What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO all stadiums should have a roof over the seated areas, atleast then the fans can watch a game high and dry. Who cares if the field is not covered?

Estimated to put one on ANZ for 165mill. SFS you would think be cheaper as the ground is smaller.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/a-decider-to-raise-the-roof/story-e6frfgbo-1226320692382

ANZ was built with the possibility of extending the current roof structure over the entire arena. The SFS was not. With the SFS the whole roof structure would need to be reconfigured and rebuilt, this would be much more than the $165M for the ANZ roof extension.

The roof structure would also need to be like Forsyth Barr in Dunedin so that the grass could grow.

There's a soon-to-be developed tract of land right next door to Central station that could be used.

Maybe the State Government could arrange some sort of land transfer deal for the SFS land instead.

Given that the stadium would be used by the Roosters, Waratahs, Sydney FC and other select RL matches you could build a purpose built 45,000 seat stadium with a roof and carpark. It's less than 200 metres to train and bus depots and the uni - mostly undercover - plus there's restaurants and pubs nearby.

Since you guys know so much about stadiums(I have no clue), is it possible to make ANZ rectangular ? if so how much would it cost ?

Just curious because Sydney does need a large rectangular stadium and the government don't look like they want to build anymore.

DC_fan

Coach
The weather is pretty poor in Penrith tonight so I am not surprised by the poor crowd. Really would be lucky to be 5,000 there tonight

seanoff

Juniors
Since you guys know so much about stadiums(I have no clue), is it possible to make ANZ rectangular ? if so how much would it cost ?

more than the AFL TV contract. you can't move the bulk of the seating without knocking it down and starting again. so basically a new stadium.

Just curious because Sydney does need a large rectangular stadium and the government don't look like they want to build anymore.

seriously the SFS is fine. it needs some tarting up but the structure is good.

seriously the SFS is fine. it needs some tarting up but the structure is good.

Well the reason Im saying this is because if we're going to continue playing at ANZ then it would be far better to have an 80k rectangular stadium than an bowl shaped stadium for atmosphere purposes.

I agree the SFS is fine for finals but not the big games.

sputneek

Juniors
Well the reason Im saying this is because if we're going to continue playing at ANZ then it would be far better to have an 80k rectangular stadium than an bowl shaped stadium for atmosphere purposes.

I agree the SFS is fine for finals but not the big games.

But the AFL will have a sook, no chance it will be converted.

user_nat

Coach
That's 75 people more than Penrith's worst effort from last year at least.

Average of 10.1k for the round. Not great..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 14 :: Jun 8-11
Friday 8 June
Storm 6 lost to Tigers 10 @ AAMI (Crowd:11,274), 7:30pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Saturday 9 June
Knights 16 lost to Raiders 32 @ Hunter (Crowd: 15,114), 7:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Sunday 10 June
Sharks 22 def Titans 12 @ Toyota (Crowd: 8,635), 2:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Roosters 22 lost to Broncos 40 @ Allianz (Crowd: 9,738), 3:00pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Monday 11 June
Panthers 16 lost to Warriors 24 @ Centrebet (Crowd: 5,778), 5:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
BYES: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles, Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, St George Illawarra Dragons,
North Queensland Cowboys, Parramatta Eels, South Sydney Rabbitohs

Crowd total Round 14: 50,539
Crowd average Round 14: 10,108

Crowd total 2012 (103 games): 1,694,557
Crowd average 2012: 16,452

Full draw/results/crowd stats thread: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=393936

the dude

Juniors
With good weather..

Dragons vs Bulldogs - 16k
Cowboys vs Broncos - 19k
Sharks vs Warriors - 13k
Eels vs Souths - 18k
Titans vs Panthers - 15k
Tigers vs Roosters - 19k
Manly vs Storm - 13k

RedVee

First Grade
The crowds at the SFS may not increase by as much as you think with a roof. Remember you still have to get in to the joint, plenty of opportunities to get drenched on the way onto there. Though a dry seat is an attractive thought!

Teddyboy

First Grade
The crowds at the SFS may not increase by as much as you think with a roof. Remember you still have to get in to the joint, plenty of opportunities to get drenched on the way onto there. Though a dry seat is an attractive thought!
Man up aussie will you...ever heard of a brolly.
Sydney Rugby League fans scared of rain.

Valheru

Coach

It doesn’t matter how much it costs, it wouldn’t happen.

Other sports are played there that utilise the round shape of the ground i.e. AFL and cricket. Whether you like or believe these sports should be played there is irrelevant as stadium management would want as many sports being played there as possible. There is also the possibility, however small, of future Olympic/commonwealth games commitments.

Suitman

Post Whore
I read somewhere earlier in the week that Stadium Oz has installed extra seats for tonights game in order to create a ground record crowd for the reconfigured stadium. I think it was about 400 extra seats or so, to take capacity to 84000.
Anyone know where these seats were installed?

Suity

Teddyboy

First Grade
I read somewhere earlier in the week that Stadium Oz has installed extra seats for tonights game in order to create a ground record crowd for the reconfigured stadium. I think it was about 400 extra seats or so, to take capacity to 84000.
Anyone know where these seats were installed?

Suity
Yeah they are installed at ANZ Stadium.

VictoryFC

Bench
The ARLC needs to at least think about suspending the league for 3 weeks. Not only does it hurt attendances after the matches, it hurts them leading up to the matches.

Oh well, it doesn't hurt that they'll be 84k and millions more on TV. Every cloud...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts