What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
I liked going to Canberra/cowboys games (except for the rubbish weather) when I lived in Sydney but f**k me the pitch of that western terrace is so shallow. The person in front of you isn't much lower than you are and blocks the view really badly (the lower level of the MCG suffers from this as well). I like the eastern stand though, you can tell there is a 15 year or so difference in age of each side. An indoors cbd stadium would be awesome for canberra, as long as the Victorians dont have any input and f**king ruin it.

DC_fan

Coach
theres a time line & all
plus plans
plus a site
it will take 2.5 to 3 years to complete ... but won't be up before the end of 2018 ,so the first sod won't be turned for a while yet

its going to happen , a 30,000 seat indoor all seat rectangle stadium right next to the city's CBD
nothing surer;-)

Great news. I remember many a time Iwould be down at Canberra to see my Rabbitohs play, either at Seiffert Oval or The Stadium. It would often be very cold. If one city in Australia who needs a indoor stadium it's Canberra. But in saying that it takes away the fun of playing in the snow.

thorson1987

Coach
Great news. I remember many a time Iwould be down at Canberra to see my Rabbitohs play, either at Seiffert Oval or The Stadium. It would often be very cold. If one city in Australia who needs a indoor stadium it's Canberra. But in saying that it takes away the fun of playing in the snow.

Agree with the last part.

I believe Canberra need a stadium like that, but for me it takes away some of the fun of playing the game.

Loved nothing more then playing when it was pissing down with rain, but on the other hand, hate watching games in that weather.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Spent thurs and fri in Canberra, nobody lives there, it is like a fricking ghost town! And it is freezing, I wouldn't pay $38 to sit in that wind with no shelter.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Canberra 3c .. population 400K.... 9176 crowd
Brisbane 13c population 2 million .... 21,100 crowd

:sarcasm:

summary
Brisbane fans are fickle soft c..cks :lol::lol:

You're an idiot.

You really bit the bullet like a tosser and went on a rampage with an irrelevant topic.

Fact is - last nights kickoff was 13.8c at 5:30pm and you're claiming 3c as a good winter temp.

Clearly bullshitting - and will continue to do so.

Flapper

First Grade
Yeah I was actually there last night, it was certainly a lot f**king colder than 13.8 and it was colder than 8.1.

It was no warmer than 5 degrees at the stadium last night and that's being generous.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Also Canberra is a ground where the players have to wear thermals and also European styled heat packs to stop the players from contracting hyperthermia

If I was playing I would want a piece of the action, just to keep moving! and not get exposure

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Either way, I wouldn't want to compare a Brisbane winter, to a Canberra one on any measure. I had to go to Canberra once a week for work, damn it's cold.

Yeah im not even comparing the two.
I understand its bloody cold, but raiderdaves constant fabrication is pointless.

Whatever Pete. Snug up with Raider, who can defend absolutely shithouse and embarrassing crowds in Canberra while bagging off the best supported team in the comp. Go for it.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Guys get on the NRLNation forums and tell them about how to improve crowds then. Or post 'em here if you haven't got if haven't got a membership to it, and we can do it on their behalf, cause it's what the latest topic is about.

Billythekid

First Grade
Bottom line: Raiders fans are bandwagoners of the worst kind. Two men and a dog during the season, and sudden sellouts at finals time.

End of story.

Kind of rich for a broncos fan to be taking this stance when they have always been a top team essentially. Lets see what happens if the broncos struggle to make the top 8 for 10 years straight and see where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts