What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel

Referee
Good on the Roosters if they can 30,000+ to their first 3 games. For a team that is representing the Eastern Suburbs and the City as well as throwing around the tradition line and playing every season, 30K average should be an expectation.

1996's Monday Night Footy games between the Roosters and Manly then Brisbane shows what this club should be striving for, sure that was 17 years ago but if they can set those crowds then, why not now?

applesauce

Bench
The Broncos first 3 home games are our biggest drawers as well.

Manly (Opener)
Storm
Cowboys

The Broncos and Roosters will see the early season average inflated, but hopefully it starts some good momentum for the game to keep it going.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hey perth red, still confident SBW won't bring any extra fans through the gate?

Thankful for sth's supporters? Not the first time this game has drawn a big crowd and roosters have drawn sub 15k each game after. How's memberships, don't recall a big spike following the announcement?

RWB

Bench
Thankful for sth's supporters? Not the first time this game has drawn a big crowd and roosters have drawn sub 15k each game after. How's memberships, don't recall a big spike following the announcement?

It's the first time this game will be a sell out. In fact the largest crowd between the two clubs was 35,000 on Souths return to the competition in 2002. Already 38,000 tickets have been sold.

Memberships are up 20% on this time last year which is on track for our goal.

After SBW's press conference there was a 200% increase in comparison to the same day a year before.

The game between the Bulldogs & Roosters is on track to beat the largest record between the two clubs which was 36,000 on Mason's return to Homebush.

The Warriors have already moved their Round 2 fixture to Eden Park in anticipation for a sell out.

Just keep on digging that hole PR.

Teddyboy

First Grade
So how is the Sydney media going with Rugby League and Rugby Union players SBW and Folau compared to AFL grand final winners the Swans and that Del Piero/Sydney FC thing ?.

Billythekid

First Grade
It's the first time this game will be a sell out. In fact the largest crowd between the two clubs was 35,000 on Souths return to the competition in 2002. Already 38,000 tickets have been sold.

Memberships are up 20% on this time last year which is on track for our goal.

After SBW's press conference there was a 200% increase in comparison to the same day a year before.

The game between the Bulldogs & Roosters is on track to beat the largest record between the two clubs which was 36,000 on Mason's return to Homebush.

The Warriors have already moved their Round 2 fixture to Eden Park in anticipation for a sell out.

Just keep on digging that hole PR.

Don't think there is anything else for me to add. Don't get me wrong PR i'm not one of these knob heads who likes to jump on the hate bandwagon and bash you but you're wrong about this. I'm not sure if it's because you simply don't like SBW but i don't see why you can't admit he is a drawcard.

H.H

Juniors
Good on the Roosters if they can 30,000+ to their first 3 games. For a team that is representing the Eastern Suburbs and the City as well as throwing around the tradition line and playing every season, 30K average should be an expectation.

1996's Monday Night Footy games between the Roosters and Manly then Brisbane shows what this club should be striving for, sure that was 17 years ago but if they can set those crowds then, why not now?
Because there are not free tickets papering the city in 2013.

I'd love to claim those 1996 crowds, but they should be struck from the records. The number of free tickets used in that Super League era was ridiculous and massively inflated the crowd at those 2 particular games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't think there is anything else for me to add. Don't get me wrong PR i'm not one of these knob heads who likes to jump on the hate bandwagon and bash you but you're wrong about this. I'm not sure if it's because you simply don't like SBW but i don't see why you can't admit he is a drawcard.

Looking at those stats happy to admit I am wrong, if it is sustained and if the membership amount is actually that great in terms of number of people rather than a % will be the litmus test of if $BW is worth the money thrown at him. Oh and how well and how often he plays of course.

You are right I do dislike the merkin though!:D

Billythekid

First Grade
Looking at those stats happy to admit I am wrong, if it is sustained and if the membership amount is actually that great in terms of number of people rather than a % will be the litmus test of if $BW is worth the money thrown at him. Oh and how well and how often he plays of course.

You are right I do dislike the merkin though!:D

Well i don't blame you there :p. The thing is i don't think he needs to play all that well and i have to wonder how much money they did throw at him. Even with SBW there line-up this year is very impressive.

Personally i think this was a huge coup for the roosters even if it only turns out to be a one year thing. Even just a few big crowds and a decent increase in memberships is a good starting to point for future crowds. It's looks liek they are in for a decent year as well.

Broncos tickets sales v Manly aren't travelling as well as I hoped...

Not really that surprised. The broncos have lost a lot of their lustre at the moment and there is little to be excited about when it comes to the team.

Kinda makes you wonder what would happen if they were actually BAD for a while. Their crowds and memberships really aren't that impressive considering the population base and success they have had.

Warriors/Roosters crowd at Eden Park in round 2 will be massive. Saturday night plus the SBW factor

Hope so, it's always good seeing a big crowd in NZ. It really feels like we need a second team. Not just because i think they are crying out for one but also it makes it more likely to have a team doing well there. At the moment if the warriors are going sh*te than it kinda hurts the game a bit there. With 2 teams it makes that less likely.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Broncos tickets sales v Manly aren't travelling as well as I hoped...

Well the Brisbane club is suffering from their lackadaisical approach to membership drives and fan engagement. They truly rely on being the only club in town and away support.

This was sharply evident during the double header I attended a few years ago when Canterbury took over the match-day program during the second game. The Canterbury clubs entire approach was about their fans and inclusiveness. Brisbane appear too interested in corporate support and their needs. Which I'm sure draws that money in but from a normal fan perspective it leaves one a little flat. For goodness sake, they are still playing that outdated song and having the horse run around the field. About time for some new ideas I'd say.

They are in trouble should they find themselves ensconced in the bottom half of the ladder for much of the season. A sub-20000 crowd is not out of the realms possibility.

That said, I still think this first game should nudge 40000, which will be a good result against Manly.

Keep us updated on sales figures. From my observation your analysis or sources have proven correct in the past.

applesauce

Bench
This is the reason I wanted the Broncos to sign Quad Cooper, he would of had a somewhat SBW vibe at the Bronx despite being a defensive liability.

Well the Brisbane club is suffering from their lackadaisical approach to membership drives and fan engagement. They truly rely on being the only club in town and away support.

I dunno if I agree with this entirely. Broncos membership posters are on every bus stop I go past one the way to work. And the banners hanging outside the Gabba (hello Lions!) are the icing on the cake. There are plenty of ads in the Curious-Snail. The online video culminating in a telephone call from a Bronco promotion went down pretty well.

I thought they have really been working the membership drive this year.

And once you are in, they hit you with the member mail, movie night, fan days etc etc. Their twitter is pretty active.

What do you think they should be doing that is less lackadaisical?

Status
Not open for further replies.