What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frailty

First Grade
As much as people here are disappointed with the Sharks crowd, let's be honest. Any other year we would struggle to get 12,000 there for a game against Melbourne - and if it were Mothers Day 10,000.

15,000 is a decent crowd for an out of state visiting team and on mothers day.

skeepe

Immortal
Umm no. ANYTHING with the word "moo" in it is NOT major.

For you blokes in the big smoke perhaps not, but it's the biggest single day music event we've got. Well, this and Foreshore.

Also worth noting yesterday was cold even by Canberra standards.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Excellent idea once Belmore is up to standard.

What a great day that was :D Thank you Matt Utai.
All good. We enjoyed the premiership trophy :p

Umm no. ANYTHING with the word "moo" in it is NOT major.
Might not be major in terms of visiting state capitals but it's a huge regional event and to think it's anything less is foolish and short sighted.

Whilst the guy is a deadbeat wanker....

Storm: 1st with a 9-1 record
Rebels: 12th with a 3-7 record

It would be relevant if it was an argument where opinions were being thrown around, his post is just plain factually wrong and it's not like it's tough to check.

We were told you years by Union trolls that there is a good sized Rugby Union fanbase in Melbourne who would support any Melbourne Super 15 team.

Weary Dunlop, Weary Dunlop!

Karl

Juniors
But if they are getting basically the same number of fans to games as the Storm (who are far more successful franchise in terms of results) then doesn't that tell you there is a good sized fan base? It might not be huge, but clearly they get as many fans to games as a lot of NRL teams, so whats the issue exactly?

H.H

Juniors
Round 10 :: May 11-14
Friday 11 May
Broncos 22 lost to Sea Eagles 24 @ Suncorp, 7:00pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Bulldogs 14 lost to Titans 25 @ Suncorp, 8:45pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Double Header Crowd: 41,273
Saturday 12 May
Warriors 30 def Roosters 26 @ Mt Smart (Crowd: 16,220), 5:30pm FOX Sports LIVE (7:30pm NZ local time) - thread
Knights 12 lost to Cowboys 32 @ Hunter (Crowd: 18,191), 7:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Sunday 13 May
Raiders 40 def Eels 34 @ Canberra (Crowd: 9,210), 2:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Sharks 12 def Storm 10 @ Toyota (Crowd: 14,595), 3:00pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Monday 14 May
Panthers v Dragons @ Centrebet Stadium, 7:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
BYES: Wests Tigers, South Sydney Rabbitohs
Crowd total Round 10: 99,489 (Double header counted as one game, 1 match to play)
Crowd average Round 9: 19,898
Crowd total 2012: 1,365,715
Crowd average 2012: 17,737

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=393936

You did this last year as well Tim Tam.

Don't understand the logic. 41k turned up to watch 2 games on Friday night. 99k turned up to watch 6 games so far this round.

Therefore the average for round 10 so far is 16,650.

BDR

First Grade
Read today that the Cowboys are putting on a deal for Saturday night. Buy one adult GA ticket and one child gets in for free.

Hopefully boosts the crowd a bit at what is usually one of our worst drawing sides.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
But if they are getting basically the same number of fans to games as the Storm (who are far more successful franchise in terms of results) then doesn't that tell you there is a good sized fan base? It might not be huge, but clearly they get as many fans to games as a lot of NRL teams, so whats the issue exactly?

Storm also have more home games.

8 home games vs 12.

With a higher average at this time, they'll def have a lot bigger agg as well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You did this last year as well Tim Tam.

Don't understand the logic. 41k turned up to watch 2 games on Friday night. 99k turned up to watch 6 games so far this round.

Therefore the average for round 10 so far is 16,650.

I see your argument, but is it really fair to either Brisbane or Canterbury to split the crowd down the middle when it comes to averaging? Neither side would be able to truly calculate how many came to watch each game.

taipan

Referee

We were told monotonously the Rebels would drag fans away from the Storm.They haven't.
We were told having a ru tradition in Victoria for a hundred years,a decent grassroots base and in the private schools,the Weary Dunlop factor the fans would follow ,and that the Storm would struggle.

So all it tells us, having a code in victoria with a 90 years start,and averaging crowds about the same for a club deposited there in 98, with no grassroots base to speak of in a hostile media environment,says little about the Rebels and more for the Storm.
The issue is about sticking it up the many ru officials and clowns who bagged the Storm and their crowds.

azza29

Juniors

There is a decent fanbase for both teams. I suspect long term the Rebels may average higher as they have fewer games, but the Storm will still have the greater aggregate.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Neither side in the double header should have the crowd figure included in their totals. It should go down as an NRL event and be added to the season total, with the 2 games played added to the total games column

Tonight could be stinker, although i heard the dragons haven't been out to penrith in 3 years so will probably be mostly dragons fans there

dragons__

Juniors
Neither side in the double header should have the crowd figure included in their totals. It should go down as an NRL event and be added to the season total, with the 2 games played added to the total games column

Tonight could be stinker, although i heard the dragons haven't been out to penrith in 3 years so will probably be mostly dragons fans there

i would if i could.. unfortuanetly, being a monday night, i wouldn't be able to make it to the game until h/t from the city.

i dont understand why the monday night game doesn't start at 7.30pm like friday and saturday nights..

CC_Roosters

First Grade
i would if i could.. unfortuanetly, being a monday night, i wouldn't be able to make it to the game until h/t from the city.

i dont understand why the monday night game doesn't start at 7.30pm like friday and saturday nights..

Logged in to post about this very subject. Totally agree, 7pm is far too early and i dont understand who would make the decision in the first place for a 7pm start? Doesn't seem to offer fox any ratings advantage as far as i can see?

Actually in round 1 at the roosters bunnies game, the guy who sat next to me turned up at like 7.20 expecting to have 15 minutes until kickoff.

Barely 10k, not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.