What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll put my hand up and say that I didn't go last night. 1st home game I've missed. Was out all day and by the time I got home I was buggered. Sitting in the rain at ANZ last night simply wasn't appealing. Especially considering I could watch the game at home on Fox and also have something other than a meat pie or hotdog for dinner that way.

Sometimes, it's just easier to stay at home.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'll put my hand up and say that I didn't go last night. 1st home game I've missed. Was out all day and by the time I got home I was buggered. Sitting in the rain at ANZ last night simply wasn't appealing. Especially considering I could watch the game at home on Fox and also have something other than a meat pie or hotdog for dinner that way.

To be honest, that's something that really needs to be fixed at the footy, well at major stadiums like ANZ. Get better food at the games, and I think you will get a further improvement in attendances, as that becomes part of the experience.

I remember when they first opened the stadium, and some sections (Level 4) had meals like Rogan Josh in one of those paper chinese containers. Use to love getting those on a game day, and I think people would have no problem paying $10-12 for one of those.

franklin2323

Immortal

It is like I told the idiots in Brisbane. The option is there later to watch an away game gives you more freedom.

My issue is more with the NRL then the clubs this time of year is always bad for crowds. Not heard an ad or seen any press for the club games.

NRL puts away say $1m buys tickets for games like this. Either other teams members or Country people get them.

At $20 a ticket it gives 500k tickets for games in this period or when Titans, Cowboys and other lower drawing teams come to town.

Danish

Referee
No. You have either misread or cant count. I was referring to 3 total, across both teams. Tonight there were 4 origin players + 2 injured + 1 suspended player missing.

Actually they had Merrin, Josh Morris, Brett Morris, and Josh Reynolds out for origin, plus Inu suspended, 5 players out not through injury. I don't know their squads well enough to know how many injuries each team has right now but I'll assume its not at zero.

The dogs don't claim to have an insane amount of members and are going like busteds this season (as are the dragons). And they kicked your ass

Danish

Referee
What a surprise, Danish complaining about our club,
Says nothing when his club gets 11k on a sunny Sunday afternoon against a Sydney team.

Then Timmah, whose club got 11k last week against an out of town team.

Find some new material boys.

2013 averages:
roosters - 22,900
Dogs - 23,200
Souths - 19,200

We'll keep the same material thanks

Big Sam

First Grade
2013 averages:
roosters - 22,900
Dogs - 23,200
Souths - 19,200

And next year Easts will average 13k because they won't have Rd 1 at home and won't be the nominal home team for the ANZAC match. The fact that you're so reliant on large away support contingents to boost your average proves that the core Easts supporter base is far smaller than ours, Canterbury's, St Merge's, and probably Parra's.

There's only really one direct comparison that can be made between Souths and Easts crowds this season and that's the home matches v Melbourne. Both on beautiful evenings, both kicking off at 7:30pm Saturday, and both involving teams in the top 3.

One club got 33k, the other 18k...

franklin2323

Immortal
Get better food at the games, and I think you will get a further improvement in attendances, as that becomes part of the experience.

The food at Skoda is great. For the price of a hotdog & chips at ANZ you get a footlong from Subway or the best salt & pepper calamari. Sadly only get that at Soundwave not footy.

SFS is decent aside from that the BBQ at Centrebet is by far the best food at NRL grounds.

rabbits have Roosters at home in last couple of rounds which could be massive if both stay top 3. They also have a home game against dogs I think

Perth Red

Post Whore
The food at Skoda is great. For the price of a hotdog & chips at ANZ you get a footlong from Subway or the best salt & pepper calamari. Sadly only get that at Soundwave not footy.

SFS is decent aside from that the BBQ at Centrebet is by far the best food at NRL grounds.

Food at nib is great as it is individual food stalls not the generic deep fried crap you get at some places. Curry, bratwurst, wood fired pizza are just some of the delicacies on offer. Hopefully it won't change with the new food stalls in the new stand.

Origin means more to Qlders than to NSWers. When Qlders look at NSW in rugby terms they see Sydney the capital city of the game. The home of most of its clubs, the home of the GF. Generally and not just in sporting terms when they look at NSW they see Sydney with its economic and cultural power and the Big city glamour that Brissy just doesn't have.

In Origin Queensland is the plucky small guy trying to put it over the Big city slickers. It means more to them and less to Welshies. That's just how it is.

Over all NSWers attend more games than Qlders but Origin just means less to them.

Completely wrong. Indeed, you have voiced the sentiment that we do see in NSW. We see the self-appointed centre of the game. We see the state that was able to pillage us through better financial resources and play our own players against us. We see the state that will introduce golden point because they are upset that two drawn Origin games resulted in series wins to Queensland. We see the state that will change the Origin draw in the short term to give themselves and extra game as part of any leg up they can garner to win a series after so long in the wilderness.

And you are the gift that keeps on giving. Your own worst enemy.

That's Origin.

It is like I told the idiots in Brisbane. The option is there later to watch an away game gives you more freedom.

Nice. Clearly it is the Brisbanites that are to blame when this thread gets bogged down. Don't know why I bothered with a reasoned response to you earlier in the week, because all I got back was abuse.

Defend your s*** club crowds from here till doomsday then, pal.

Not heard an ad or seen any press for the club games.

And as I stated in an earlier post there has been a lot of advertising for the Broncos-Warriors game. A lot.

Maybe if you guys should advertise. But then again, you don't want to follow what big brother is doing in Brisbane. It might actually work or something.

Last edited:

RWB

Bench
There's only really one direct comparison that can be made between Souths and Easts crowds this season and that's the home matches v Melbourne. Both on beautiful evenings, both kicking off at 7:30pm Saturday, and both involving teams in the top 3.

Never heard a 12 degree night called 'beautiful' before.

I guess last night was stunning then?

I nearly froze my balls off.

franklin2323

Immortal
VOR. Again you don't understand the concept of 1 town teams. The ads we get a part of the contra deal the NRL controls what is advertised ATM it's SOO.

Every 2nd of those could of been go to either game this week that type of stuff. Also Every AFL game has free public transport even the game which had 5k similar in RL will help crowds.

In Penrith we get bombared with when Panther games are in local papers etc. I have no doubt Souths, Sharks etc do the same.It's not financially sound for clubs to advertise outside their catchment area.

So means tv & radio ads are out of the question as there's 8 other teams worth of fans that just don't care & a waste of money.

Danish

Referee
And next year Easts will average 13k because they won't have Rd 1 at home and won't be the nominal home team for the ANZAC match. The fact that you're so reliant on large away support contingents to boost your average proves that the core Easts supporter base is far smaller than ours, Canterbury's, St Merge's, and probably Parra's.

Bitch and sook all you want Sammy.

Your crowd attendances this year are worse than ours, and worse than the dogs. So until that changes then yes, dogs and souths fans are allowed to lord that over your club (much like your fans like to lord your membership numbers over everyone else).

Don't worry though, if you are lucky once you've played your home games against us and the dogs this season maybe we'll be able to help drag your average back up closer to ours ;-)

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Im still wanting to know where did the people who showed up to the 32k Storm game go? Can we get the FBI on the case? Did Aliens capture the majority of them?

Big Sam

First Grade
Don't worry though, if you are lucky once you've played your home games against us and the dogs this season maybe we'll be able to help drag your average back up closer to ours ;-)

You're fans don't travel so you won't be able to reciprocate with a similar volume of supporters that we had in Round 1. Dogs will though.

Fact is, memberships and average attendance are currently both up by 10% on last year which indicates consistent and sustainable growth.

Anyone know if shark park still does those massive bacon loaded hot dogs? They were my #1 gameday food experience

Crappy weather, crappy crowd on the Coast.

EyeTVSnapshot%5B1%5D.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts