What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
What we drew, and got critizised for, in the Canberra game is comparable to Manlys crowd against a much better drawing theam.

elbusto

Coach
One morning I am going to wake up, feel that life is no longer living read this thread and end it all. Get over it fellas. This is the worst thread of all time. Either you love the game or piss off.

nko11

Juniors
Awaiting on confirmation of sources, but have heard that just over 10,000 tickets have been sold for tomorrows Bulldogs Vs Rabbitohs game. This figure of course doesn't take into account both teams ticketed members who will be allowed entry. Estimate maybe 5k (hopefully more) Souths fans turn up, Bulldogs should bring around 10K. So looking at 25K+ at this point. Hopefully a decent walk-up (not holding my breath) and we might be looking at low to mid 30K... hopefully.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was pouring in many parts of Sydney on the way to tonight's game so I understand the low crowd. 11k isnt good though.

Struggling Titans still got more than Souffs last week though :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
It was pouring in many parts of Sydney on the way to tonight's game so I understand the low crowd. 11k isnt good though.

Maybe we should get creative with our numbers too because you like random numbers more than you like reality.

Big Sam

First Grade
Awaiting on confirmation of sources, but have heard that just over 10,000 tickets have been sold for tomorrows Bulldogs Vs Rabbitohs game. This figure of course doesn't take into account both teams ticketed members who will be allowed entry. Estimate maybe 5k (hopefully more) Souths fans turn up, Bulldogs should bring around 10K. So looking at 25K+ at this point. Hopefully a decent walk-up (not holding my breath) and we might be looking at low to mid 30K... hopefully.

I think/hope you're underdoing those figures. I expect 15k Dogs members and 10k of ours. Add that to the 10k sold separately and 35k should be a minimum.

I'll definitely be out there even if it's an 'away' fixture. I don't buy into this silly idea that you should not boost another Sydney club's average. We should be in competition with the AFL not one another.

No way was that over 10k. Reminded me of some of those Gold Coast A-League crowds in their first season when they were getting 5-7k.

nko11

Juniors
I think/hope you're underdoing those figures. I expect 15k Dogs members and 10k of ours. Add that to the 10k sold separately and 35k should be a minimum.

I'll definitely be out there even if it's an 'away' fixture. I don't buy into this silly idea that you should not boost another Sydney club's average. We should be in competition with the AFL not one another.

Given I was being a tad of a pessimist, but generally I've found Thats alot more accurate than being an optimist. upon further research, I have found the Dogs do have around 15K members (I thought was 11K). Hopefully 35K+, we can only hope!

doggzfan4lyf

Juniors
I love this game, I am a Canterbury fan, I Have been a member for the last 4 years even though I spent The beginning half of this year over in Europe, I also can not attend the game tonight because of work, BUT! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH RUGBY LEAGUE CROWDS????? it is disturbing me!
If the OTHER CODE can get 50k to a game between 2 top 8 teams down south, why can't two top 6 sydney teams atleast push 40k?? what is it going to take to get Sydney / Rugby league fans to attend games? ANZ is not that bad! I have been to atleast 50 games there since 2005 with 48 of those GA and I have no issue with the place and transport to and from.. One thing I do believe needs to be done, is free transport for ticket holders or season members to and from the game, Surely the ARL has this in mind? I am sorry if I seem like a D***head, but the whole crowd issue really bothers me now, in this day and age, 15k should be the minimum for every game, I Myself was let down by the dogs 12k crowd against Cronulla when I expected 15..
As fans, and probably the most dedicated to spend so much time on the forums, what does it take to get fans to attend games?.. crowds of 10, 11, 12k should not be accepted anymore!
I apologize for my rant

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I love this game, I am a Canterbury fan, I Have been a member for the last 4 years even though I spent The beginning half of this year over in Europe, I also can not attend the game tonight because of work, BUT! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH RUGBY LEAGUE CROWDS????? it is disturbing me!
If the OTHER CODE can get 50k to a game between 2 top 8 teams down south, why can't two top 6 sydney teams atleast push 40k?? what is it going to take to get Sydney / Rugby league fans to attend games? ANZ is not that bad! I have been to atleast 50 games there since 2005 with 48 of those GA and I have no issue with the place and transport to and from.. One thing I do believe needs to be done, is free transport for ticket holders or season members to and from the game, Surely the ARL has this in mind? I am sorry if I seem like a D***head, but the whole crowd issue really bothers me now, in this day and age, 15k should be the minimum for every game, I Myself was let down by the dogs 12k crowd against Cronulla when I expected 15..
As fans, and probably the most dedicated to spend so much time on the forums, what does it take to get fans to attend games?.. crowds of 10, 11, 12k should not be accepted anymore!
I apologize for my rant

Melbourne AFL fans are unbelievable to be honest. But in saying that ticket prices for them are great..

Snappy

Coach
Could it maybe be that league is so good to watch on TV ? AFL isn't as suited to TV due to the nature of the game.

Also in Broncos ticket holders get free public transport on game day, so it's not an ARL issue.

Jason Maher

Immortal
What we drew, and got critizised for, in the Canberra game is comparable to Manlys crowd against a much better drawing theam.

Your membership base is allegedly bigger than Brookvale's capacity. The criticism was about how few of your members bother to go to games, and how despite allegedly being the most supported team in Sydney, you continually get shit crowds to your homeless gamrs.

Looks like its about to pour down in sydney, I think thats going to deter some people from coming to the game tonight; which is sad really because it promises to be an epic match.

Anyways the Bulldogs supporters will turn up... we always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.