What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOR look at the stadium member area!! Where are they?

Pretty sparse in there, wasn't it? Not too mention how it looked in the away bay...

Just was about to say that, this is the least away support this year by a mile !

Half empty, and very quiet tonight. They had a drum in there, but didn't do much with it.

QLD derbies never get good crowds,not surprising

(Edit: I was a bit harsh.) "Never"? The 4th highest crowd this year was a Queensland derby. So was the 5th highest last year. And the 4th highest the year before. Never is a strong word, and misused here.

Broncos tweeted, 37,022 tickets were sold for tonight's game. 31,380 turned up.

Not from QLD, but apparently it was raining right until kick off and that would have kept people away.

They are really pushing the tickets not used angle at the moment. Had it on the big screen too and it was the cause of some conversation around me. SLR, may be you know, are awesome foursomes "missing tickets" since they can now potentially rock up at any game, but only to a max of 4 games. If so, that would skew the missing ticket stat.

Don't know about earlier but I landed at 7:30 and it's a nice evening in Brisbane.

Ordinary rainy day. Especially, to reiterate what I said earlier, out on the bayside.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
If I recall correctly we were at about 18,100 before Origin 1 last year, we're well down on that. Hopefully the hit we get during Origin will be less than in 2013 to make up for it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They need to relax the punch rule so the GC v broncos game develops some sort of rivalry, seems pretty dull for a derby.

I'll be tuning into hull kr v hull FC tomorrow night, a proper RL blood and thunder derby!

Canard

Immortal
They need to relax the punch rule so the GC v broncos game develops some sort of rivalry, seems pretty dull for a derby.

I'll be tuning into hull kr v hull FC tomorrow night, a proper RL blood and thunder derby!

14,000 fans screaming there heads off.

Jason Maher

Immortal

Not from QLD, but apparently it was raining right until kick off and that would have kept people away.

Hardly. Rained for few minutes this afternoon. Spitted a bit at other times. Anyone kept away by this weather is a soft c**k.

Brutus

Referee
Brutus SEQ never really gets cold. When there is sun, people will be at the beach.

I am craving a Saturday night game, can't wait for our one this year.

Just not many of them (people at the beach)

I agree the beach is a valid excuse in all months bar the middle of winter.

I used to love my winter days swimming through the mangroves of Nudgee Beach or being bitten by sea lice at Sutton's beach before heading to Dolphin Oval to watch the Phins churn out another battle of the bayside clash against fellow 'beach' goers the Gulls.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
There is no hate between the Titans and Broncos, that's the problem.

It's not like Eels v Dogs, Rabbits v Roosters and Sharks v Dragons for example.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Yeah there is a massive problem with no shows in Brisbane...

The smallest quantity of tickets sold to a Broncos game was 36,000 to the Eels game, up to 48k for the rabbits game.

Hardly. Rained for few minutes this afternoon. Spitted a bit at other times. Anyone kept away by this weather is a soft c**k.

Rained most of the day in the Redlands (morning showers, afternoon showers, generally sodden), so I don't know what you are talking about.

Yeah there is a massive problem with no shows in Brisbane...

The smallest quantity of tickets sold to a Broncos game was 36,000 to the Eels game, up to 48k for the rabbits game.

I have been a no show for one game already, and probably will be for another this season. Friday nights are long nights. I got home about 10:45 last night. (Check posting time in this thread. I think that was about when I got home. :) ). I am not saying that I am not willing to travel, but when every game is at the end of the long work week, and I have to turn around and commit all of that time... sometimes you are just, as they say, rooted at the end of the week, and would love to have a few beers and crash on the couch.

Saturday night -- not an issue, because you've had the day to recover.
Sunday arvo -- I wish!!!!!

Friday nights kill me, and I think they would be the cause of a lot of occasional member no-shows.

Edit: I just checked some dates: I am doing the Brisbane Kokoda challenge (relaxing after the GC one last year) and guess what the date is? June 1st!! Our Sunday game!!!! So I will be a no-show there unless I can recycle the tickets at work.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I have been a no show for one game already, and probably will be for another this season. Friday nights are long nights. I got home about 10:45 last night. (Check posting time in this thread. I think that was about when I got home. :) ). I am not saying that I am not willing to travel, but when every game is at the end of the long work week, and I have to turn around and commit all of that time... sometimes you are just, as they say, rooted at the end of the week, and would love to have a few beers and crash on the couch.

Saturday night -- not an issue, because you've had the day to recover.
Sunday arvo -- I wish!!!!!

Friday nights kill me, and I think they would be the cause of a lot of occasional member no-shows.

Edit: I just checked some dates: I am doing the Brisbane Kokoda challenge (relaxing after the GC one last year) and guess what the date is? June 1st!! Our Sunday game!!!! So I will be a no-show there unless I can recycle the tickets at work.

Yeah Fridays do turn out to be Massive, even with my luck of walking home from Suncorp I get to the stage where I almost wish that I didn't attend.

VOR next home game, drive in and park on Terrace or Warmington St Paddington, they don't police it. Then at least you can avoid the Public Transport, I don't miss the busses from Garden City.

Devo about the Sunday Manly game you miss, NOOOO. Feck I hate Manly.

Re: the Awesome Foursome memberships, I think upon payment they choose the four games, and they have a two week period before kick off if they want to drop that game and choose another.

6,000 missing is massive, I think more than half were the stadium members.

Plus I hate this GA bullshit.

oikee

Juniors
Those two crowds were pretty good really.
The Bunnies crowd was OK.

This Broncos team also is the weakest i have ever seen.
Not much to get excited about really.
The Storm and Bunnies on the other hand are all class.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
A mate in Newmarket picked up 18mls in 15minutes. Spitted a bit?
Should have turned the hose of then, we had f**k all rain yesterday and weather shouldn't be an excuse for the heartland of RL. Even the two time wooden spooners drew more than a big QLD blockbuster :lol:

Shit crowd for Souths as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts