What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the media reports are correct, there will be over 40,000 people at the Parra-Saints game. I just hope it is. I know it is a ''nothing match'', but there are great players from both teams who are retiring, and wamt to finish up on a high.

I agree. 30k+ at ANZ is decent enough to make the atmosphere good.

Probably take this with a grain of salt, but on the NRL site it says:

In front of an expected sell-out crowd for Petero Civoniceva’s farewell at Suncorp on Friday night, victory over the lowly Panthers will seal a finals spot for the eighth-placed Broncos, who also hold a significant +52 points differential advantage over the ninth-placed Tigers.

w ww.nrl.com/stars-face-early-exit/tabid/10874/newsid/69567/default.aspx

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I have never understood changing at Lidcombe

I went from Gosford for a grand final once and had to change at Hornsby Strathfield Lidcombe Olympic park

It felt like it was made difficult on purpose
You either went very early, or have trouble reading signs.

Central - Strathfield - OP direct trains run on GF day from around gate opening time.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Pax doesn't mean shit.

The club's already confirmed less than 15k tickets remaining. That means at least 35-40k minimum.

To every game i've gone to this year i have got the tickets on the friday morning and the official crowd has always been around 2-3k more. No way and hell 40k have been sold. Only 3 bays on the top tier have been sold.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
HAHA! Last week bronx twitter said 10k left on the thursday arvo/ friday morning, 41.1k at the game...

It seats 52,500 remember. So shit, not one ticket sold that whole day!!! Or was the club lying ay buddy?

Wait and see hey buddy. You have zero idea on how Suncorps tickets are sold.

Timmah

Staff member
It's called an official release from the club:

THERE are still 15,000 tickets left for Friday’s Broncos-Panthers clash at Suncorp Stadium which shapes as one of the most important matches in recent Broncos’ history.

The match has long been tagged as one not to miss as Brisbane’s final chance to watch the great Petero Civoniceva go around.

Warrior Civoniceva will retire when the Broncos’ premiership campaign is over, and at fulltime on Friday fans will be invited onto the field to participate in a special presentation to him.

But the match gained incredible importance after a round of results last weekend set the
stage for the Broncos to have one last crack at making the NRL finals.
The Broncos only need a victory to ensure their place in the top eight. But they must break a six-week losing streak to confirm their spot.

“This is a game of huge proportions for our club,” said Broncos’ chief executive Paul White.

“Of course it is going to be a wonderful occasion for Petero, his family, the club and the fans because of the significance of his last home game.

“And this will only be the second time in history fans have been invited onto the Suncorp Stadium turf after fulltime.

“But our position in the top eight makes the result of the game criticial.

“We are calling on our fans to get to Suncorp Stadium and support not only Petero but the entire team – we need you this week.”
http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/Calling-All-Broncos-Fans/62857

Last I checked, 52,500 - 15,000 = 37,500...

Smiley

Bench
The Storm game sold out the entire top tier in the eastern and part of the top tier in the southern.

There is still blue available in the top tier western, the middle tier is still not sold and only sold about 3 sections in the top eastern.

Will be lucky to get over 35,000 tonight.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Storm game sold out the entire top tier in the eastern and part of the top tier in the southern.

There is still blue available in the top tier western, the middle tier is still not sold and only sold about 3 sections in the top eastern.

Will be lucky to get over 35,000 tonight.

Thankyou. Timmah is so stupid, there is still 8 white sections that need filling in the middle. Only 721, 722 and almost 720 have been filled up the top eastern. Away support on bottom bay is still available also. Oh Timmah...

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Someone else just posted a pax of 36,000 and something...

:lol:

SLRBRONCOS

Surely the Broncos can get a bigger crowd that your predicting if so it's pretty poor form from Broncos supporters with it being the final Broncos home game & Petro's farewell. Considering what the Broncos achieved over the years there crowds should be way bigger than they are now it seems supporters take the success for granted.

BDR

First Grade
Broncos crowd averages shit on everyone else in the NRL from a great height. What more do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.