What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clifferd

Coach
Outstanding at Parra today, so well done to all their fans who have turned out for a team in such poor form.

Next sunday will be interesting. Souths v Sharks on a sunday arvo at ANZ, form will hopefully see it get over 20K. Not really sure how sharks fans travel to OP if anyone can enlighten me?

Also i think Doggies v parra is one of the few fixtures that form wont really effect the crowd for the worse. Should be getting 28-30k for par

Isn't the souths game on a monday night?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Outstanding at Parra today, so well done to all their fans who have turned out for a team in such poor form.

Next sunday will be interesting. Souths v Sharks on a sunday arvo at ANZ, form will hopefully see it get over 20K. Not really sure how sharks fans travel to OP if anyone can enlighten me?

Also i think Doggies v parra is one of the few fixtures that form wont really effect the crowd for the worse. Should be getting 28-30k for par
Souths v Sharks is Monday night.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Bunnies v Sharks last year got 9K at ANZ on a Friday night. This year on a Monday it vhas every chance of being sub 10K

Eels v Dogs got 30K last year at ANZ on a Friday

the dude

Juniors
Anything less than 15k next Monday will be disappointing.

If it was on a Sunday arvo instead it would probably be 20k

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bunnies v Sharks last year got 9K at ANZ on a Friday night. This year on a Monday it vhas every chance of being sub 10K

Context isn't a big deal for you is it.

That game was in torrential rain. It'll get 15k this year.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Last year's second clash only got 10-15k from memory, although it was PISSING down.

Can't see Souffs/Sharks sub-10k with both sides actually paying good footy.

Suitman

Post Whore
Outstanding crowd today at Parra.
I got there at 2.15 and there were only 400 tickets left for the family terrace (Brett kenny Terrace) on the south hill. They must have sold more then the allocated amount of seats as the two platforms for the invalid were full of standing patrons. There must have been a hundred and fifty or so on those two platforms where normally there'd be ten-twenty.
There rest of the stadium I was told was sold out. I couldn't even buy a single seat.
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here that it was a sellout, because it must have been, despite the stated crowd figure.
There were quite a few empty seats in areas where I was told I couldn't buy a single ticket.
This is where Parra Stadium sucks.
I reckon there could well have been over 22000 turn up today. The advertising hoardings prevent some standing room capacity, which would probably add another 2000 to each hill.
The stadium really sucks for capacity reasons, but also because I couldn't even see the scoreboard from the south hill, and ultimately, the time clock.
Parra stadium is really so far out of it's depth it ain't funny.
And watch them ruin the joint when they try and expand capacity, but then , that's a topic for the Future NRL Stadiums Thread.

Suity

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Was defiantly an Outstanding crowd at Parra today. Unfortunately I left it to the left minute and rocked up at the gates at 2:40pm and the game was sold out.

Good to see despite how poorly both tigers and Eels have been performing that they can sell the game out.

And Yes as Suitman said the signs need to go they could easily stick another couple of hundred people on the hill if they went.

the dude

Juniors
I went to the Sharks game last year and there weren't too many Cronulla fans there because they were near last at the time. This week there should at least be a few thousand that make it from work + the usual 11 or so thousand souths fans that show up..

Monday night is the only thing stopping it as long as it gets decent weather. Anything under 15k will be poor

Teddyboy

First Grade
Just watched it and thats what Rugby League should be about with playing in front of a packed crowd on a nice afternoon and just when you think West's Tiggers are going to make a joke of the home team for the first 68 minutes Paramatta contribute to an excellent game.
No 12-6 scorelines.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 8 :: Apr 25-30
Wednesday 25 April
Dragons 28 def Roosters 24 @ Allianz (Crowd: 40,164), 4:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Storm 32 def Warriors 14 @ AAMI (Crowd: 20,333), 7:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Friday 27 April
Bulldogs 10 lost to Sea Eagles 12 @ ANZ (Crowd: 24,743), 7:30pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Broncos 26 def Titans 6 @ Suncorp (Crowd: 30,083), 7:30pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Saturday 28 April
Rabbitohs 20 def Cowboys 16 @ ANZ (Crowd: 12,213), 7:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Sunday 29 April
Raiders 22 lost to Sharks 44 @ Canberra (Crowd: 12,227), 2:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Eels 30 lost to Tigers 31 @ Parramatta (Crowd: 19,654), 3:00pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Monday 30 April
Knights v Panthers @ Hunter Stadium, 7:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Crowd total Round 8 (seven games): 159,417
Crowd average Round 8 (seven games): 22,773

Crowd total 2012: 1,122,289
Crowd average 2012: 17,814

Status
Not open for further replies.