What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liddell

Juniors
Solid but unspectacular crowd. Unlike Souths we didn't have the benefit of being in such good form but it was good to get that win on the board.

Hoping for 25k minimum Friday week vs Eels.

So the fact we're leading the comp is the reason we doubled what you guys got?

Pretty poor turnout for a Sunday arvo game. It's not as if there was any other footy to watch yesterday either.

Billythekid

First Grade
So the fact we're leading the comp is the reason we doubled what you guys got?

Pretty poor turnout for a Sunday arvo game. It's not as if there was any other footy to watch yesterday either.

Souths vs storm was 1v2 and we were both essentially full strength. Yesterday was a team outside the 8 facing the 3rd place side missing their 4 best players. Not quite the same.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Yep, lets look at crowds for teams vs the Storm when they are missing the big three

2012 v Tigers. 11,274 (leichhardt)
2011 v Roosters 9,843 (In Melbourne)
2010 v Roosters 10,449 (In Melbourne)
2009 v Tigers 10417 (in melbourne)
2008 v Parra 12597 (Parra Stadium)
2007 v Warriors 6209 (in NZ)
2006 v Manly 9,338 (Brookie)

Really says that even in Melbourne they don't want to watch the Storm play without the big 3, and neither does anybody else.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bagging the Dogs crowd last weekend is silly. As silly as putting most of our crowds down.

Dogs did fine.

Bigger problem is Parra v Penrith. Terrible look for the game.

Liddell

Juniors
Bagging the Dogs crowd last weekend is silly. As silly as putting most of our crowds down.

Dogs did fine.

Bigger problem is Parra v Penrith. Terrible look for the game.

So we should be happy with 16k on a Sunday arvo with no other NRL games on? Pretty sure there were $20 family passes on offer too.

If it were Souths or Roosters to pull a crowd like that, we'd be reading how Roosters have no fans or Souths are faking their memberships.

Billythekid

First Grade
Yep, lets look at crowds for teams vs the Storm when they are missing the big three

2012 v Tigers. 11,274 (leichhardt)
2011 v Roosters 9,843 (In Melbourne)
2010 v Roosters 10,449 (In Melbourne)
2009 v Tigers 10417 (in melbourne)
2008 v Parra 12597 (Parra Stadium)
2007 v Warriors 6209 (in NZ)
2006 v Manly 9,338 (Brookie)

Really says that even in Melbourne they don't want to watch the Storm play without the big 3, and neither does anybody else.

And why would they? It's like more than half of our salary cap or something so it's not really worth watching.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought yesterday's crowd at ANZ was surprisingly higher than normal, considering they dont play too many Bulldogs/Storm games at ANZ, in the past theyve taken them to Mackay, Adelaide or Gosford.

And it wouldve probably been a bigger crowd had both sides had their full quota of players.

Just with the Parra/Penrith crowd, not making a big excuse for this, but do you reckon the change of timeslot prevented a bigger crowd?

I mean it was the only Saturday night game, usually they play these games at 7.30 and I only found out a few weeks ago they changed the timeslot to suit a younger audience, but I dont think this game got much of a mention in the papers or TV, considering it is a local derby. Who knows maybe the crowd wouldve got around 10,000 or more.

BunniesMan

Immortal
We could drop below 16k average after this round. Not good. Beating last year will be tough.
So we should be happy with 16k on a Sunday arvo with no other NRL games on? Pretty sure there were $20 family passes on offer too.

If it were Souths or Roosters to pull a crowd like that, we'd be reading how Roosters have no fans or Souths are faking their memberships.
I'm sure we would have copped plenty, and it would have been just as wrong.

16k against a very ordinary team(and that is what they are without the big 3) is fine.

Two heartland rivals getting the crowd they did is far from fine.
Doesn't alter the simple fact that your crowds are shit.
They're not. We'll have 2 consecutive seasons as the 2nd biggest crowds in Sydney. If ours are shit most teams crowds are shit.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Just with the Parra/Penrith crowd, not making a big excuse for this, but do you reckon the change of timeslot prevented a bigger crowd?

I mean it was the only Saturday night game, usually they play these games at 7.30 and I only found out a few weeks ago they changed the timeslot to suit a younger audience, but I dont think this game got much of a mention in the papers or TV, considering it is a local derby. Who knows maybe the crowd wouldve got around 10,000 or more.

Personally, I was glad with the time change. It was bloody cold by 7:30. 9:30 would have sucked.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
What is everyone's predictions for Roosters v Sharks based on good weather? Two in form Sydney teams.

fanatique

Juniors
Doesn't alter the simple fact that your crowds are shit.

Whilst yours are.....? What? Wonderful? Collingwood and Richmond trembling with fear at being outdrawn this weekend? I doubt it. Your crowds are shit mate so back off the Bunnies and go to a game. Maybe you'll help close the gap.

Danish

Referee
Who knows really. Depends a lot on the weather as always, but the club is offering some good ticketing deals to this one so hopefully that brings a crowd in. The sharks are travelling well so you'd expect them to bring some decent numbers as well.

We got 19k vs the Storm on a saturday night earlier in the year. We should be aiming to beat that.

beave

Coach
Wtf do you expect though, i didnt even go tonight because ive had an absolute gutful of this merkin of a club. The people of NQ have had enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.