really push their memberships this year as well as increase advertising and enhance marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts