What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Fixed schedule....

So true.

I just hope we can win a few, because in 2010 when we were on the cusp of the finals we had a 38.1k v Parra and 38.8k v Canberra.

With certain must wins against Dragons (Sunday) and Bulldogs (Thursday night? Fu*k you NRL) , if we are still in with a chance big crowds could show with due build up.

DC_fan

Coach
This whole thread is embarrassing.
188 pages of weak excuses for even weaker crowds. Hopefully threads like this wont be necessary in the future. I cant imagine a thread like this on a AFL forum.

League fans, unlike AFL fans like to discuss a wide and varying range of topics

elbusto

Coach
AFL fans do not have much to discuss. No SOO, no Test matches. No International Profile at all.

Must be dull.

big hit!

Bench
League fans, unlike AFL fans like to discuss a wide and varying range of topics

i know you're trying to score points against an AFL sympathiser.

but f**k me, the analysis of issues by media and supporters of the AFL shits on that in the NRL by a great height.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This whole thread is embarrassing.
188 pages of weak excuses for even weaker crowds. Hopefully threads like this wont be necessary in the future. I cant imagine a thread like this on a AFL forum.

OMG - PEOPLE DISCUSSING NRL CROWDS ON AN NRL FORUM!

SOMEONE STOP THE PRESSES!

Take a walk buddy.

TheFrog

Coach
The Swans used to get 7,000 to the SCG when they were running last in the early 90's.

People won't pay to watch their team get flogged. Penrith supporters don't travel on mass. I thought of going to this game but the parking at Parramatta is shite.

This would have drawn double this crowd at Penrith on Sunday afternoon.

big hit!

Bench
That's a great crowed IMO

the overwhelming objective is to have the house full sign up at Penrith & Parramatta for regional games such as this, no matter what the win-loss is of the participating teams is.

what the NRL continually fails to do is market its games/product as must attend events. regional derbies in a professional league in a metropolitan of 5m should be able to fill a 20k stadium no matter what.

in the overarching chase for TV $$$, the NRL has bred a general apathy into its following. too many rounds, a schedule tailored for television and the benefit of the networks rather than the attending fans, the focus on state games during an 2 month period amongst other things all have the effect of devaluing the club competition.

Western_Eel

Juniors
I think even if it was a sunday arvo and they were giving away tickets the game wouldn't have been sold out, (Eels supporters have had a gut full)

M2D2

Bench
I really REALLY am sick of tired or people stating no excuses when in fact there are many reasonable ones just because you want to point the fingers at other clubs because reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts