What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
35k?

that's amazing. i was at a wedding and saw nothing, but that is a huge crowd.

even with all of our lol@souffs and canterbury being merkins, that's excellent.

whatever was done, do it again.

let's have easter 4 times a year!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Myself and others have mentioned it a few times tonight. Souths v Bulldogs just has to become an annual Easter Friday tradition to take maximum advantage of Easter show crowds. It's the perfect storm for getting an annual blockbuster crowd in the early part of the season.

docbrown

Coach
So is that site that I have put the link on making the figures up? It seems the only site I can find that keeps a week by week table every season across all channels.

It's run by an AFL nutter.

Unfortunately because of simulcasting you're not going to get a 100% clear picture of what the audience in Melbourne is in 2012.

But if you want a shock check out the averages for 2011

Friday Night NRL in Sydney (first game) - 426,840 average
Friday Night AFL in Melbourne - 411,000 average

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
It's run by an AFL nutter.

Unfortunately because of simulcasting you're not going to get a 100% clear picture of what the audience in Melbourne is in 2012.

But if you want to a shock check out the averages for 2011

Friday Night NRL in Sydney (first game) - 426,840 average
Friday Night AFL in Melbourne - 411,000 average

But but but he knows all about the ratings because he goes to BeAussies site.

:lol::lol::lol:

docbrown

Coach
But but but he knows all about the ratings because he goes to BeAussies site.

:lol::lol::lol:

If/when both Friday night games are shown live on a main & digital next year, imagine a scenario where (not saying I want to move this particular game) but imagine if -

Rabbitohs v Bulldogs was on Ten
Tigers v Broncos was on One
both games live and broadcast from 7:20pm onwards

What do you think Rabbitohs+Bulldogs+Tigers combined will rate in Sydney ;-)

azza29

Juniors
35k?

that's amazing. i was at a wedding and saw nothing, but that is a huge crowd.

35k is not a huge crowd. Pies v Bombers on Anzac Day, there will be 90k there easy. That is a huge crowd.

IMO league is a more entertaining game (live or on TV) than AFL, but clearly the commission have some work to do on the attendance side of things.

the dude

Juniors
Awesome, awesome game.. Great crowd too.

I've said before - probably been to 90% of souths-dogs game over the past 5 years, never once had an issue with the crowd.

Souths fans definitely did not have a 'poor' turnout.. Of the 35k I would estimate roughly 15-16k souths and 17-18k dogs.

Jono1987

Juniors
Forget Bulldogs and Souths on Good Friday. If you want 40k+ put the Bulldogs and Dragons on at 4pm. You will easily get that and most likely more.

the dude

Juniors
Forget Bulldogs and Souths on Good Friday. If you want 40k+ put the Bulldogs and Dragons on at 4pm. You will easily get that and most likely more.

:roll:

you give us 1 year of successful footy and our crowds will sky rocket.. A lot of you don't seem to account for the fact that we've had ONE decent season since 1990. And by decent I mean coming 7th and getting knocked out first week.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wrong like usual.

To take maximum advantage of Easter Friday it has to be the ANZ stadium teams playing each other. Because you get both sets of fans in for free as well as the crowds from the Show.

Souths v Bulldogs has to become an annual tradition on Easter Friday.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Sure league gets good TV audiences, but until Sydney's NRL crowds can come close to AFL attendances in Melbourne it won't be considered the #1 sport in the country.

Rubbish. You do not measure the success and popularity of a sport by crowd figures. While big crowds are nice we don't need to be posting 50K crowds every week to be considered #1.

fanatique

Juniors
The Bunnies VS Dogs attendance reveals the reality that an up and running top 4 Bulldogs are the biggest draw in Sydney.

Raiderdave

First Grade
the ANZ crowd was OK ... about what should have turned up given the fine weather & it being a holiday n all

lets hope it continues with Shark Park's gates having to be closed tonite
& Hunter Stadium getting another monster crowd tomorrow

we won't be too far off 2011 attendances's after 6 rounds & should over take last year in the coming weeks.

Red Bear

Referee
35k is not a huge crowd. Pies v Bombers on Anzac Day, there will be 90k there easy. That is a huge crowd.
Comparing apples and oranges there. Biggest South Sydney home crowd in history says large crowd to me.

Rubbish. You do not measure the success and popularity of a sport by crowd figures. While big crowds are nice we don't need to be posting 50K crowds every week to be considered #1.
I think attendance plays a part in assesing the popularity of a sport

bobmar28

Bench

What we need to avoid is images of empty stadiums on TV. Yesterdays crowd looked great.

fanatique

Juniors
Comparing apples and oranges there. Biggest South Sydney home crowd in history says large crowd to me.

I think attendance plays a part in assesing the popularity of a sport

Every pro sports league in the world regards attendance as vital. Fans worldwide think the same measuring their teams pulling power at the gate.

We get defensive about this reality because of the unflattering comparison with AFL but personally I don't care about AFL attendances at all. ( they do spectacularly well and good luck to them ) I want to see an average of 20,000 attending Sydney based NRL games. A challenging but realisable goal. Having the Dogs up and running is a huge help to boosting attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts