What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
At VOR - Are you going on Monday night?

I spoke to one of the girls from Ticketek whom I worked with and she said that they have sold over 4000 tickets to origin one from the Myer Centre store alone.

I wonder how many people will be flying down on the Monday (Like me) - unfortunately.

At VOR - Are you going on Monday night?

I spoke to one of the girls from Ticketek whom I worked with and she said that they have sold over 4000 tickets to origin one from the Myer Centre store alone.

I wonder how many people will be flying down on the Monday (Like me) - unfortunately.

I'll be there on Monday night but logistics mean that Mrs VOR won't. Might rope someone in from work, other wise I will spread out a bit and enjoy an extra Gold all by myself. That said, I have a very big Monday (not at work!) that might mean I am tired and emotional come kickoff.

Looking forward to it.

Wish I was going down for Origin myself, but sadly.... not to be.

35k is still possible. The Warriors have a massive fan base in the greater Brisbane region. There is also a 2 for 1 offer available. Buy a ticket to the Broncos vs. Warriors game and get a ticket for the Broncos vs. Tigers game on Monday June 17th for free.

It would be an outstanding Monday night crowd if they pulled that, but I doubt it.

That said there has been some great promotion. There's nothing more pleasing than walking down the escalator at Roma St to see a massive Broncos/Warriors poster. There are others along George Street.

On this topic, what do you guys think of the cross promotion that Broncos/Lions/Reds/Maroons/Wallabies have been doing to sell tickets across the board in Brisbane over the next few weeks? I think it is a good idea, even if only because it means there is yet ANOTHER poster of Thaiday outside the Gabba. :)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'll be there on Monday night but logistics mean that Mrs VOR won't. Might rope someone in from work, other wise I will spread out a bit and enjoy an extra Gold all by myself. That said, I have a very big Monday (not at work!) that might mean I am tired and emotional come kickoff.

Looking forward to it.

Wish I was going down for Origin myself, but sadly.... not to be.

I snuck in 301 when heaps didnt show for the rainy broncos game. Oh the quality of Suncorp gold..

fanatique

Juniors
Yeah it's sold out but looks bad on Rugby League if there pinnacle of the game can not sell out yet Soccer will.

Not really. Fact is big time soccer is Hollywood. For instance Real Madrid could play Manchester United in a meaningless friendly in either Sydney or melbourne and ticket demand would be greater than for any NRL/AFL playoff.

Sad but true and true worldwide. They would outdraw the NFL Giants in NYC or the MLB Cubs in Chicago. Between them they have over 70,000,000 facebook fans. As I say its Hollywood and does not compare to other sports. Comparing NRL to Big time global soccer franchise brands in pointless.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Not really. Fact is big time soccer is Hollywood. For instance Real Madrid could play Manchester United in a meaningless friendly in either Sydney or melbourne and ticket demand would be greater than for any NRL/AFL playoff.

Sad but true and true worldwide. They would outdraw the NFL Giants in NYC or the MLB Cubs in Chicago. Between them they have over 70,000,000 facebook fans. As I say its Hollywood and does not compare to other sports. Comparing NRL to Big time global soccer franchise brands in pointless.

Agree completely.

New Meadowlands (MetLife) Stadium (New York) held an Argentina vs Brazil friendly last year - and they had to ballot 80,000 tickets from something ridiculous like 8million entries.

It does depend on the club though. For instance the big four touring Australia (Liverpool, ManU, Chelsea and Arsenal) would have huge demand. Along with a few other euro clubs (Bayern, Burissa, Inter, Barca, Real).

Even though LA Galaxy and Beckham sold out ANZ - Everton v roar got 19k. And Celtic v Roar got 31k (even though we have a massive Irish population in Brisbane)

fanatique

Juniors
Agree completely.

New Meadowlands (MetLife) Stadium (New York) held an Argentina vs Brazil friendly last year - and they had to ballot 80,000 tickets from something ridiculous like 8million entries.

It does depend on the club though. For instance the big four touring Australia (Liverpool, ManU, Chelsea and Arsenal) would have huge demand. Along with a few other euro clubs (Bayern, Burissa, Inter, Barca, Real).

Even though LA Galaxy and Beckham sold out ANZ - Everton v roar got 19k. And Celtic v Roar got 31k (even though we have a massive Irish population in Brisbane)

It absolutely depends on the club. There is an elite of 6 or 8 global franchise brands with facebook likes ( a way of measuring global appeal ) numbering in the tens of millions which are instant sell outs anywhere...Man United, Real madrid and Barcelona the Big 3. Most if not all of these and certainly the Big 3 instantly become the biggest drawcard in any city they play in globally.

This is just a fact. The LA Lakers are probably the only non soccer brand to carry anything like the same instant star appeal globally and they would instantly sell out a run of games in Sydney against any opposition.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It absolutely depends on the club. There is an elite of 6 or 8 global franchise brands with facebook likes ( a way of measuring global appeal ) numbering in the tens of millions which are instant sell outs anywhere...Man United, Real madrid and Barcelona the Big 3 with Juve, Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern and arguably Inter, PSG and Dortmund following as a big 12. Most if not all of these and certainly the Big 3 instantly become the biggest drawcard in any city they play in globally.

This is just a fact. The LA Lakers are probably the only non soccer brand to carry anything like the same instant star appeal globally and they would instantly sell out a run of games in Sydney against any opposition.

I agree with you.

Except with basketball - although they have half as many FB fans as LA(16m), Chicago Bulls and Miami heat(8m) would be a massive drawcard.

fanatique

Juniors
I agree with you.

Except with basketball - although they have half as many FB fans as LA(16m), Chicago Bulls and Miami heat(8m) would be a massive drawcard.

Yes the Jordan magic still hovers over the Bulls and they are guaranteed box office. Miami as well though whether the "brand" will survive the end of the Lebron/Wade pairing remains to be seen but as it is.....instant box office.

Imagine Lakers V Heat in Sydney. What price a ticket? many hundreds of dollari.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yes the Jordan magic still hovers over the Bulls and they are guaranteed box office. Miami as well though whether the "brand" will survive the end of the Lebron/Wade pairing remains to be seen but as it is.....instant box office.

Imagine Lakers V Heat in Sydney. What price a ticket? many hundreds of dollari.

Hahaha yeah!

Aren't those "hollywood" tickets where you're on the court literally $2000? And yeah I agree about Miami.. Kind of feels a bit on the outer.

Hypothetically speaking imagine a Juventis v Inter Milan friendly at the MCG - obviously would be the most random friendly ever - but Melbourne would sell it out with actual home grown fans!!

Just like the platinum tickets for the British Lions v Wallabies are $295(Suncorp) a pop - absolutely outrageous considering at all stadiums this category is in the upper tier aswell.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Agree completely.

I went to the Celtic vs Roar game. By the by, Celtic are a Scottish team (originally a team of Irish immigrants, hence the colours).

thorson1987

Coach
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Denver Broncos v San Diego Charger game sell out the ANZ Stadium in the old configuration years ago.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Yeah my mistake... Arent they still heavily popular throughout Ireland?

In the republic yes, in northern Ireland it depends on your community background. In general protestant = Rangers, catholic = Celtic

Fantastic weather today which makes me hopeful for 20k plus tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts