What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clifferd

Coach
Worth mentioning that there is an event happening right next door at the win entertainment centre, Disney on ice I believe....not to mention the parking is shit enough around the area enough as it is.

Would of turned quite a few families off the football tonight

dgsfan

Juniors
haha good call. I guess their "fans" don't need reminding, but 15,000 to a finals match. Nuff said. Stop spending money on the Dragons.

DC_fan

Coach
16,928 at Win Stadium.

On paper it looks a reasonable crowd, But in reality it's just an average crowd.

It had the opening of a new stand, first game at Wollongong this season and Dean Young was playing his 200th game.

Should have been better.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Should have been at ANZ.

From what the ARLC has said, games like Dogs v Dragons won't be held at the Gong/Kogarah for much longer.

Teddyboy

First Grade
What is with the dragons building grand stands that no one sits in ??
Thats what I was thinking last year as 14000-18000 is the average to max crowd you are going to get at Illawarra.So who are the knuckle heads in charge who no there is a problem with crowds in the NRL yet want to build more seats.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Thats what I was thinking last year as 14000-18000 is the average to max crowd you are going to get at Illawarra.So who are the knuckle heads in charge who no there is a problem with crowds in the NRL yet want to build more seats.

There are only 2000 extra seats so it hardly makes a difference. Did you even see the old grandstand that was there beforehand? It was a 30 year old slab of crumbling concrete with terrible facilities. It desperately needed to be replaced.

Upgrading stadiums isn't just about increasing capacity.

Brutus

Referee
Narrowly beats the lowest ever Cowboys/Broncos game.

Looked better I thought.

Play it on a saturday night away from the origin period and you've got a sell-out at DFS.

The wollongong crowd was poor and the dragons cost themselves at least 14k through the gate by not playing the game at ANZ.

Amateur hour.

Wollongong and Kogarah have their place, but not for big sydney derbies.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
Also been to every saints game this year except cowboys (brisbane, newcastle on a thursday, penrith on a monday) so suck a fat one.

beave

Coach
Play it on a saturday night away from the origin period and you've got a sell-out at DFS.

The wollongong crowd was poor and the dragons cost themselves at least 14k through the gate by not playing the game at ANZ.

Amateur hour.

Wollongong and Kogarah have their place, but not for big sydney derbies.

exactly, whoever did the draw this year needs a punch in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts