What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel

Referee
This'll be the last year of CvC and rightly so.

If this becomes a rep only weekend we need more internationals like the Tonga v Samoa with NRL players.

I skipped the CvC game on TV, I couldn't give a f&@k about it or who won

Whatever

Highlights that for all the grief the media and certain forumers give Sydney crowds, they are travelling pretty well.

Because Sydney crowds are 2% higher than the average for the whole comp? Statistically, given the large number of games are played in Sydney (as I am constantly reminded in this thread), I would be surprised if the average wasn't within a couple of per cent.

That said, before you misconstrue me, I think that the Sydney average (and whole NRL average) this year is outstanding. Truly.

We're all very impressed that you remember high school maths, but I think the point he was making was that while people bag Sydney crowds in comparison to one team towns like Brisbane, Townsville, Newcastle etc., its interesting that Sydney teams average is actually slightly higher.

As above, I am not bagging Sydney crowds. Just saying this stat doesn't mean anything (pun not intended).

And if more Australians remembered high school stats, imagine how much more informed the pathetic state of political reporting in this country would be! ;-)

Brutus

Referee
City v Country would have sold out if Ears' Ronny had of been named skipper of the Country team.

tumbidragon

First Grade
42,102 @ the diveball GF :lol:. f**king Saints and Roosters got over 40K at the same stadium for a regular season match! But we could only dream of crowds like that right? :lol: Back into the woodwork now you bandwagon wanderer wankers!

beave

Coach
There's some photos getting around of the seats at the northern end of the sfs after todays soccah match. Seriously, if that was after a bulldogs or saints game it would stop the f**king nation. The double standards in whats expected of our crowds behaviour wise is f**king laughable.

beave

Coach
This is what I am talking about

E6D2CA57-4B92-4C20-B3F0-E3A193D3B6B3-8205-000004C5A3DBDD48.jpg

Diesel

Referee
That's disgraceful. No doubt Buzz "the drunk" Slothfield and co won't mention anything about the seats, just it was a great day for soccer in Aisttalia and the Dragons and Roosters could never expect a crowd like this for one of their games

I was at coffs today for the game, the ticket prices are the main reason for the poor crowd. I was in the Western Stand which was $60 no concessions, the eastern stand which has no roof and in full sun (infact it's a temp stand put up for the event) $50 no concessions, GA tickets were $30 adults $15 kids. GA is grassed area with little slope so you have had to stand to see anything.
I had corprate tickets through a sponsor, no way i would have paid $60 for my seat.
cut the ticket prices in half and get more than double the people i reckon.

Forget the C v C concept.
Next yr
FRI Night..Aus v NZ.(Regional ..Townsville,Newy,Canb.or even take game to Perth)
Sat Night..Samoa v Tonga at Penrith..
Sun Arvo..PNG V Fiji at Skilled or ???

Make it a FULL weekend of tests.
Games with real feeling & real meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts