What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
no it's not, its an expected crowd maybe but by what definition do you call any NRL crowd of 12k "good"?
Look at what Parra got against neighbours Penrith. 12k for a historically poor drawing team like the Cowboys in this weather is a solid effort.

It'll be on the right side of 15k for the Sharks if the weather is decent next week.

Brutus

Referee
Souths got 11k against the Cowboys at ANZ Stadium last year in horrible conditions.

1k more tonight in perfect conditions.

user_nat

Coach
Look at what Parra got against neighbours Penrith. 12k for a historically poor drawing team like the Cowboys in this weather is a solid effort.

It'll be on the right side of 15k for the Sharks if the weather is decent next week.

What weather?

DIOGENES

Juniors
i agree about the weather but its still the second highest since 2001.
(What I want to know is what happened to the 50k who demonstrated for the readmission of Souffs. Was Andrew Denton there tonight? What about Tom Cruise or Thomas Keneally.)

DIOGENES

Juniors
Part of the problem is Souffs insistence on ANZ -there might be good financialreasons for using it but it sure destroys the atmosphere of the game

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Clear, cool, fine night. Temp was 15 degrees at kickoff - not even cold.

Bulldogs still yet to post a crowd under 20k, although home games against Cronulla and Storm (in Mackay) might dent that

Timmah

Staff member
Part of the problem is Souffs insistence on ANZ -there might be good financialreasons for using it but it sure destroys the atmosphere of the game

Pretty much bang on. ANZ works for the Bulldogs because we have a strong, loyal supporter base that turns up most weeks regardless of results... and it's IN OUR AREA.

Souths need to be back at the SFS.

DIOGENES

Juniors
At 12k the atmosphere would still be crap at SFS. I don't know where Souths fit into the NRL except that they found a sugar-daddy.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Pretty much bang on. ANZ works for the Bulldogs because we have a strong, loyal supporter base that turns up most weeks regardless of results... and it's IN OUR AREA.

Souths need to be back at the SFS.
Your extra 4k average crowd or whatever it is really makes a huge difference in atmosphere in an 80k stadium?

We'll go back to SFS as soon as they get their head out of their arse, pay us properly and stop using the footy codes to pay for the cricket that loses them millions.

BunniesMan

Immortal
At 12k the atmosphere would still be crap at SFS. I don't know where Souths fit into the NRL except that they found a sugar-daddy.
Our crowds are better than that other team at SFS, they are also better than Penrith, Parra and Manly. So get your head out of your arse.

How about the 14k the Penrith-Parra rivalry game got? Where does that "fit into the NRL"? f**ken genius.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Your extra 4k average crowd or whatever it is really makes a huge difference in atmosphere in an 80k stadium?

We'll go back to SFS as soon as they get their head out of their arse, pay us properly and stop using the footy codes to pay for the cricket that loses them millions.

How's that birthday party going liar? Must be a kickarse event if you're on the forum all night.

BunniesMan

Immortal
How's that birthday party going liar? Must be a kickarse event if you're on the forum all night.
Waiting for my ride aren't I? He said 10:15, then traffic happened he just said 10:30.

Do you want to come? You follow me around here like a bad smell.

Bondi and then the Cross if you're interested. I'll be the tall good looking guy with a couple of chicks on his arms.

DIOGENES

Juniors
This is the NRL not the Sydney competition. If we are going to be serious about that the inner City should have 1team and the West should ne down to 1 or 2.
I lived in Penrith for many years and my view is that:
1. I mever heard of a Penrith/parra rivalry -thats the sort of thing 9 or the Tele would dream up
2. After 45 years Penrith still do not inspire much local loyalty
I would ne happy if both Souths and Penrith were rationalised.

Timmah

Staff member

Our extra 4k is 4,000 more voices, 4,000 more boos, 4,000 more cheers. Don't underestimate people power. Remember that while it's a 80k stadium, the lower bowl seats 40-45k so it's really half full when you disregard the top decks.

Add to that we have a game day team that actually engages the crowd (to the point where the club got a heap of compliments for yesterday's matchday experience).

And unfortunately, your club is stuck at ANZ due to some ridiculous deal about changerooms.

Why the SOUTH SYDNEY Rabbitohs play in the heart of WESTERN Sydney has me stumped.

Timmah

Staff member
I lived in Penrith for many years and my view is that:
1. I mever heard of a Penrith/parra rivalry -thats the sort of thing 9 or the Tele would dream up
2. After 45 years Penrith still do not inspire much local loyalty
I would ne happy if both Souths and Penrith were rationalised.

1. Penrith Parra rivalry is certainly there. Filled Centrebet to the tune of 22k just two seasons ago from memory.

2. Agree, Penrith don't seem to have a strong following. Lots of work to do out west for them IMO.

That said, I think Penrith are vital to the NRL. I don't feel the same about Souths, and them, along with Cronulla and probably the Gold Coast are expendable.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Waiting for my ride aren't I? He said 10:15, then traffic happened he just said 10:30.
How convenient and what a better way to pass the time then to head to the forums.

How's that ignore function treating you numbnuts?

This not directed to Bunniesliar - for the 6000th time, Penrith aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
Not a very good crowd but you cant expect miracles agianst the cowboys. Just a team that does not draw a crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts