What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Pre sales for Broncos v Dragons are horrible. I wouldn't expect many more than 35,000. Which sucks. Reds have done well to nick our bandwagoners, seems to be very little rock ups.

Mind you origin tickets came on sale last week, so that was all people were thinking of. And it sold in its usual crazy pace.

nko11

Juniors
Pre sales for Broncos v Dragons are horrible. I wouldn't expect many more than 35,000. Which sucks. Reds have done well to nick our bandwagoners, seems to be very little rock ups.

Mind you origin tickets came on sale last week, so that was all people were thinking of. And it sold in its usual crazy pace.

Where do you get this information exactly?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If you go onto ticketek and pretend to buy tickets, it will let you know which section it is offering tickets. For instance now 10 tickets in white are offering you section 511. This is the first bay of second tier white cat. It does say that Maroon is down to single seats. But really level 7 hasn't been released yet. Blue category is selling in 604, row 64 (4th row) and still has 638, 526 and 517 to sell. Then it will start upstairs.

Once you know the selling characteristics of ticketek its pretty easy to predict how the sales are going. The monday night of the broncos cows game they were selling white 717 which is the first white bay that goes for sale on level 7.

nko11

Juniors
If you go onto ticketek and pretend to buy tickets, it will let you know which section it is offering tickets. For instance now 10 tickets in white are offering you section 511. This is the first bay of second tier white cat. It does say that Maroon is down to single seats. But really level 7 hasn't been released yet. Blue category is selling in 604, row 64 (4th row) and still has 638, 526 and 517 to sell. Then it will start upstairs.

Once you know the selling characteristics of ticketek its pretty easy to predict how the sales are going. The monday night of the broncos cows game they were selling white 717 which is the first white bay that goes for sale on level 7.

Going from the official Broncos Twitter (I know twitter, but I think it's more reliable than Ticketek estimates)

"ticket sales for the Dragons are very strong. We advise getting on to http://ticketek.com.au now"

Source

Myself to them "hoping for another 40K+ crowd"

Their response "you will get your wish!"

Source

beave

Coach
Going from the official Broncos Twitter (I know twitter, but I think it's more reliable than Ticketek estimates)

"ticket sales for the Dragons are very strong. We advise getting on to http://ticketek.com.au now"

Source

Source

I say the same thing to the missus all the time

'look babe, I advise you to jump on this now because there are plenty of other birds that are willing to'...............:sarcasm:

Last edited:

the dude

Juniors
Wonder how Tigers-Souths will draw.

Hope to see a good Souths turnout, Tigers down on form might turn a few away.

Perth Red

Post Whore
well, if the Titans are reportedly paying $300k per home game, and basic adult tiz are $27 each, then they need between 11-12k adults paying that just to break even.

Crowd number below 11k will make it obvious that they're making losses on patronage, excluding signage revenue which is probably allocated over the 12 games.

your forgetting corporate boxes. Most boxes go for between $2-10,000 depending on size and catering package. When putting forward the case for nib redvelopment of East stand the clubs were saying that adding 40 boxes was the equivalent in value of adding 10,000 seats!

Perth Red

Post Whore
so what where the crowds for this round?

I do wonder if crowds are a fixation of RL fans alone? You never see S15 publishing their crowds or Aleague fans discussing crowd avg's?

docbrown

Coach

I do wonder if crowds are a fixation of RL fans alone? You never see S15 publishing their crowds or Aleague fans discussing crowd avg's?

It's probably a bigger fixation in Australia given what's going on here.

I guess you'd have to go to those sport's forums to find out. Bit hard to discuss S15 crowds when they tend to post figures with triple zeroes on the end or withhold them...

Goddo

Bench

go to four four two. The soccer nuts talk crowds all the time. They have a dedicated thread just like this one.

Union fans don't talk crowds as much because either 1) there aren't enough Union fans to get a discussion going or, 2) they know their official numbers of "about 40,000" are pure arse.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Source

Source

If you look back at the broncos cows game, I used ticketed estimates and said crowd won't be much bigger than 43,000. When you work out how the system works and how many seats each tier holds its pretty easy to form a rough calculation.

gutterfax

First Grade
Fri - SOU v BRI - Perth - 27 mostly sunny 20,000
Fri - PAR v PEN - Parra - 26 mostly sunny 17,000
Sat - WAR v GLD - Mt Smart - 22 partly sunny 15,000
Sat - STI v MAN - Kogarah - 21 sunny 14,500
Sat - NQL v CRO - Townsville - 31 late shower (90% chance of rain, 10-20mm) 12,000
Sun - MEL v SYD - AAMI - 21 possible shower 13,000
Sun - CBY v NEW - ANZ - 22 mostly sunny 23,000
Mon - WST v CAN - C'town - 24 sunny 13,500

130,000.....16,250!

10k out.....8%...not bad, unlike the crowds at the Eels and the Storm :sarcasm:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
PREDICTIONS
Round 5 (Heritage Round)
:: Mar 31-Apr 2

Friday
Broncos/Dragons @ Suncorp - 46,000
Storm/Knights @ AAMI Park - 17,000
Saturday
Panthers/Sharks @ Centrebet - 12,500
Roosters/Warriors @ Allianz - 11,000
Eels/Sea Eagles @ Parramatta - 12,000 (optimistic)
Sunday
Titans v Bulldogs @ Skilled - 15,600
Tigers v Rabbitohs @ Allianz - 21,000
Monday
Raiders v Cowboys @ Canberra - 13,000

Total 148,100, avg 18,512

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade

both used to when they had something to crow about ..

now S15 crowds of 10K in Melb & 12K in Canb... 14K in Sydney
have them a bit quiet n not so cocky

& as for A Leaguers .. you couldn't shut them up when they were at 14,600 a game
" we're nearly 2nd to the AFL..we're nearly 2nd to the AFL "

please :sarcasm:

I told em they're attendances would go through the floor
as they're comp is shite of the highest order

within 2 years they were at 8,700
;-)

Raiderdave

First Grade
Friday
Broncos/Dragons @ Suncorp - 45,000
Storm/Knights @ AAMI Park - 12,000
Saturday