What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

taipan

Referee
Total crowds to date according to my matchs 159,742= avg 22,780

Newcastle tomorrow night say 19,000 should avge 22,300 this rd.
Some of the next couple of rds look like poor crowd totals.

DIOGENES

Juniors
So about 159K after 7 - that already puts it in the top 15 rounds of 4 eva with what should be a big crowd to come.

docbrown

Coach
Total crowds to date according to my matchs 159,742= avg 22,780

Newcastle tomorrow night say 19,000 should avge 22,300 this rd.
Some of the next couple of rds look like poor crowd totals.

Seems odd following Eels v Tigers with Eels v Bulldogs next week.

Next week is meh but Round 10 has the Brisbane double header, Warriors v Roosters, Knights v Cowboys, Sharks v Storm, Panthers v Dragons.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tigers defence is as solid as a sieve but I hope the Eels fans who saw the second half show up on Friday. Maybe they're just thinking too much. That casual play just clicked.
It was more a case of the Tigers putting the cue in the rack but it was good to see us throw theball around a bit.

Imagine Parra's crowds if we weren't hopeless?????

Hang on, if I recall a few seasons ago everyone predicted Parra stadium to be a full house against the Dragons in a season opener, only to get a crowd of around 18,000.

Parramatta pull a 19,000 crowd when they are coming hopelessly last against an equally shite team.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hang on, if I recall a few seasons ago everyone predicted Parra stadium to be a full house against the Dragons in a season opener, only to get a crowd of around 18,000.

Parramatta pull a 19,000 crowd when they are coming hopelessly last against an equally shite team.
If i remember there were reports of a sell out and it kept people away and it wasn't even sold out. It's happened a few times in recent memory. And today was a sunday we always do better crowd wise on Sundays.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're focusing way too much on crowd attendance. Souths have the the most members of any Sydney team, and Timmah, we have made the finals once in 22 years. I will be the first to admit that there is no team that has been as bad as Souths since 1990.

Manly vs Cowboys got 8450 last year.
Sharks vs Cowboys got 1100 last year.
Buldoga vs Cowboys got 8000 last year.

When souths prove they are contenders, hopefully this season, we will start to get some good turnouts.

I agree that 12k is average at best and more people should be getting to games.

Focusing on crowds too much?

You can have as many members as you damn well want, if you don't onsell to them the fact there are games to attend, get them to turn up in numbers by whatever means necessary - then the money may just dry up.

Bums on seats isn't the only thing with crowds - clubs like Souths stand to make a killing out of F&B, merch sales etc and with few fans there, those sales will rake in less money.

Unless something in the culture of the club changes, you're going to find a lot of clubs will catch Souths in the membership number stakes over the coming years, and with better crowds those clubs will leave Souths in the dust.

Lower deck at ANZ is crap to be honest.

Ive been to 40k crowds at Suncorp that had better atmospheres than origins at ANZ.

:lol:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Despite both teams losing this week I still think that (weather permitting) Dogs v Eels will get 30k.

Clifferd

Coach
Both games in 2010 at ANZ had ratshit atmospheres. Nothing competes with Suncorp origin atmospheres.

2010 game 1 had absolute "ratshit" weather in Sydney all day.
the third game was a nothing game with the team coming off a massive loss but there was still a fair bit of support.

2011 game 2 crowd was electric though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Both games in 2010 at ANZ had ratshit atmospheres. Nothing competes with Suncorp origin atmospheres.
Was about to reply... but Clifferd's said it for me:
2010 game 1 had absolute "ratshit" weather in Sydney all day.
the third game was a nothing game with the team coming off a massive loss but there was still a fair bit of support.

2011 game 2 crowd was electric though.

nqboy

First Grade
Originally Posted by SLRBRONCOS
Lower deck at ANZ is crap to be honest.

Ive been to 40k crowds at Suncorp that had better atmospheres than origins at ANZ.

:lol:
:lol: at your :lol:. I agree with SLR. Homebush is just rubbish because it's too far from the field and too open.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Outstanding at Parra today, so well done to all their fans who have turned out for a team in such poor form.

Next sunday will be interesting. Souths v Sharks on a sunday arvo at ANZ, form will hopefully see it get over 20K. Not really sure how sharks fans travel to OP if anyone can enlighten me?

Also i think Doggies v parra is one of the few fixtures that form wont really effect the crowd for the worse. Should be getting 28-30k for par

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts