What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep an 8 degree night game against a shit out of town team. That's really the ideal time to make generalisations.

How about you wait until we get an afternoon game against a half decent team. That is a better indication of how much our support has grown on the back of our wins.

8 degree night? Never dropped below 12.1 degrees the whole game: http://www.weatherzone.com.au/station.jsp?lt=site&lc=66212&list=ob

People are wearing tired of the excuses from Souths fans. You can gloat about a giant average all you like but the fact is WE generated that for you because the crowd was at minimum 50-50 on Good Friday.

We still managed 12k against a Gallen+Carney-less Cronulla on a MONDAY night... you barely cracked 10k WITH Inglis and Taylor there, one of the biggest packs going around, Merritt's there... what more do you need ffs?

Oh look, an Easts dickhead yappin about crowds. How many years in a row have we averaged more than the Roosters?

f**k I hope the SYD v CBY crowd on Monday is more than 10k, epic lol@50uff$ are on their way should it eventuate.

bobmar28

Bench
That crowd at ANZ last night reminds me of the movie The Odd Couple 2 when the guy at the baseball said the crowd is making a noise. His mate says crowd, what crowd? We could all go home in one car.

8 degree night? Never dropped below 12.1 degrees the whole game: http://www.weatherzone.com.au/station.jsp?lt=site&lc=66212&list=ob

People are wearing tired of the excuses from Souths fans. You can gloat about a giant average all you like but the fact is WE generated that for you because the crowd was at minimum 50-50 on Good Friday.

We still managed 12k against a Gallen+Carney-less Cronulla on a MONDAY night... you barely cracked 10k WITH Inglis and Taylor there, one of the biggest packs going around, Merritt's there... what more do you need ffs?

f**k I hope the SYD v CBY crowd on Monday is more than 10k, epic lol@50uff$ are on their way should it eventuate.

Why not compare apples with apples? The Rabbits drew 13,281 against Cronulla on a Monday night at Homebush. Two weeks later the Bulldogs drew 12,021 against Cronulla on a Monday night at Homebush. I don't think the absence of Josh Morris from the Bulldogs line-up would've affected the attendance very much. Gallen and Carney were out for Cronulla, but on a Monday night were Cronulla fans really expected to travel to Homebush? The Rabbits outdrew the Dogs in a directly comparable fixture.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So in your world an apples and apples comparison is what Easts draws against a top 8 Sydney team compared to what we draw against a crap out of town team?
Why not compare apples with apples? The Rabbits drew 13,281 against Cronulla on a Monday night at Homebush. Two weeks later the Bulldogs drew 12,021 against Cronulla on a Monday night at Homebush. I don't think the absence of Josh Morris from the Bulldogs line-up would've affected the attendance very much. Gallen and Carney were out for Cronulla, but on a Monday night were Cronulla fans really expected to travel to Homebush? The Rabbits outdrew the Dogs in a directly comparable fixture.
Uh oh. Someone used logic in response to Timmah. Timmahs head to explode in 3...2...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Comparable?

Dismissing Carney and Gallen's absence because it's a Monday night as if they wouldn't have inspired more fans to turn up for the opposition?

The Bulldogs form (5 losses from the previous 6, last start loss to Gold Coast) doesn't enter into it either?

Either way, Bulldogs draw the best crowds in Sydney, and have done for consecutive years now. Souths, despite their large membership, are notorious for not drawing a crowd unless they're playing us or Saints.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Either way, Bulldogs draw the best crowds in Sydney, and have done for consecutive years now. Souths, despite their large membership, are notorious for not drawing a crowd unless they're playing us or Saints.
Noone is arguing that.

Oh well, next week our members will help build your crowd to near 40k. You don't need to thank us, we'll be taking the 2 points as payment.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Comparable?

Dismissing Carney and Gallen's absence because it's a Monday night as if they wouldn't have inspired more fans to turn up for the opposition?

The Bulldogs form (5 losses from the previous 6, last start loss to Gold Coast) doesn't enter into it either?

So you argue that you had a few losses into that game to blame a drop off in crowds?
So what about our crap performances over years?

Of course you have the best Sydney crowds, and good on the club, but your continual bashing of our club is tiresome. We are in the top few in Sydney, so what about the others then?

It is Round 12, and we haven't even had a Sunday game. Let's see after that shall we?

Further, knocking us because our better crowds are between the big Sydney clubs? Who would have thought? A bit like when we play away against the Tigers?

Maybe we too should have a home game as a double header at Suncorp, because adding a 40k crowd of predominantly Broncos fans into our home gate numbers would work wonders.

dogslife

Coach
Monday nights should be the largest drawing nights for Souffs, it's not as if many of their supporters have to worry about going to work the next morning

Comparable?

Why would the absence of a Cronulla player discourage a Bulldogs fan from attending? If anything, it would improve your team's chances of winning and therefore giving you greater incentive to turn up. I'll remember to use that an excuse the next time the Tigers host an opposition missing a few players.

I never disputed that the Bulldogs were the highest drawing club in Sydney. You've held that mantle for the last four years. I was only pointing out the illogicality of your comparison between the Souths v Canberra crowd and the Bulldogs v Cronulla crowd.

BTW as a side point, have the Bulldogs managed any decent crowds against Canberra over the years apart from the 16k you drew last year? How about the Dragons? From memory the Tigers have had 4 x ~18k crowds against Canberra but the scheduling of the games at our traditional home venues has helped in that regard.

Red Bear

Referee
Comparable?

We've seen the drop off in Canterbury crowds when they start losing, how would they be if they'd been consistently shit for 20 years?

All im really seeing is another Timmah post that excuses a shit monday bulldogs crowd, that he'd be (attempting) to tear to shreds if it was the Roosters or the Rabbits.

docbrown

Coach
Bulldogs vs Souths next week

Anything under 30k would be disappointing
In reality they should be trying to push 40k...

Do the Rabbitohs fans actually know they're in 4th place now? When are they going to crawl out of the woodwork?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bulldogs vs Souths next week

Anything under 30k would be disappointing
In reality they should be trying to push 40k...

Do the Rabbitohs fans actually know they're in 4th place now? When are they going to crawl out of the woodwork?
We got 38k to the Souths-Dogs game earlier in the year. I reckon it'll be around there this time.

Seeing as Souths members get in for free the Rabbitoh army will be out in force.

Even I will be at the game.

Winning this match would go a long way to making round 16 against the Broncos be "the battle for 2nd place" because after the Dogs game we have 4 certain ponts (bye, eels).

Lots of Souths fans will be there next week to sing Glory Glory To South Sydney as all the Dogs fans have a cry and leave our house.

I estimate 37k.

ouwet

Bench
We've seen the drop off in Canterbury crowds when they start losing, how would they be if they'd been consistently shit for 20 years?

All im really seeing is another Timmah post that excuses a shit monday bulldogs crowd, that he'd be (attempting) to tear to shreds if it was the Roosters or the Rabbits.

Since 2008 we've made the final series ONCE... We've still averaged more then any other Sydney team!!! When Sydney teams average 20,000 a season, the supporters of those teams can start to bag the Bulldog crowds out, until then[-X

M2D2

Bench
This in a nutshell.

ouwet

Bench
We got 38k to the Souths-Dogs game earlier in the year. I reckon it'll be around there this time.

Seeing as Souths members get in for free the Rabbitoh army will be out in force.

Even I will be at the game.

Winning this match would go a long way to making round 16 against the Broncos be "the battle for 2nd place" because after the Dogs game we have 4 certain ponts (bye, eels).

Lots of Souths fans will be there next week to sing Glory Glory To South Sydney as all the Dogs fans have a cry and leave our house.

I estimate 37k.

Will South Sydney supporters turn out in the number Bulldog supporters turned out last time???

BunniesMan

Immortal
Will South Sydney supporters turn out in the number Bulldog supporters turned out last time???
Yes, that's why I predicted a similar crowd to the earlier game. Just in reverse proportions.

I reckon at the 1st Souths-Dogs game (I was there) it was 23k Souths fans, 15k Dogs fans.

15k Souths will come to the game on Saturday.

For going to the game I'd say our fixtures against the Dogs have become our #1 game in terms of importance, even ahead of Easts/Dragons/Tigers. Because unlike against those teams, being in the big stadium and with reciprocal member rights 30k+ is becoming the norm.
When Sydney teams average 20,000 a season, the supporters of those teams can start to bag the Bulldog crowds out, until then[-X
Noone is bagging Bulldogs crowds. Noone is arguing they are the best in sydney. We're bagging one particular Bulldogs fan for comparing apples and oranges and having a shit attitude towards other teams crowds.
:shock:

Don't tell too many people that, we still want others to go!
:lol:
I'll pay that. Even I lold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts