What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
a touch confused, they said there were 15k last year at perth and looked much emptier than last night when just under 16 was reported. They must have reported tickets sold last year me thinks

Last year they sold 21.5k tickets, reason it looked more was last year everyone was huddled under whatever shelter they could find. I've never seen the Shed end so packed, must have been 10k trying to get under that bit of roof. I thought 16k+ by HT so was surprised it was sub 16k. Still nice to break the RL ground record, wish we have more games to keep the momentum going now. Frustrating that we it all now dies down again until next Feb! Hopefully the announcement by the ARLC that Perth is getting a team in 2015 will bring plenty of attention for the game through the year.

undertaker

Coach
Almost 18k at Kogarah is a very good crowd.

Against Manly it's outstanding!

Agreed. Crowds at Kogarah and Leichhardt have been outstanding during the last few years. Saints next match at Kogarah vs Newcastle should also draw a strong crowd.

docbrown

Coach
Agreed. Crowds at Kogarah and Leichhardt have been outstanding during the last few years. Saints next match at Kogarah vs Newcastle should also draw a strong crowd.

I'm guessing that it's at Kogarah because the stadium issues but the Newcastle game should probably be at Wollongong.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Crowds as i expected today. Impressed by the Kogarah crowd, it seems that the Dragons have got a good thing going with consistently good crowds there.

Hopefully with an increase in league income, we can market the shit out of our marquee games to the level the afl has this past month. While pretty much everyone knows the weekly fixtures, too few are built up into an event like experience.

clarency

Juniors
Dragons are a decent team. 17k should be expected.

Your Raiders or your Eels (I would like to think) would score close to that attendance against a top draw side if they had the same consistent success the past x years.

bobmar28

Bench
I find that shit and sad.

Why? TV is where the money is coming from.

By the way does anyone else think 38k for the Swans/Giants is a poor crowd considering they gave away tickets and the Swans got 65k crowds a few years ago?

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Expecting a big turn out from the Dogs fans today. They are 3-0 and it is a great day in Sydney. 25k a chance IMO.

Brutus

Referee
Crowds as i expected today. Impressed by the Kogarah crowd, it seems that the Dragons have got a good thing going with consistently good crowds there.

17k is still average considering the Dragons are a good team and supposedly one of the better supported teams.

I'd love to see them sell the ground out.

Status
Not open for further replies.