What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was 7k. Take your rose coloured glasses off people. Penrith don't draw a crowd, I don't blame the Cowboys.

Look at the highlights package on Foxs website. There are entire sections of the grandstands with noone in it.

7k sounds like a reasonable estimate.

:lol: you imbecile.

Official crowd: 11,648.

beave

Coach
I'm not going to say I told you blokes so but........... i told you so. Not a great crowd up here but Penrith along with Canberra don't drag the crowds in up here unfortunatley.

counterpuncher

Juniors
Rain to ruin two potentially decent Sunday afternoon crowds in Sydney.

Think the worst of it is done, overcast but bright at Jubilee currently.

Confident of at least 14500-15000, no reason for fans to cry and sit at home after the first few drops of rain for 3 weeks. Should be a great arvo on the hill. :)

Chook Norris

First Grade
Hmm the Roast saying that dynamic ticketing will be introduced next year? thoughts?

*Basically tickets more in demand will cost more, whereas tickets low in demand (low crowds) will cost less

user_nat

Coach
Do we really think that ticket prices are that big of a deal? It obviously is in some limited cases, like the Titans.

But if a ticket was $20 instead of $25, would that really make that much of a difference?

Canard

Immortal
I think they are, for general admin "walk up" tickets to the Storm its $29 at the gate (cheaper on the internet).

Thats f**king bullshit, If you want to attract the casual AFL fan they should be no more than a movie ticket (i.e. $20).

When they play the 5.30, they would get 10 to 15% more crowd streaming out from the G if they priced it better.

Flapper

First Grade
if anything kids tickets should be at least halved, it's a lot easier to justify the expense if you've got 2 adults and 4 kids and pay around 50 bucks to get in.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yep nrl needs to bring in a set $50 family ga ticket and free entry for under 10's. Make it a condition of the extra $3mill clubs are likely to get from next year.

skeepe

Immortal
Do we really think that ticket prices are that big of a deal? It obviously is in some limited cases, like the Titans.

But if a ticket was $20 instead of $25, would that really make that much of a difference?

Raiders ticket prices are ridiculous, especially for kids. $17 at the gate for a child's ticket.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not that many people like Ray Hadley, but I love his quote - "better to have 30k at $20 each than 20k at $30 each.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I remember him banging on about that in the late 90s on 2UE, and he's right (for once). Shame it's 15 years+ later and it's still an issue for some clubs.

azza29

Juniors
I remember him banging on about that in the late 90s on 2UE, and he's right (for once). Shame it's 15 years+ later and it's still an issue for some clubs.

Too right. GA ends should just be dirt cheap, like $15-20, $5 for kids and no more than $40 for a family of four. If people want to pay more for premium seats good on them, but basic seats should always be affordable to maximise crowds. It's not as if any team is regularly selling out their stadium week to week.

Just looking at AFL juniors pricing, MCG GA for under 15's is $2.50 or free if they're under 6. Need that kind of thinking in rugby league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts