What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono1987

Juniors
Why the SOUTH SYDNEY Rabbitohs play in the heart of WESTERN Sydney has me stumped.

Has you stumped? I don't consider you a fool Tim.

Rustys Homebush Rabbitohs play at ANZ for the money. That is all. They sold out their supporter base for more money.

the dude

Juniors
1. Penrith Parra rivalry is certainly there. Filled Centrebet to the tune of 22k just two seasons ago from memory.

2. Agree, Penrith don't seem to have a strong following. Lots of work to do out west for them IMO.

That said, I think Penrith are vital to the NRL. I don't feel the same about Souths, and them, along with Cronulla and probably the Gold Coast are expendable.

You're focusing way too much on crowd attendance. Souths have the the most members of any Sydney team, and Timmah, we have made the finals once in 22 years. I will be the first to admit that there is no team that has been as bad as Souths since 1990.

Manly vs Cowboys got 8450 last year.
Sharks vs Cowboys got 1100 last year.
Buldoga vs Cowboys got 8000 last year.

When souths prove they are contenders, hopefully this season, we will start to get some good turnouts.

I agree that 12k is average at best and more people should be getting to games.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Our extra 4k is 4,000 more voices, 4,000 more boos, 4,000 more cheers. Don't underestimate people power. Remember that while it's a 80k stadium, the lower bowl seats 40-45k so it's really half full when you disregard the top decks.

Add to that we have a game day team that actually engages the crowd (to the point where the club got a heap of compliments for yesterday's matchday experience).

And unfortunately, your club is stuck at ANZ due to some ridiculous deal about changerooms.

Why the SOUTH SYDNEY Rabbitohs play in the heart of WESTERN Sydney has me stumped.

Lower deck at ANZ is crap to be honest.

Ive been to 40k crowds at Suncorp that had better atmospheres than origins at ANZ.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Looks good here at Parra. Single seats only in the stands and the ends look about three quarters full. Plenty of Tigpies fans here as usual.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Tell your mate he's a dumbarse.

from an outsider looking in who has no clue about the game, you should be forgiven for thinking that. And that's the problem with small crowds in big stadiums, it is probably turning away potential fans. Forget the quality of the match itself, if someone turns on the tv to watch a game in an empty stadium you'd automatically be disheartened

CC_Roosters

First Grade
If i have calculated right, we have 6 clubs averaging over 20k after 8 rounds. Yes most of those will decrease by seasons end depending on form but its good to see. Another thing i noticed is the large drop off after the tigers to the rest of the pack, the likes of Penrith, Cronulla and Manly need marquee/game of the round games at the footy stadium IMO, which would build there average nicely. Manly i feel have not capitalised well on winning the premiership with their memberships and crowds, the Round 2 clash v the Tigers could have been moved to the SFS instead of gosford and would surely have been a big crowd and money spinner

Looking at the bulldogs remaining home games at ANZ- Sharks, Souths, Parra, Cowboys, Broncos, Tigers and Chooks. If they maintain finals form they will easily average 20k and maybe push 25k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts