What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Crappy weather, crappy crowd on the Coast.

EyeTVSnapshot%5B1%5D.jpg

See how the lower part of each sideline section is empty?

This is because the titans section skilled with "premium" tickets for each category - charging about $10 more to sit 10 rows closer.

Diabolical.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Family and friends only in the Gold Coast. Cut em loose and bring Norths or Newtown back.

See how the lower part of each sideline section is empty?

This is because the titans section skilled with "premium" tickets for each category - charging about $10 more to sit 10 rows closer.

Diabolical.

That seems wrong to me. I sit further back in any stand by choice, you see far more of the game than in the front toes

Perth Red

Post Whore
But it's an all seater stadium PR. isn't that where people want to go? What the game "needs"?

Could you imagine how crap the crowd would be if it was uncovered grass hills? Top quality stadiums only work if the club is actually well run! There is no one answer, it is a combination of getting facilities, pricing, experience, hype, engagement, quality on the field, membership and belonging and population right. Get those things right and there is no reason you can't sell out any stadium as other codes manage to do.

t-ba

Post Whore
Which code in Australia and New Zealand is capable of selling out any stadium for its domestic competition PR?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My mistake. It was 11k. At near full strength, in good weather, in the daytime.

Decent given the conditions and the outs.

How about the pouring rain? Or the greater number of big names missing?
Greater number?

CBY v SGI was missing:
Reynolds, Morris, Inu
Morris, Merrin, Cooper

SOU v NEW was missing:
Boyd, Gidley
Inglis, Te'o, McQueen, Burgess

6 v 6. :clap:

Then Timmah, whose club got 11k last week against an out of town team.
You mean the team 1,000km up the road?

Bit different to a team 100km up the road.

As someone else said - where are those fans that made the trek to SOU v MEL and why weren't they engaged ongoing to attend big games like last night?

newman

First Grade
Could you imagine how crap the crowd would be if it was uncovered grass hills? Top quality stadiums only work if the club is actually well run! There is no one answer, it is a combination of getting facilities, pricing, experience, hype, engagement, quality on the field, membership and belonging and population right. Get those things right and there is no reason you can't sell out any stadium as other codes manage to do.

The crowd would've been identical if it was played at a ground with hills. Shithouse.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Which code in Australia and New Zealand is capable of selling out any stadium for its domestic competition PR?

West coast eagles have a 6 year waiting list for a season membership. Plenty of clubs in different codes around the world regularly sell out games. Some seem happy to accept mediocrity when it comes to NRL crowds and look for any excuse to blame when we get sub 15k crowds. Get all the parts to the equation right and there is no reason why a sport as popular, and now rich, as NRL is in this country shouldn't be getting much bigger crowds. I keep hearing that clubs have 150k-300k fans each, well lets get more of them to games.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Greater number?

CBY v SGI was missing:
Reynolds, Morris, Inu
Morris, Merrin, Cooper

SOU v NEW was missing:
Boyd, Gidley
Inglis, Te'o, McQueen, Burgess

6 v 6. :clap:

You mean the team 1,000km up the road?

Bit different to a team 100km up the road.

As someone else said - where are those fans that made the trek to SOU v MEL and why weren't they engaged ongoing to attend big games like last night?

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong! If you want to start naming injured players then you have to count fairly.

Rabbitohs: King, Crocker, L Burgess
Knights: Buderus, Uate, Scott, Tahu

6 v 13 :clap:

Also what kind of BIG game was last night? It's Origin season mate. All games over this period will reflect this apart from the random couple.

t-ba

Post Whore
West coast eagles have a 6 year waiting list for a season membership. Plenty of clubs in different codes around the world regularly sell out games. Some seem happy to accept mediocrity when it comes to NRL crowds and look for any excuse to blame when we get sub 15k crowds. Get all the parts to the equation right and there is no reason why a sport as popular, and now rich, as NRL is in this country shouldn't be getting much bigger crowds. I keep hearing that clubs have 150k-300k fans each, well lets get more of them to games.

So the answer is no code then...

Our attendances, considering the relative size of the code and the population of Australia, are exceptional by global standards. They can improve, but don't sell them short. Show me a country in the world with Australia's population whose top domestic football league outdraws the NRL, let alone the AFL.

Flapper

First Grade
The ticket structure at Titans games is diabolical. Restructure the prices and sections and the crowds will increase.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
That seems wrong to me. I sit further back in any stand by choice, you see far more of the game than in the front toes

It seems wrong. But its not.

Refer to picture - the shading on the sections is the "premium" seating - very illogical.

Attachments

• titans.jpg
    titans.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 12

franklin2323

Immortal
Perth Red. The issue seems to be marketing as I said earlier still the same amount of NRL contra ads on the radio in print just about going to SOO. In GC they should be plastered all over local TV/Radio posters in Station's theme parks etc.

Weather no excuse when there is still undercover seats available. Most grounds do $5 upgrades to grand stands

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth Red. The issue seems to be marketing as I said earlier still the same amount of NRL contra ads on the radio in print just about going to SOO. In GC they should be plastered all over local TV/Radio posters in Station's theme parks etc.

Weather no excuse when there is still undercover seats available. Most grounds do $5 upgrades to grand stands

As I said it is a equation of a number of factors to fill a stadium. Marketing is definitely a big part of it as marketing = awareness and hype. Pricing is also critical as is engaging the population to make them feel you are they club and the club belongs to and is part of every family. One simple thing clubs could do is actually mention the fans more. You never hear the players thanking fans for their support or apologising for letting them down when they perform badly. There seems to be a disconnect from fans and the clubs in this way.

If you look at each club you could identify which part of the equation they are and are not performing well in. GC seems to be pricing, marketing and community engagement.

seanoff

Juniors
Given thats theres far more people there then when they announced 14k a few weeks ago, ima going at least 20k

j5o6hn

Juniors
Do the Titans control the Prices that get charged or is it the Govt through the people who built the Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.