What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valheru

Coach
The roosters are offering a double pass for $40 instead of the normal $60 for Monday’s game against the dogs and also allowing every ticketed member to bring a ‘mate’ to the game for free.

Good on the club for trying to promote the game but it is a shame that this game isn’t on a day (any day other than Monday) where it would draw quite well anyway.

http://www.roosters.com.au/news-display/Bring-a-mate-for-FREE/55402

Too right. GA ends should just be dirt cheap, like $15-20, $5 for kids and no more than $40 for a family of four. If people want to pay more for premium seats good on them, but basic seats should always be affordable to maximise crowds. It's not as if any team is regularly selling out their stadium week to week.

Just looking at AFL juniors pricing, MCG GA for under 15's is $2.50 or free if they're under 6. Need that kind of thinking in rugby league.

Thats exactly what the NRL needs. The more young people you get into the game the more these kids will go to games when they are older.

We have all been saying this for years and it is sooo logical, but getting the idea into the heads of the NRL is like banging your head against a wall, and it seems the ARLC dont give a toss. They care more about some guy who rubs vaseline on his thighs then they do about increasing crowds. The ARLC has been in power for months and so far they have done 2 things. Changed the finals system and stopped vaseline man. It's f**king bullshit.

If only we could swap our administration for the AFL's.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tbf they don't have the money to subsidies memberships and tickets yet. If they don't do anything about it next season then vent.

the dude

Juniors
Quite an average crowd.. We got 13k against the Sharks 2 weeks ago - Monday's are absolutely horrible for crowds. If Souths vs Sharks or Dogs vs Sharks was on a Sunday arvo it would've pulled at least 20k

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Quite an average crowd.. We got 13k against the Sharks 2 weeks ago - Monday's are absolutely horrible for crowds. If Souths vs Sharks or Dogs vs Sharks was on a Sunday arvo it would've pulled at least 20k

To be fair when souths played the sharks it was close to a 50-50 contest and i thought the crowd then was poor. The elephant in the room is origin and i hate that it rapes 6 rounds of the draw to death.

And friday night is a big test for bunnies fans IMO. Less than 15k would be below average IMO

Bring on stand alone origin on a saturday night. Finish the round before on a sunday evening, then have the next commence on the wednesday through to monday

Teddyboy

First Grade
12000 for 2 Sydney teams in a near empty massive stadium does not make comfortable viewing,time to switch off.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
12000 for 2 Sydney teams in a near empty massive stadium does not make comfortable viewing,time to switch off.
People do not switch the game off because of the crowd. In fact most fans watching on TV probably don't even notice how big or small the crowd is - they are more interested in THE GAME. Hell I didn't even notice crowd sizes until i started posting here.

Brutus

Referee
Very ordinary crowd, but that's monday night for you. I can't bag doggies fans, they lead the way for crowds in sydney.

The Roosters and the nrl should be promoting the f**k out of their monday game against the dogs next week. Get the inner city set to the game. Buy a big mac get two tickets free.

Teddyboy

First Grade
People do not switch the game off because of the crowd. In fact most fans watching on TV probably don't even notice how big or small the crowd is - they are more interested in THE GAME. Hell I didn't even notice crowd sizes until i started posting here.
Well a number of posters like myself say they can not watch a game on TV if there is a low crowd as the atmosphere (or lack of it) does come over on TV and a lot of people haves said they switch off plus it's not good for the image of the game.

Brutus

Referee
Well a number of posters like myself say they can not watch a game on TV if there is a low crowd as the atmosphere (or lack of it) does come over on TV and a lot of people haves said they switch off plus it's not good for the image of the game.

You obviously don't watch much Super 15 union then.

All threads need input, just not from you.

Flapper

First Grade

If you're turning off the game because of the size of the crowd you're a f**king imbecile of the highest order.

ouwet

Bench
Deadset, Cronulla are a disgrace!! You could count there 20 supporters who bothered to turn up last night. NZ, Cowboys, Melbourne, Brisbane bring more bloody support!!!

BODISGOD

Bench

:roll:

Valheru

Coach
Thats exactly what the NRL needs. The more young people you get into the game the more these kids will go to games when they are older.

Agreed

Children 15 and under should be free to all regular season games unless it is marquee like ANZAC day or a genuine sell out is expected at places like Leichardt. Certainly all games at ANZ, SFS (beside ANZAC day), AAMI, Canberra Stadium and Suncorp should facilitate free entry for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.