What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Blah we know that Canberra play in the coldest ground that holds professional sport in Australia. I think its more the ticket price though.

If the Raiders host a home semi they will sell it out because of the pricing its more of an event thing. Its a bit hard to ask non members to rock up pay the crazy prices to sit in the cold to watch a side that lets face it might put in an absolute balls performance.

I don't know what the NRL can do but 40 dollars a ticket just seems too much to me.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
ps

the indoor stadium we're getting in the next 5 years or so will help tremendously as it will always be above 10c inside even on the coldest winter nights

double ps
the dope who said the brumbies

they got just 11K to their last 2 home games .. & have been leading the Aust conference since late Feb ....

its the weather down here in Winter at night
its horrendously cold.

What if they make it multi purpose though? Who would want to go watch footy there in that case!

Danish

Referee
Blah we know that Canberra play in the coldest ground that holds professional sport in Australia. I think its more the ticket price though.

If the Raiders host a home semi they will sell it out because of the pricing its more of an event thing. Its a bit hard to ask non members to rock up pay the crazy prices to sit in the cold to watch a side that lets face it might put in an absolute balls performance.

I don't know what the NRL can do but 40 dollars a ticket just seems too much to me.

Those prices are the same at just about every ground in the comp. GA is $25-30 and reserved seating $35-45 at every stadium I've been to.

IMO the problem is your season tickets. They are an absolutey ripoff. My roosters season ticket costs me $250 per year, and I sit in row AA in Bay 13, which is the tunnel bay so right on half way. The same quality of seat at Canberra stadium costs a whopping $700! That is highway robbery

Danish

Referee
Exactly. The apparent temperature, which is the temperature that it feels like with wind chill etc taken into account, was just 3 degrees 30 minutes before kick off, and it was bitterly cold all day.

Having been to canberra stadium a few times, even when the temperature is listed at 10 degrees my freaking toes have gone number by halftime. Can't imagine how bad it would be when its in the low single digits.

Thats why they need to offer dirt cheap season tickets. A season ticket package that emulated the Roosters or Dogs packages would boost numbers in a big way

Diesel

Referee
This whole round is poor.

Perhaps the game in Cairns will be the largest drawing crowd of the round ha

f**k off gimp.

It would most likely be beyond the twit to consider that the team coming last and playing away on a Saturday night, just may not have that many fans prepared to go to the game.

Particularly when they have a fair idea what their side it likely to dish up.

The twit should learn to just shut the f**k up!

Teddyboy

First Grade
This whole round is poor.

Perhaps the game in Cairns will be the largest drawing crowd of the round ha

Maybe the NRL should have some semi pro teams in places like Mudgee, Cairns, Redcliffe, Darwin, Mackey etc etc etc and have some semi pro conference system in NSW/QLD and have either promotion and relegation or a challenge cup so the game doesn't whore it's self out altogether.

Kirky

Juniors
Bring on Canberra's indoor stadium, my fridge is warmer than 3 degrees

I'll become a believer when they turn the first sod, but $200m is a lot of money for a territory that's about to lose between 7,000 and 12,000 jobs. I suspect we'll hear of a delay fairly soon. Hope i'm wrong.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I'll become a believer when they turn the first sod, but $200m is a lot of money for a territory that's about to lose between 7,000 and 12,000 jobs. I suspect we'll hear of a delay fairly soon. Hope i'm wrong.

theres a time line & all
plus plans
plus a site
it will take 2.5 to 3 years to complete ... but won't be up before the end of 2018 ,so the first sod won't be turned for a while yet

its going to happen , a 30,000 seat indoor all seat rectangle stadium right next to the city's CBD
nothing surer;-)

Raiderdave

First Grade
Its currently 6.9c In Canberra - three hours after kick off.. Does that mean tonight was a very good night?

Canberra 3c .. population 400K.... 9176 crowd
Brisbane 13c population 2 million .... 21,100 crowd

:sarcasm:

summary
Brisbane fans are fickle soft c..cks :lol::lol:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
theres a time line & all
plus plans
plus a site
it will take 2.5 to 3 years to complete ... but won't be up before the end of 2018 ,so the first sod won't be turned for a while yet

its going to happen , a 30,000 seat indoor all seat rectangle stadium right next to the city's CBD
nothing surer;-)

That's great news. Do was the afl talk scaremongering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts