What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
From the outset of its (re)introduction in 2007, we've been told that MNF doesn't work in NQ.

Why does the NRL persist in having matches there on Mondays?
Because very few teams like MNF. It's an inconvenience for almost everyone.

Do you think we like playing a marquee team in the Dragons on a Monday night when we could have twice as many come to a game in a better slot.

It's a burden all clubs have and it wouldn't be fair for any team to be given an exemption from a crappy timeslot.

And most importantly, the NRL isn't "persisting" in having matches there on Mondays. Its not upto the NRL. The 3rd best game of each round is played on Monday night and its upto Fox.

Big Sam

First Grade
But the Cows' situation is different because a lot of their supporters live far away from Townsville - hence the appeal of Saturday night matches as it ensures ample travel time.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Whilst yours are.....? What? Wonderful? Collingwood and Richmond trembling with fear at being outdrawn this weekend? I doubt it. Your crowds are shit mate so back off the Bunnies and go to a game. Maybe you'll help close the gap.

Our home crowds are shit. How is that in any way relevant to whether or not souffs home crowds are shit (which they are)?

Perhaps you should take note of my location. I've been to every Dragons game in SEQ since 2003, except the 2011 semi, where I had a ticket but couldn't get out of work (and didn't want an awol on my records). I don't have the funds nor the permission of she who has my balls in her purse to travel interstate to watch them.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
No, you don't get it. Memberships do not equal season tickets.

Only if you’re souffs.

Every other club manages an average suitable to their membership numbers.

What is everyone's predictions for Roosters v Sharks based on good weather? Two in form Sydney teams

Well we are up against Man United. Obviously souffs are the most supported club in the known universe but Man U aren’t far behind.

Still, we are in form and so are the sharks so I would hope for 18k but I reckon 16k will be closer to the mark.

The real question is will we outdraw souffs against one of their traditional rivals. Given their membership base and how good they are going surely that wont happen?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Surely the nrl has to put some sensible restrictions for tv networks around MNF next year
Simple things like no team can feature on mnf 3 times or more etc

They have rules around preventing networks from choosing a team on fnf after a Mnf

So why not other rules ?

the dude

Juniors

Only if you?re souffs.

Every other club manages an average suitable to their membership numbers.

Well we are up against Man United. Obviously souffs are the most supported club in the known universe but Man U aren?t far behind.

Still, we are in form and so are the sharks so I would hope for 18k but I reckon 16k will be closer to the mark.

The real question is will we outdraw souffs against one of their traditional rivals. Given their membership base and how good they are going surely that wont happen?

You're the only genius on this forum who responds to "what will the crowd be for roosters vs sharks" by mentioning souths in your opening sentence. Get off our dicks

the dude

Juniors
Our home crowds are shit. How is that in any way relevant to whether or not souffs home crowds are shit (which they are)?

Perhaps you should take note of my location. I've been to every Dragons game in SEQ since 2003, except the 2011 semi, where I had a ticket but couldn't get out of work (and didn't want an awol on my records). I don't have the funds nor the permission of she who has my balls in her purse to travel interstate to watch them.

Mate, your shitty merged excuse for a club has never averaged 18k in it's history - and you're bagging Souths.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh, but wait, we have 27k members... omggg kick us out of the comp!!!

leagueunlimited = the only forum where the IQ of the average poster allows them to believe that 15k members and 15k attendance >> 27k members and 18k attendance

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Wonder who has the highest average crowd on a Monday night?

And I know off top of my head it was the Roosters back in 1996 that pulled a crowd over 35,000 on a Monday night, that could be a record for a single game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So we should be happy with 16k on a Sunday arvo with no other NRL games on? Pretty sure there were $20 family passes on offer too.

If it were Souths or Roosters to pull a crowd like that, we'd be reading how Roosters have no fans or Souths are faking their memberships.

Are you f**king dopey?

Kids go for players, not just clubs.

When you pull Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk, Ryan Hoffman, Gareth Widdop, Josh Morris, Sam Kasiano and Frank Pritchard from a game, you're gonna end up with people not as interested.

The issue is with Origin scheduling, not whether Canterbury can draw a crowd or not.

As has been said, Parra v Penrith getting sub-10k is a bigger worry.

the dude

Juniors
He's a souffs fan. Their shit IQ matches their shit crowds.

Again, your team has never in history had an average crowd larger than ours is this season. And this includes a grand final win and a minor premiership AND multiple finals appearances in that time.

So, who's crowds are shit?

Jason Maher

Immortal
Stop deflecting you imbecile. We're not discussing Saints crowds (which are shit, as you'll find I've admitted several times), but souffs crowds. You have an 80k stadium to play with (a soulless stadium, but the numbers are what is relevant to the present argument). You showed against Melbourne (a team with very low travelling support) that you can take advantage of your home ground and draw a very good crowd that reflects your team's claimed massive supporter base and biggest membership base in Sydney by quite a margin. You can also pull a good crowd when taking your games on the road. I'm raising the very valid point: why aren't you drawing 20k regularly, and 25k+ against a traditional rival like the Tigpies? A team with as many fans as yours and leading the comp comfortably as you are shouldn't be satisfied with that Melbourne crowd as a one-off.

Now, since you want to discuss my team as well (a separate issue), I'll lay it out for you. Our crowds are pathetic. A team with as large a fan base as ours allegedly is should regularly sell out our 20k stadiums, and be averaging 15k+ without the assistance of the ANZAC match. We can't use your trick of relocating to a larger stadium because of the emotional attachment of the Saints fans to Kogarah and the Illawarra fans to the 'Gong (pretty much the only tangible thing we have in this joint venture). Our fans simply won't accept playing anywhere other than our traditional homes. In the absence of our stadiums being expanded to 25k+ capacities (incredibly unlikely), our only realistic goal is regular 20k sellouts. If it doesn't happen next time we are on the up, questions should be asked.

RLNY

Juniors
Stop deflecting you imbecile. We're not discussing Saints crowds (which are shit, as you'll find I've admitted several times), but souffs crowds. You have an 80k stadium to play with (a soulless stadium, but the numbers are what is relevant to the present argument). You showed against Melbourne (a team with very low travelling support) that you can take advantage of your home ground and draw a very good crowd that reflects your team's claimed massive supporter base and biggest membership base in Sydney by quite a margin. You can also pull a good crowd when taking your games on the road. I'm raising the very valid point: why aren't you drawing 20k regularly, and 25k+ against a traditional rival like the Tigpies? A team with as many fans as yours and leading the comp comfortably as you are shouldn't be satisfied with that Melbourne crowd as a one-off.

Now, since you want to discuss my team as well (a separate issue), I'll lay it out for you. Our crowds are pathetic. A team with as large a fan base as ours allegedly is should regularly sell out our 20k stadiums, and be averaging 15k+ without the assistance of the ANZAC match. We can't use your trick of relocating to a larger stadium because of the emotional attachment of the Saints fans to Kogarah and the Illawarra fans to the 'Gong (pretty much the only tangible thing we have in this joint venture). Our fans simply won't accept playing anywhere other than our traditional homes. In the absence of our stadiums being expanded to 25k+ capacities (incredibly unlikely), our only realistic goal is regular 20k sellouts. If it doesn't happen next time we are on the up, questions should be asked.

How about we interrupt our lol@souffs (and Lol@dragons) session for a second. Ok, how about every year the Dragons don't host the ANZAC match, the Dragons host the Dogs at SFS on the Queens Birthday (with Origin I a week or two after that)? So the makeup of games every year would be 6 at the 'Gong, 5 at Kogarah, and 1 at SFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.