What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
Suncorp Stadium could have 150,000 seats for Game III and it would still sell-out.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Definitely - a mate of mine just won three tickets in 736.. (Cat 5 up the top behind posts towards corner) for $3,105 on eBay!

Queenslanders are doing anything to get they're hands on a ticket. There was one guy walking around Queen St mall yesterday, in a Maroon suit with a piece of cardboard saying "I will do anything for an Origin three ticket".

ouwet

Bench
With good weather the Dragons V Bulldogs game should sell out. The new capacity is around 22K i think.

Plenty of tickets still available... Well according to a Bulldogs email from two days ago. Friday night in Wollongong for a Dragons V Bulldogs match is crap!! Not to many people in Sydney will be able to make it in time after work and will have to forgo going (I'm one of them). Wish it was played at Kogarah:(. Oh well, still should hopefully by quite a few Bulldog supporters there :)

Brutus

Referee
Plenty of tickets still available... Well according to a Bulldogs email from two days ago. Friday night in Wollongong for a Dragons V Bulldogs match is crap!! Not to many people in Sydney will be able to make it in time after work and will have to forgo going (I'm one of them). Wish it was played at Kogarah:(. Oh well, still should hopefully by quite a few Bulldog supporters there :)

This is one match-up that should never see a suburban ground again.

It has the potential to attract 30-40k at ANZ Stadium and that's where it should be played. More people get a chance to attend hence the bigger numbers.

morley101

Juniors

A media release today saying there are 4000 seats left..

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-display/TICKETING-UPDATE--DRAGONS-V-BULLDOGS/57239

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
This is one match-up that should never see a suburban ground again.

It has the potential to attract 30-40k at ANZ Stadium and that's where it should be played. More people get a chance to attend hence the bigger numbers.

Like it did in Round 2? I'd rather 22K in Wollongong than 30K at ANZ.

Suitman

Post Whore
Like it did in Round 2? I'd rather 22K in Wollongong than 30K at ANZ.

That's a selfish opinion and rightly so. Suburban grounds offer a much better experience and atmosphere.
I just think it's backward thinking to deny any number of supporters a chance to watch a game.

Suity

cleary89

Coach
I think its selfish to suggest people of wollongong should have to travel to sydney to watch their team when it has no effect on you. Why not make newcastle do the same?

bazza

Immortal
How much complaining would their be if all Saints games at Kogarah were Sydney based teams and Wollongong got the rest?

Suitman

Post Whore
You said tonights game should be at anz.

Any game that is going to draw a bigger capacity than the original venue can hold should surely be held at the bigger venue. The Gong can still have their matches, just not the one's that will draw over 30000 or so. That's just plain dumb and we are just locking supporters out of games.

Suity

Brutus

Referee
Any game that is going to draw a bigger capacity than the original venue can hold should surely be held at the bigger venue. The Gong can still have their matches, just not the one's that will draw over 30000 or so. That's just plain dumb and we are just locking supporters out of games.

Suity

Agree.

Definitely not a sell-out at the Gong tonight, but that doesn't mean ANZ Stadium couldn't have attracted 30k plus.

There could have been around 10-12k more at this game tonight had it been at ANZ.

The Gong is great for RL - just not high profile Sydney derby games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts