What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Whats the problem? Try $6mil worth of handouts per year and 4 premierships in 10 years and still only 11k per match

So?

That 6 million is not for the Storm to pay what they like for players, it's to grow the game in Victoria.

Why do you have a problem with that?

docbrown

Coach
I don't think bad form would affect us that much at all. The problem is we have that real hardcore group of fans who will go no matter what but we aren't getting enough casual fans through the gates.

As I said elsewhere the Roy Morgan polls indicate that 110,000 individual people attended Storm games in the last yearly survey period.

Given that they had 175,000 through the gate in that period they clearly haven't capitalised on multiple game attendances.

They only need to gain about a quarter of those people as season ticket members to rival Souths/Knights/Broncos/Dragons.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
You'll always get the haters. You and I both know what's been missing and now finally we have it.

Bloody oath.

These flatcappers have complained for years that RL doesn't get a fair go on TV, yet this is the main reason crowds don't turn up at games in non heartland states. Now they have the chance to see the games, they don't want to give them the chance.'

Typical RL thinking, The Aussie media has brainwashed them well.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Fair call. I just wonder how bad they would be doing if they finished in the bottom 4 a couple years running

Good point.

But while they are going the way they are, lets support them even if they are a bunch of cheating merkins stealing premierships off others?

I love the game and I love my team, if my team fails, I still want the game to prosper.

DIOGENES

Juniors
:crazy::crazy:All this expansion stuff has been a complete failure. Penriff and Cronulla have been in for 44 years now and are both embarresments. Let's get back to basics - 10 good Sydney teams will each average 50K - bring back Newtown and if we must expand let's bring back Glebe and Annandale.
While we are at it lets bring back the 3 yard rule with unlimited tackles and dummy half must pass.

docbrown

Coach
and if we must expand let's bring back Glebe

GLB_P_1908.gif

That kit is timeless.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
:crazy::crazy:All this expansion stuff has been a complete failure. Penriff and Cronulla have been in for 44 years now and are both embarresments. Let's get back to basics - 10 good Sydney teams will each average 50K - bring back Newtown and if we must expand let's bring back Glebe and Annandale.
While we are at it lets bring back the 3 yard rule with unlimited tackles and dummy half must pass.

Up the Dirty Reds :whistle

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade

Mate. I am certain you were dropped as a baby or the result of a brother sister inappropriate relationship.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol@50uff$ fans preaching to anyone about poor crowds. Your rabble has been around for a hundred years and you purport to having more members than anyone else but you barely average 15000 a year. That average is nothing to sneeze at but the way ''passionate' bunnies fans carry on you'd think youre scoring crowds like Man U or Barcelona.
I suppose you'd like it if we went back to the days pre expansion, you might be relevant again.

If we get 80-90% of games this year above 10000 it is a positive achievement. Next year the NRL should aim for no games to have a sub 10000 crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts