What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Sam

First Grade
Forget the C v C concept.
Next yr
FRI Night..Aus v NZ.(Regional ..Townsville,Newy,Canb.or even take game to Perth)
Sat Night..Samoa v Tonga at Penrith..
Sun Arvo..PNG V Fiji at Skilled or ???

Make it a FULL weekend of tests.
Games with real feeling & real meaning

Let's get the NRL to pay for France or one of Scotland/Wales/Ireland to fly out for a week and play Cook Islands (or maybe just use Italy since most of their players are from here anyway), and you'll have 4 meaningful games of Test football.

I like the Perth idea too. Aside from cricket they rarely get any Australian Teams there so it would draw over 20k.

A lot of bullshit and plain ignorance on this thread re: City v Country. But only to be expected. I don't think I can even be bothered argiung it. The fact is virtually no one in the sport gives two f**ks about country football. Some people half-heartedly say they do, but they don't really. It's just lip-service. Maybe the small crowd at the game shows just how much help the game needs in the bush. But instead the so-called supporters of the game want the game scrapped. Brilliant.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Easy coast tiger, mate don't you think there are better ways to help the game in the bush?

Things such as ensuring ex-nrl players can have a year in the bush paid by the nrl. More nrl games played in the country, would be better than this token event which punters are showing how much they care by voting with there feet (and eyes when we see the tv ratings)

Next yr
FRI Night..Aus v NZ.(Regional ..Townsville,Newy,Canb.or even take game to Perth)

That sounds great.

But instead of scrapping the city v country match I would concentrate on holding it in the right location.

As well I would promote it more by having a Queensland city v country ( with NRL players mixing with Qld cup players ) on the same weekend.

Easy coast tiger, mate don't you think there are better ways to help the game in the bush?

Things such as ensuring ex-nrl players can have a year in the bush paid by the nrl. More nrl games played in the country, would be better than this token event which punters are showing how much they care by voting with there feet (and eyes when we see the tv ratings)
And are any of those things happening? No
Are any of them even being talked about? No.

Every tard on here says these things but if they scrapped this game none of them would happen and we'd have nothing. Guaranteed. And to say it's not supported is bullshit anyway.

Since the game was reintroduced in 2001, when it has been played in the bush, it has been a full house every time except the two at Coffs and the one at Albury. How many f**king NRL games sell out? Maybe we should scrap the NRL because people don't support it.

tumbidragon

First Grade
i was at coffs today for the game, the ticket prices are the main reason for the poor crowd. I was in the western stand which was $60 no concessions, the eastern stand which has no roof and in full sun (infact it's a temp stand put up for the event) $50 no concessions, ga tickets were $30 adults $15 kids. Ga is grassed area with little slope so you have had to stand to see anything.
I had corprate tickets through a sponsor, no way i would have paid $60 for my seat.
Cut the ticket prices in half and get more than double the people i reckon.
what!

Yeah great idea. The CRL will "put it forward", City/Country will get scrapped and then.... nothing will happen. As certain as day follows night.

Last year there were 10,000 people packed in at Mudgee. Bathurst, Wagga, Orange, Dubbo, Port - all these other places got full houses. No one says scrap any other game that doesn't sell out. But this is what you get when 95% of so-called fans of the sport only pretend to give a f**k about the bush. Coming up with ridiculous alternatives that will never happen does the game no good at all. Supporting the ONE thing we do have (for now) does.

Not if its held in the right location.

Clearly that isn't coffs.
Everyone knew Coffs was a bad location. But what it shows is that the CRL had to take the cash on offer because it relies on the money from this game. Without it the CRL is in deep financial shit because it is the ONLY way it can make money. The ARLC don't fund the game in the bush anywhere near as much as it needs to and there is no guarantee it will in the future. This game is all the CRL has and possibly all it will ever have. The Coffs decision was still stupid but the fact is the majority of these games have sold out, which is more than can be said for any NRL game.

Starkers

Bench
crowd estimates this week?

roosters v dragons 40k
storm v warriors 22k
sea eagles v rabbitohs 18k
cowboys v raiders 18k
tigers v broncos 17k
titans v knights 15k
sharks v bulldogs 15k
panthers v eels 15k
160k total?

beave

Coach
Cows are offering 2 for 1 deal for all current and ex ADF members, hopefully it works and people come along.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Next yr

Totally agree. The tonga v Samoa game was ten times better viewing that CvC. I'd throw in Cook Islands v Lebanon as well for the Sunday. The pacific islands could play for points that go towards an end of year pacific cup comp.

parraparraparra

Juniors
Those ticket prices are a disgrace. I wouldn't have gone either.

No concessions? Wtf

Also when was the game confirmed for Central Coast? I thought it was very late

People in regional areas aren't on the same incomes as those in the captial cities, the average income in most regional centres would be 25-30% less than what it is in the capital cities. And the cost of living is higher.
Families can't afford those ticket prices. The crowd level clearly showed that.
They want to promote the game in the bush play games like these and 1. give junior league players a free ticket, one club i know of have about 250 kids and were give 15 tickets total 2. half the prices that they charged today and 3. Have players who missed out due to injury if they can make it come to the ground and sign autographs etc.
I saw Andrew Johns many time today stop for a photo with a fan or a autograph even thou he was working for ch9 he took the time as did Gus gould. Hindy and Bobcat Ryan were there out the back having photos with the fans most fo the day and were giving out stress ball footies to the kids are they leaft after the game. There were pass the ball games etc all arvo.
I was in the corprate tent with most of the suits, John Grant, Wayne Pearce, Laurie Daley, Tim Sheens, David smith, Geoff Carr to name a few but the didn't mingle more or less kept to themselves which was a shame as they really should have spent a bit of time at each table and worked the room. I don't expect them to mingle with the crowd but in the corprate tent it was sponsors and thier guests they should have made everybody feel welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.