What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If the double header was scheduled for yesterday the crowd would have been unreal. Such a good afternoon in Brisbane.

Saint Doc

Coach
If the double header was scheduled for yesterday the crowd would have been unreal. Such a good afternoon in Brisbane.

Good point. We shouldn't scedule games in advance, gallop should wake up, lookout his window and say "NOW! The sun is shining, call griffin and toovey, it's on now!"

Timmah the DH should not count for team average but SHOULD count for NRL average IMO

H.H

Juniors
I see your argument, but is it really fair to either Brisbane or Canterbury to split the crowd down the middle when it comes to averaging? Neither side would be able to truly calculate how many came to watch each game.
No it isn't, and I'm not sure what they do in relation to the home team's averages. In the past they either haven't counted it at all in the team averages, or alternatively, they've used a notional number, say equal to their highest crowd of the year (apart from the DH).

In any case, at a round 10/NRL average level, it needs to take the full 7 games into account

Brutus

Referee

looks like the qld reds will be taking the vacant sunday arvo nrl slot in brisbane into the future. Brisbane people love their sunday footy, but this continual friday night nrl bullshit is making sure they get out of the habit.

Another bris team please.

Frailty

First Grade
looks like the qld reds will be taking the vacant sunday arvo nrl slot in brisbane into the future. Brisbane people love their sunday footy, but this continual friday night nrl bullshit is making sure they get out of the habit.

Another bris team please.

Those poor Broncos... FTA every week and consistent 7 day turn around! How do the poor darlings do it?!

As for the double header, I reckon it would work better on a Sunday afternoon. 2pm and 4pm kick offs (4pm live on Channel Nine).

Karl

Juniors
We were told monotonously the Rebels would drag fans away from the Storm.They haven't.
We were told having a ru tradition in Victoria for a hundred years,a decent grassroots base and in the private schools,the Weary Dunlop factor the fans would follow ,and that the Storm would struggle.

So all it tells us, having a code in victoria with a 90 years start,and averaging crowds about the same for a club deposited there in 98, with no grassroots base to speak of in a hostile media environment,says little about the Rebels and more for the Storm.
The issue is about sticking it up the many ru officials and clowns who bagged the Storm and their crowds.

Melbourne is THE AFL town. I'm behind any code that can set up there and pull crowds and offer an alternative in a tough environment.

I think the Rebs and the Storm are doing pretty well, all things considered.

bobmar28

Bench
Melbourne is THE AFL town. I'm behind any code that can set up there and pull crowds and offer an alternative in a tough environment.

I think the Rebs and the Storm are doing pretty well, all things considered.

The Rebels get a little help from The Age - They always feature on the sports page, NRL rarely. And probably also the ABC.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 10 :: May 11-14
Friday 11 May
Broncos 22 lost to Sea Eagles 24 @ Suncorp, 7:00pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Bulldogs 14 lost to Titans 25 @ Suncorp, 8:45pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Double Header Crowd: 41,273
Saturday 12 May
Warriors 30 def Roosters 26 @ Mt Smart (Crowd: 16,220), 5:30pm FOX Sports LIVE (7:30pm NZ local time) - thread
Knights 12 lost to Cowboys 32 @ Hunter (Crowd: 18,191), 7:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Sunday 13 May
Raiders 40 def Eels 34 @ Canberra (Crowd: 9,210), 2:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Sharks 12 def Storm 10 @ Toyota (Crowd: 14,595), 3:00pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Monday 14 May
Panthers 13 def Dragons 12 (golden point) @ Centrebet (Crowd: 10,367), 7:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
BYES: Wests Tigers, South Sydney Rabbitohs
Crowd total Round 10: 109,856
Crowd average Round 10: 15,694
(Double header counted as two games)
Crowd total 2012: 1,376,082
Crowd average 2012: 17,419

Funnily enough it wasn't as cold at Penrith as it was elsewhere, I know it was about 9 degrees in Penrith at 7:30pm, while it dropped to about 6 in Gosford from memory.

Anyway, 2011 comparison time...

After 79 matches in 2011 - total 1,354,751; average 17,149

After 79 matches in 2012 - total 1,376,082; average 17,419

So we're ahead still, by a little less now - 270 per game, a total of 21,331 people.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I see your argument, but is it really fair to either Brisbane or Canterbury to split the crowd down the middle when it comes to averaging? Neither side would be able to truly calculate how many came to watch each game.

Neither side in the double header should have the crowd figure included in their totals. It should go down as an NRL event and be added to the season total, with the 2 games played added to the total games column

Divide the double-header crowd in half and include that in the Broncos and Bulldogs crowd averages/totals. 20,636 for Brisbane and 20,635 for Bulldogs. The downside to this is that this obviiously disadvantages the Broncos as I'm sure they would have got minimum 32,000 vs Manly as a stand-alone game.

DIOGENES

Juniors
From memory last year the mid year numbers didn't dive as much as the did in previous years. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 6 weeks.

Panfas

Juniors
Funnily enough it wasn't as cold at Penrith as it was elsewhere, I know it was about 9 degrees in Penrith at 7:30pm, while it dropped to about 6 in Gosford from memory.
Given I was not at the game due to work but I got home to Glenmore Park about 7pm and it was fugging freezing, with my car showing 6.5c outside temperature. Just for arguments sake, Penrith had a low of 3.8c yesterday, and gosford 5.5c

Anyway, us Penrith fans give a big welcome back to Winter and look forward to our next night game played in near freezing temperatures. I love the cold night games out at Centrebet :cool:

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Divide the double-header crowd in half and include that in the Broncos and Bulldogs crowd averages/totals. 20,636 for Brisbane and 20,635 for Bulldogs. The downside to this is that this obviiously disadvantages the Broncos as I'm sure they would have got minimum 32,000 vs Manly as a stand-alone game.

I really don't think they care about the averages, more about the cash said averages bring.

nko11

Juniors
Round 11 Guesses:
Tigers Vs Warriors - 16,000 (Not too sure with this one)
Cowboys Vs Panthers - 18,000
Sea Eagles Vs Roosters - 14,000
Dragons Vs Rabbitohs - 18,000
Bulldogs Vs Sharks - 18,000 (Not too sure with this one either)

Total: 84,000

Average: 16,800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts