What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

First Grade
Which was 60% bulldog fans that day!!! This should get at least 30k but a game like this should of been on Sunday arvo

BuffaloRules

Coach
Your best crowd of the year was against us at the SFS.

Stop sprouting bullshit.

I just cant understand how they could only get 10K last Friday night...

Was a fine ( although cold) night on the back of a sunny day... They are in great form coming off a few wins for the first time in ages...

What more do your fans want to get them to show up for a game that a lot of them have already paid for?

Ziggy the God

First Grade

Was a fine ( although cold) night on the back of a sunny day... They are in great form coming off a few wins for the first time in ages...

What more do your fans want to get them to show up for a game that a lot of them have already paid for?

It was a shiate crowd.
We never have a big crowd against the Raiders anyway.

Look at all of the other games this round, they also where not flash.

Let's see when we have our first Sunday game of the year.

Some teams have had 3 so far, and they usually are their best crowds of the year.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
All for the sake of an over hyped SOO.

Honestly i think it has come too that. Far too much attention and spotlight on it now to the detriment of the NRL.

Example, the SoO ticket advert is on about 500 times a day across multiple channels. How many times do we see adverts for say the game of the round on FTA? prime candidate being saturday night at ANZ

Anyway

Manly V Dragons 17k
Titans V Cowboys 16k
Canberra V Tigers 10k
Bulldogs V Souths 28k (wont match expectation)
Warriors V Storm 18k
Brisbane V Knights 26k (lol at the thoughts of a big crowd for this one)
Parra V Sharks 9k

Total = 124k
av = 17,714

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why wouldn't the Broncos get a bigger crowd? Fans and club crying out for Sunday footy, team running second in the comp, a likely big win on the cards... why wouldn't it crack 30, 35 possibly 40k?

The same could be said of the Tigers crowd on Sunday. I don't think the Rabbitohs should be singled out for criticism.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Forgot to say earlier that the australian cops methods in stadia are appalling. A bulldogs fan in the west stand last night was doing nothing wrong but going hard for his team, waving a jersey. And 2 coppers continuously pulled him up and told him to stop, i lip read last warning and your out. Absolutely ridiculous, aparantley a crime to show any passion at all here

user_nat

Coach
Why wouldn't the Broncos get a bigger crowd? Fans and club crying out for Sunday footy, team running second in the comp, a likely big win on the cards... why wouldn't it crack 30, 35 possibly 40k?

I'd agree, if it weren't for the forecast rain for every day up until Sunday (including Sunday itself).

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Crowd looks good for Broncos v Knights.. Should crack 30k, will be good considering 3 losses.
But weather forecast looks set to ruin the crowd.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Crowd looks good for Broncos v Knights.. Should crack 30k, will be good considering 3 losses.
But weather forecast looks set to ruin the crowd.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats hopeless. It should be 40K minimum every weekend never mind opposition, weather and form. What happened to the huge crowd (that never happens) for the long awaited sunday arvo game.

Ridiculous that the broncos only average at 60% capacity

Brutus

Referee
Just say Souths play the Dogs in an ANZ Stadium Prelim final.

More than the Dogs v Parra 74?

I reckon about the same.

All those Souths/White bunny car sticker people will be at the game.

Panfas

Juniors
Manly V Dragons 15k
Titans V Cowboys 17k
Canberra V Tigers 15k
Bulldogs V Souths 33k
Warriors V Storm 16k
Brisbane V Knights 34k
Parra V Sharks 14k

Average 20.5k

azza29

Juniors
Interesting stats on the back page of The Australian today. Of the 56,021 at Origin 1, breakup was as follows:
VIC - 44.1%
QLD - 24.5%
NSW - 21.9%
WA - 2.8%
ACT - 2.1%
SA - 1.8%
TAS - 1.6%
NT - 1.3%

Higher than I would have expected for the Victorians, and I would have thought NSW would have closer to a 25% share.

Still, despite our sport minister being something of a dodo, it looks like Victorians are quite happy to turn up (and cheer for Queensland). And 26,000 making the trip from interstate will solidify interest in making this a permanent fixture.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Interesting stats on the back page of The Australian today. Of the 56,021 at Origin 1, breakup was as follows:
VIC - 44.1%
QLD - 24.5%
NSW - 21.9%
WA - 2.8%
ACT - 2.1%
SA - 1.8%
TAS - 1.6%
NT - 1.3%

Higher than I would have expected for the Victorians, and I would have thought NSW would have closer to a 25% share.

Still, despite our sport minister being something of a dodo, it looks like Victorians are quite happy to turn up (and cheer for Queensland). And 26,000 making the trip from interstate will solidify interest in making this a permanent fixture.

This doesn’t take into account how many of those “Victorians” are NSW/QLD expats living in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.