What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2D2

Bench
When Sydney teams average 20,000 a season, the supporters of those teams can start to bag the Bulldog crowds out, until then[-X
No. Get f**ked. Im not having a go at crowds. Im having a go at the douchebags here with an agenda having a go at an oppositions teams numbers and ignoring some bad numbers.
The blatant bias is laughable and so is the high expectation of certain crowds that has no logic or common sense behind it just so you can death ride clubs to make yourself seem smart.
so take your [-X and show it somebody who cares.

Why not compare apples with apples? The Rabbits drew 13,281 against Cronulla on a Monday night at Homebush. Two weeks later the Bulldogs drew 12,021 against Cronulla on a Monday night at Homebush. I don't think the absence of Josh Morris from the Bulldogs line-up would've affected the attendance very much. Gallen and Carney were out for Cronulla, but on a Monday night were Cronulla fans really expected to travel to Homebush? The Rabbits outdrew the Dogs in a directly comparable fixture.

LMAO Apples with apples ? :crazy:

Its widely noted that crowds take a dive the week before origin, considering our form and the absence of origin players then it's hardly an "apples with apples" scenario.

I do agree though Timmah is a knob. :)

Can I also add LOL@everyone who thought the Rabbitohs crowd would be anything special considering they were playing an understrength/under performing canberra outfit in very cold conditions.

Brutus

Referee
Yes, that's why I predicted a similar crowd to the earlier game. Just in reverse proportions.

I reckon at the 1st Souths-Dogs game (I was there) it was 23k Souths fans, 15k Dogs fans.

No there wasn't. More Dogs for sure.

What makes you think there was 38k at the game btw

BunniesMan

Immortal
No there wasn't. More Dogs for sure.

What makes you think there was 38k at the game btw
I thought the official crowd was 38k. I just had a look again and see that it was 35k. In that case it was 19k Souths and 16k Dogs.

There was more of us, I was there, I had a good look around, there was more of us.

Dogs Of War

Coach
No way the crowd for Dogs v Souths will be that big again in the return fixture. It was the Easter show. I think it's more likely around 25K.

Dogs Of War

Coach
On the topic of the Easter Show. Given the timeframe it's one, just having the one big event match seems like a waste. It would be a good time to have a double header as well on one of the other weekends, Dogs and Souths playing out of town teams that normally don't draw well. Make it a funday sunday! Not to mention it's a good opportunity to remind people how fun going to the footy can be, especially with a big crowd to increase the atmosphere. The other bonus is that your target market is at the show, families!

Brutus

Referee
I thought the official crowd was 38k. I just had a look again and see that it was 35k. In that case it was 19k Souths and 16k Dogs.

There was more of us, I was there, I had a good look around, there was more of us.

I was there and had a good look around too.

I remembered the crowd was 35k.

I would have thought - you being such a staunch Souths and rugby league man - would have remembered you team's biggest crowd of the year thus far.

Apey

Staff member
it was freezing, we're shit and we were playing the titans. surprised it wasn't lower tbh

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
without being negative just reporting the facts

Most famous team in RL one game in Sydney, local rival, - 12k
GWS no one knows them in a shitty showground - 11k

We either need to sign up their marketing team, or worry

Teddyboy

First Grade
Why the shit crowds and if it's blamed on SOO then should SOO be on a stand alone weekend instead trying to milk fans out of extra dosh to go out to the game at thye weekend as it doesn't seem to be working.

Must be shit being a Gold Coast fan and getting shit crowds both home and away plus the free ticket give away will make the AFL lot happy.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Maybe if the papers didnt have 3 straight days of 7 pages dedicated to a video refs decision, people would of known some games were on ???

You cant move origin from a Wednesday... but by Friday the media needs to get over it...

BunniesMan

Immortal
without being negative just reporting the facts

Most famous team in RL one game in Sydney, local rival, - 12k
GWS no one knows them in a shitty showground - 11k

We either need to sign up their marketing team, or worry
Well considering probably 10 times as many Essendon fans flew from Melbourne to come to the game than Parra fans drove from Parra to the Dragons game it's hardly an apples and apples comparison.

If it was GWS fans alone it wouldn't have hit 5 figures.

And you may think it's a "shitty showground" but Skoda Stadium is considered a very nice boutique stadium in AFL circles. I'd love a rectangle version of it in Redfern.

Last edited:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
On the topic of the Easter Show. Given the timeframe it's one, just having the one big event match seems like a waste. It would be a good time to have a double header as well on one of the other weekends, Dogs and Souths playing out of town teams that normally don't draw well. Make it a funday sunday! Not to mention it's a good opportunity to remind people how fun going to the footy can be, especially with a big crowd to increase the atmosphere. The other bonus is that your target market is at the show, families!

Now this is a good idea.

Frailty

First Grade
Well considering probably 10 times as many Essendon fans flew from Melbourne to come to the game than Parra fans drove from Parra to the Dragons game it's hardly an apples and apples comparison.

If it was GWS fans alone it wouldn't have hit 5 figures.

And you may think it's a "shitty showground" but Skoda Stadium is considered a very nice boutique stadium in AFL circles. I'd love a rectangle version of it in Redfern.

I live in Melbourne, and am saturated with AFL (and I am a casual follower) - no one gives a shit about GWS, let alone their ground. It's not a shit ground for AFL, but definitely was for NRL.

Besides this, 11,000 for the opening of a ground is pretty pathetic. Titans got 27k for their first game at Skilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts