What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

Juniors
We don't classify it a "Derby" when we play the Titans. No one cares.

Its like Penrith playing the Roosters and claiming that its a derby.

There are about 7 teams between eastern sydney and penrith.

There are zero teams between the tits and Bronx it's the closest to a derby u will get

True.

But no one cares. There is no hatred.

Since when did there ever need to be hatred between two clubs for them to get good crowds?

Dogs Vs Bunnies gets good crowds and there really isn't any hatred there...

Well anyway, for the record I don't think the Brisbane crowd was that bad(it was actually decent), but I don't think the lack of hatred was the reason the crowd wasn't great.

user_nat

Coach
There are about 7 teams between eastern sydney and penrith.

There are zero teams between the tits and Bronx it's the closest to a derby u will get

There is no teams between the Warriors and Knights also. Derby.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Looks bigger than any Wanderers crowd at Parra Stadium this year.

You're right.

Parra Eels vs St George/Illawarra - 18631
WSW vs ESFC - 18080

Both declared sell outs in a 20700 capacity stadium.

Go figure?
It's great that both teams are reporting sell outs. More chance to pressure for a better stadium upgrade.
Besides ANZ and the SFS, Parramatta gets more use than any other stadium in Sydney, but most importantly, has it's capacity pushed to it's limit more often than both those stadiums.

Suity

papabear

Juniors
There is no teams between the Warriors and Knights also. Derby.

Qlders are sensitive.

My point remains though that if there is no rivalry between qld sides then it follows that there will be no rivalry with any new qld sides.

Without a bit of rivalry it will be like adding another penrith to the comp.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
That's a really good effort by the Sharks fans,they have some heart,prob the 2nd most heart out of all NRL fans apart from Eels fans

Brutus

Referee
You're right.

Parra Eels vs St George/Illawarra - 18631
WSW vs ESFC - 18080

Both declared sell outs in a 20700 capacity stadium.

Go figure?
It's great that both teams are reporting sell outs. More chance to pressure for a better stadium upgrade.
Besides ANZ and the SFS, Parramatta gets more use than any other stadium in Sydney, but most importantly, has it's capacity pushed to it's limit more often than both those stadiums.

Suity

Eels v Dragons wasn't declared a sellout.

pHyR3

Juniors
why isn't dragons vs eels at ANZ?? that would pull an easy 22-25k there i reckon. 30k with heavy promotion.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
why isn't dragons vs eels at ANZ?? that would pull an easy 22-25k there i reckon. 30k with heavy promotion.

Because the NRL obviously deemed that the Dragons were not a big enough of an opponent for the mighty Eels to warrant a shift in location

Lolz at Dugan and Marshall

Surprised at Cronulla getting 15k considering where there at on the ladder. Imo, Cowboys should of got 20k considering it's the premiers and JT's 200th. 15k is decent, good thing with Cowboys current form is potential high drawing games against Storm, Souths and West Tigers to come at home. Overall, a pretty solid Saturday tomorrow will be mixed with Raiders at home (bad crowd) and Warriors at Hamilton (potential good crowd) with novelty factor and Bulldogs being 1st.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So around an extra 4k fans to take us away from a ground where we have won our last 7??? How's no sound??? No problem with the Tigers and Dogs games because we always get a turn out for them games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts