What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Interesting insofar as a statistically significant subset (approaching 50%) has a mean that is well within one standard deviation of the mean of the total set??

Not mathematically interesting.

Whatever

Highlights that for all the grief the media and certain forumers give Sydney crowds, they are travelling pretty well.

greenhat

Juniors
Interesting insofar as a statistically significant subset (approaching 50%) has a mean that is well within one standard deviation of the mean of the total set??

Not mathematically interesting.

We're all very impressed that you remember high school maths, but I think the point he was making was that while people bag Sydney crowds in comparison to one team towns like Brisbane, Townsville, Newcastle etc., its interesting that Sydney teams average is actually slightly higher.

Dogs Of War

Coach
But you throw the Sydney teams playing in regional areas as part of the overall average, even though those attendances hurt the overall average (Wollongong and central coast).

Red Bear

Referee
They pull a cult , not a crowd.

Outside of the people that go to the games they don't have many more fans.

Plus their home crowd averages have dropped 15k in the last 7 years. Some 40%.

All the while still being successful on the field.
In fairness, the last couple of years there has been no noble/bradman/messenger stand, which has an effect on their crowds (because then the SCG members take up other areas and hence less tickets available to the public).

thorson1987

Coach
Rightfully so. The whole concept is a joke and the line-ups being sent out this year are laughable. No one takes it seriously, they either need to scrap it or take some time to make the whole thing worthwhile.

The concept is not a joke. The way it is treated certainly is though.

It will never get the recognition it deserves until the strongest possible line ups are picked, and its not held on the same weekend as a test match.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
This is a complete waste of a Sunday afternoon.

And for what, so a few roaches can feel sentimental about the good old days.

The people of Coffs certainly don't care.

Big Sam

First Grade
I don't know why since it was re-introduced they haven't played CvC in Newcastle. Would get at least 15k.

Billythekid

First Grade
The concept is not a joke. The way it is treated certainly is though.

It will never get the recognition it deserves until the strongest possible line ups are picked, and its not held on the same weekend as a test match.

Neither of which look likely to happen at this point which makes it a waste of time. The line-ups are terrible and you can tell the players aren't really into it (or the teams who are pulling their players out). That plus it's not even used as a SOO trial anyway, when players are absolutely dominant (like Woods and Farah last year) it's just ignored.

I grew up in the country but i simply couldn't care less about this game.

Brutus

Referee
If the country people no longer care about this game (which is obvious looking at the crowd today) then god help the concept.

It must end once and for all.

Brutus

Referee
I'm listening to Triple M now and they are talking about the ticket prices.

The NRL have to charge 35 bucks a ticket just to break even for this game.

What a joke!! I don't blame people for not turning up to this game. Disgraceful prices.

Just f**k the whole concept off and play the odd NRL game in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts