What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanoff

Juniors
11000 free tix as well, if they dont get 20k... ill turn it up

"A separate The Courier Mail report regarding the club’s marketing strategies in relation to ticket sales for this Sunday’s match against the Bulldogs at Skilled Park is also factually incorrect.

The article claimed that 11,000 fans had been given free tickets for this weekend’s Titans vs Bulldogs match as a result of the iSelect Home Win Guarantee promotion at the club’s last home game against the Melbourne Storm.

However, the iSelect Home Win Guarantee was available to fans who purchased tickets in the general seating bowl to the Storm match and not the entire crowd as claimed in the story."

so only the ga people.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'd say there'll be over 40k but who knows how high.

They say origin 3 at Suncorp is sold out. Its not - still a handfull of single seats available. Any journalist or someone working in the news or journalism sector (Tallis) will fabricate.

Showers and heavy rain/ storms are developing around Brisbane as we speak, i think this could ruin the chance of 40k. Hopefully not. I think it will be 37-38k. Middle tier white still has 5 bays to sell out.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
In the Cowboys image - The grey means partially full bays. And the black means majority/ full. 600's were also meant to be highlighted black.

Currently the dragons game is far behind - the grey corners of the middle tier cat white arent sold but are part of the awesome foursome seating. So would probably be majority. Also i forgot to mark the Western stand 600's they are all sold except for 638, which hasnt been touched of yet.

The maroon 700's sell in a fashion of 721 - 722 - 720 - 723 - 719 - 724. The blue will sell 638, then 517, then 526 then up to 725 and blue unlicenced 718 will come on sale too. The white need to sell 507 - 536 - 515 - 528 - 516 - 527, then will start with 717 - 726 and then centre behind posts 709 - 710 - 711 - 708 - 712 and so on. Once you work out how ticketek disperse best available its pretty easy to compare crowds.

Attachments

• COWBOYS.jpg
    COWBOYS.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 12
  • sfx83611.jpg
    sfx83611.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 9

baldie

Juniors
for fug sake in 2 games the AFL has gotten the same amount of people as we did all of last round. The NRL needs to take action asap to get the crowds back to the game. Its embarrassing.

M2D2

Bench
AFL is always going to get more people. They subsidise children prices to ensure the whole family goes. The NRL/clubs/Stadiums Queensland charges an exorbitant price for kids/family so we are NEVER going to get the same amount of people.
They also mostly have WAY better prices for membership too.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
for fug sake in 2 games the AFL has gotten the same amount of people as we did all of last round. The NRL needs to take action asap to get the crowds back to the game. Its embarrassing.

Not sure what you mean by back. The crowds in the last few seasons have been the highest the code has ever had on average and cumulatively.

SLR you have access to all of this info but not the exact number of tickets sold? baffling. Not a dig just curious why

age.s

First Grade
That's ignoring the geographical nature of Melbourne. The entire city spreads out from the center unlike Sydney which only spreads west. Sporting facilities are much more accessible in Melbourne throughout the history of the sports.

This has been done to death though. The NRL will need to be light years ahead of the AFL in terms of interest before crowds catch up.

M2D2

Bench
That's ignoring the geographical nature of Melbourne. The entire city spreads out from the center unlike Sydney which only spreads west. Sporting facilities are much more accessible in Melbourne throughout the history of the sports.

*looks at map with a puzzled look on my face*

M2D2

Bench
Yeah, fair enough.
Melbourne got to be planned, Sydney being first never got that luxury.
Probably the only thing i like about Melbourne more than Sydney. Which is why i laughed at the "lose yourself in melbourne" ad campaign.
Its nearly impossible to get lost in Melbourne.
Ive lived in Sydney my entire life and can get lost if i walk down the wrong street.

age.s

First Grade
Sydney's geography means that the game can achieve something the AFL can't though. Clubs genuinely representing local communities. It's the game of the people here, something plastic transplanted AFL clubs never will be. That's something the "too many Sydney clubs" people don't take into account when they use a couple of bad crowds to try and change the way the sport is set up in this city.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade

Seriously do you think a trend that has been happening for 105 years is actually going to suddenly change this year do you.

Every single year since 1908 the AFL (VFL) has had much larger crowds than NRL (NSW, ARL etc)

Its obviously a cultural thing associated with aussie rules clubs, that they tend to be more inclusive and reliant on community support, this culture has been ingrained in generations of afl fans.

It has not been fostered into the rugby league culture until about 25 years ago, since 1987 to 2012 the crowds in RL have increased dramatically, thats what happens when you realising crowds are a revenue stream not a drain from your poker machine lounge.

The problem for AFL is although they double average NRL crowds they dont double the TV ratings... And in this day and age TV revenue is what drives all sport.

They are both TV games, thus the crowd numbers are becoming less relevant to the overall health of a game... as long as your crowds are not embarassing it doesn't really effect the tv rights price.

NRL just has to strive to get a 20k average, in suitable stadiums for that size crowd, and the game will look great on TV, and the cash will flow.

Most sports around the world get lower average crowds than AFL, is the Serie A or La liga worried about it... i think not

docbrown

Coach
NRL just has to strive to get a 20k average, in suitable stadiums for that size crowd, and the game will look great on TV, and the cash will flow.

Yep. That's all. First sell enough memberships to fill out the smaller suburban grounds and then look at hosting the larger derbies at bigger venues so that Sydney clubs can crack that 20k.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Whatever your opinion of each code, there is no denying that as a city Melbourne is so much better than Sydney in terms of street/highway layout, public transport etc.

We have a huge harbour in the middle of the city, while pretty to look at only adds to traffic and public transport problems. We're sandwiched between national parks and a mountain range. The geography of Sydney makes it so much harder to build a proper city. Victorias terrain is so much more like Americas.

Just go onto google maps and look at the major arterial roads in Sydney and Melbourne. In Melbourne they actually look properly designed with a purpose. Sydneys look like a toddler threw paint at a wall and where the paint went, we built roads.

So with those advantages in geography and infrastructure, Melbourne will always have it so much easier in bringing crowds to any public events.

Brisbane is like that too (to a degree), which is why Broncos crowds shit on anything any Sydney team produces.

I'm a deeply patriotic New South Welshman and Sydneysider, but in terms of design Melbourne and Brisbane shit on Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts