What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
I think it would be a good idea for them to do so.
Though I imagine there might be some extra cost in doing so.

Their name, North Qld suggests that they represent northern Qld not just Townsville. The last time I checked Cairns was in Nth Qld.

It's an option I believe they should look at.

beave

Coach
They already did it (2001) and lost money. Neither Cazalys or Barlow park has the corporate facilities required.

BunniesMan

Immortal
They love us in Cairns. Came out in droves to watch us. Great crowd. I'd go as far as saying there is more Souths fans in Cairns than Broncos fans.

user_nat

Coach
They love us in Cairns. Came out in droves to watch us. Great crowd. I'd go as far as saying there is more Souths fans in Cairns than Broncos fans.

Based on all the times the Broncos played there? lol

Any part of the world Souths don't have more fans than everyone else?

One Eyed Aussie

Juniors
The Cowboys supposedly draw fans from all over north Qld, well at least they used to anyway.

After today's great effort from the people of Cairns I wonder if the Cowboys will give any thought to playing some home games in Cairns.

Townsville/Cairns is like Sydney/Melbourne......they hate each other.

Ant

Juniors
They already did it (2001) and lost money. Neither Cazalys or Barlow park has the corporate facilities required.

Yeah that is an issue, very little corporate facilities, the main stand holds about 2000 max. I think events qld have helped underwrite the event, but its the same for most events in regional or non league areas. There is a big push on in cairns to build 20000 capacity rectangular stadium, to host nrl, super rugby , a league games etc. however process has slowed as no govts have any money.

The NRL certainly don't make it family friendly.

6.30pm on a Sunday night is a graveyard shift if you want to take the kids and they have to go to school tomorrow.

Roosters doing well to get 13k there I reckon. Play it this arvo and I would have thought 20K easily.

papabear

Juniors
IMO sbw and the Perth roosters would draw much better..

Except for souths v Easts
And doggies v Easts where doggies and souths fan bring a shitload of fans to the game.

Diesel

Referee
Who chooses what time the games are? NRL or tv

If NRL, it's dumb to expect large crowds when games are not played at times that are family friendly.

The NRL is neutering the clubs ability to draw crowds, earn revenue and entice customers - fans/members - to enjoy / purchase their product and further their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.