What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenflow

Bench
I guess they're hoping Queenslanders stay the extra couple of days for both to boost the crowd.

I've no doubt there'll be some QLD's staying behind for the game on Friday night which has been the case in the last couple of times origin was played here.

azza29

Juniors
I guess they're hoping Queenslanders stay the extra couple of days for both to boost the crowd.

Should be a decent crowd too - Category 1 is already down to single seats only, and Storm have sent out a lot of e-mails advising GA members to get there early or upgrade their seats.

Only competing event on is Bulldogs v Cats so that shouldn't affect the crowd too much either.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade

Billythekid

First Grade
Would also help stupid scheduling like Melbourne v Brisbane 2 days after Origin

It's bullsh*t that they have ruined this game yet again. It's pretty much guaranteed to be one of the games of the year but then they do this do it.

I've no doubt there'll be some QLD's staying behind for the game on Friday night which has been the case in the last couple of times origin was played here.

I guess this makes sense but it i guess i just selfishly waht to see both teams at full strength.

In a game where we will get flogged...good luck with that one.:lol:

I don't see why, i don't think your lineup looks that much weaker this week.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
So cat 2 is $38. On a Monday night ?

How much is cat 1 ??

My threshold for a game of footy is $25 for a standard game

These prices are ridiculous MNF should all be $15 all year kids $5

Agreed, instead of giving clubs $'s due to reduced crowds they should be giving it to them to reduce ticket prices and keep the crowds up.

Panfas

Juniors
Fantastic Origin 1 crowd of 56,021 one of the highest ever

Highest sporting crowds for each sport at Etihad
Soccer: 55,436 2007 Melbourne v Adelaide
Rugby: 56,605 2001 Australia v British / Irish Lions
AFL: 54,444 2009 St Kilda v Geelong

bazza

Immortal
Agreed, instead of giving clubs $'s due to reduced crowds they should be giving it to them to reduce ticket prices and keep the crowds up.

I think they should give each home game up to $100,000 per Monday night game.
Each monday night game should offer 10,000 tickets for $10. The NRL would then give the club an extra $10 for every cheap ticket sold. Make those cheap seats on the non-camera side as well to make it look better on TV

azza29

Juniors
Did they bring the stands in? Didn't look like it.

Nope. Doesn't happen often. Would be better if they did, but it knocks 3k off the capacity and some of the turf has to be lifted out, so it's not possible when there will be an AFL game played 2 days later.

docbrown

Coach
I think they should give each home game up to $100,000 per Monday night game.
Each monday night game should offer 10,000 tickets for $10. The NRL would then give the club an extra $10 for every cheap ticket sold. Make those cheap seats on the non-camera side as well to make it look better on TV

Well if not that then something like that.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Souths v Canberra - 11k
Melbourne v Brisbane - 15k (Rain increasing today)
Newcastle v Gold Coast - 16k
St George-Illawarra v Parramatta - 14k
Penrith v Manly - 13k
Wests Tigers v North Qld - 18k
Sydney Roosters v Canterbury - 13k

Brutus

Referee
Souffs got 11k against the cowboys on a shithole friday night last season , so we may crack the 10k.

Status
Not open for further replies.