What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
What do you expect, I keep saying it time and time again, Monday is a dogs breakfast of a time. I sure as anything am not going to the game when I work till 5pm, I am tired. Put it on Sunday Night, Fox still get their timeslot and everyone is happy.

ouwet

Bench
What do you expect, I keep saying it time and time again, Monday is a dogs breakfast of a time. I sure as anything am not going to the game when I work till 5pm, I am tired. Put it on Sunday Night, Fox still get their timeslot and everyone is happy.

It's a little difficult but if your passionate about your team... Shouldn't be to much of an issue. Went last night (Work in St Leonards, Live in Monterey) and I'll go next monday against the Roosters also.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It's a little difficult but if your passionate about your team... Shouldn't be to much of an issue. Went last night (Work in St Leonards, Live in Monterey) and I'll go next monday against the Roosters also.

Maybe....but it is impossible to be not tired, I just don't feel like getting home at 11pm on a work night. I ask this...give me one reason why we can't do the same thing on a SUNDAY NIGHT (not a work night).

Suitman

Post Whore

FMD. St Leonards to California every day??? The travel must be a real chore. ;-)
Where in the hell is Monterey?

Suity

Teddyboy

First Grade
All you haters haven't got a f**kin clue so belt up and keep this thread no bitch like FFS.
Yes S15 has a massive image problem.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe....but it is impossible to be not tired, I just don't feel like getting home at 11pm on a work night. I ask this...give me one reason why we can't do the same thing on a SUNDAY NIGHT (not a work night).

Money into the game. Games rate well on Pay TV on a Monday night, Pay TV will pay for good ratings, hence why we play games on a Monday night.

docbrown

Coach
Tracking Against Record Average:
2012 Season Avg so far = 17137
Same Round Season Avg in 2005 = 16948

Tracking Against Record Aggregate:
2012 after 84 games = 1439494
2011 after 81 games = 1375535

Chook Norris

First Grade
does that mean we are clearly on track to beat the crowd average this season? or are we anticipating a sizeable decline during and just after the origin period?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Money into the game. Games rate well on Pay TV on a Monday night, Pay TV will pay for good ratings, hence why we play games on a Monday night.

Note that none of those reasons have anything to do with the FANS of the game. If the AFL who set the standard for crowds, don't need Monday night scheduling, why does the NRL. It would rate the same on a Sunday night.

docbrown

Coach
does that mean we are clearly on track to beat the crowd average this season? or are we anticipating a sizeable decline during and just after the origin period?

It's hard to predict but it's better to be ahead before Origin starts obviously.

I can see why they're going to move Origin to Monday night - so players only miss 3 club games instead of up to 6 (as clubs will withdraw players on the weekend)

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
It's hard to predict but it's better to be ahead before Origin starts obviously.

I can see why they're going to move Origin to Monday night - so players only miss 3 club games instead of up to 6 (as clubs will withdraw players on the weekend)

Would also help stupid scheduling like Melbourne v Brisbane 2 days after Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.