What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightySharks

Bench
I thought it was an ordinary crowd, it was souths first home final in how long?

Every second idiot claims to be a souths fan yet they could only get what around 28-30 000 for a home final in which they would most likely win?

I am sick of it, souths fans say they are the pride of the league and they believe they are bigger and more important than every other club.

Well that crowd didn't show that, it was poor yet everyone will have a flag or sticker on their car with a bunny.

Souths fans at the biggest bandwagon supporters in the comp.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Every team has bandwagon fans. That is the nature of sport.

As for next week - I would expect a public ticket sell out. 70K+ easily. Doing the math, there would have been 28K or so Souths fans tonight, a similar amount from the Dogs last week. More will turn out you would think for a GF qualifier so it has to be 70K. Anything less than that would be a failure for rugby league.

fanatique

Juniors
Every team has bandwagon fans. That is the nature of sport.

As for next week - I would expect a public ticket sell out. 70K+ easily. Doing the math, there would have been 28K or so Souths fans tonight, a similar amount from the Dogs last week. More will turn out you would think for a GF qualifier so it has to be 70K. Anything less than that would be a failure for rugby league.

Don't set yourself up for a fall. GF's are special cases but apart from GFs the simple reality is that our game does not have the depth of matchgoing support for any sides to justify "expecting" 70,000. We "hope" for it and celebrage it is we get it....and it is an outside possibility....but expecting it is risking disappointment.

It'll be high 50s.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If we can get 74 and 73k for Dogs/Eels and Tigers/Saints PF's, we can crack 70k this Saturday.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Rain will be the question mark. Still plenty of time between now and then. Hopefully the forecasts change and it doesnt end up raining.

Rabbitude

Juniors
I thought it was an ordinary crowd, it was souths first home final in how long?

As a Sharks fan I guess you would be an expert on 'ordinary' crowds.

After all your team finished with the 5th worst home crowd average this year (3rd worst of any Sydney based team) despite just missing a place in the top 4.

What sort of crowd do you think a Sharks v Raiders finals match in Sydney would have attracted?

As a guide, back in 2008 in the finals you only got 18,252 against the Raiders at Toyota Park.

If the NRL had any semblance of business acuity they they would have began promoting the crap out of this match last night in order to maximise the potential turn out for this match. I guess it's up to the clubs to do all the hard work.

Imo it should sell out, disregarding weather that is.

roarr

Juniors
I wonder if they'll do the 50/50 split down the halfway line like Dogs/Eels a couple of years ago. Hope so... blue/white -- red/green would look pretty good if its 60/70+

Brutus

Referee
Nice here at Leichhardt today. Probably 4-5 k. Bunnies congregated at the south east corner of the hill.

Bears leading the Jets 18-6 at the break. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.