What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Melbourne Anzac Day ceremony was 1000 times better than Sydney. Melbourne actually had REAL ADF members plus both anthems and a cenotaph party. Sydney f**ked it big time. Shame.

Plus both anthems.................The Roosters and Dragons are Australian franchises of coarse there was no NZ Anthem.

Warriors vs Storm it is appropriate to play both......................are you an idiot or what mate?

Did Essendon vs Collingwood play the NZ Anthem.....................FFS you were hatched weren't you? :lol::lol::lol:

BuffaloRules

Coach
As opposed to the 12 year old pre pubescent army cadets that Sydney had for their ceremony. Cadets have no place for an event like this.

I think you may have given Slothfield a negative angle for his next story bagging out the NRL on the back of three great crowds today.

Well done negative man.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Plus both anthems.................The Roosters and Dragons are Australian franchises of coarse there was no NZ Anthem.

Warriors vs Storm it is appropriate to play both......................are you an idiot or what mate?

Did Essendon vs Collingwood play the NZ Anthem.....................FFS you were hatched weren't you? :lol::lol::lol:

They actually did.

pHyR3

Juniors
So that should break 115k for the day. And minimum 175k for the round. Would that be the highest crowd in one day?

ek999

First Grade
They should of played the NZ national anthem IMO. Was 10 or so Kiwis playing and it is as much a day for them as it is us

I don't think we need anthems played on ANZAC day. The day itself already has an anthem. It's called 'The last post'. That'll do me.

Pretty much this.

But if they are going to do anthems then do both. The games are marketed as Anzac Day games all teams have nz representation so it's only fitting to play both anthems.

But I am sorry, a navy band and 12 year old cadets just isn't good enough. Melbourne did it how it should be done and Sydney failed. If you are going to do Anzac Day game and try and exploit it then atleast try and do it right.

_Johnsy

Referee
Watching Ch9 Broncs V Bunnies & Fatty made a comment that Brisbane are looking at making tonights game a regular occurrence.

Just curious what people think re: how many Anzac day games should be played.

1) St George Illawarra V Roosters - 13 years

2) Melbourne V Warriors - 4 years

3) Brisbane V Souths - 1st year.

Saint Doc

Coach
Watching Ch9 Broncs V Bunnies & Fatty made a comment that Brisbane are looking at making tonights game a regular occurrence.

Just curious what people think re: how many Anzac day games should be played.

1) St George Illawarra V Roosters - 13 years

2) Melbourne V Warriors - 4 years

3) Brisbane V Souths - 1st year.

No more

wittyfan

Referee
I think it should be all 8 games on the day with the other games to be:

Canterbury vs. Cronulla
Wests Tigers vs. Penrith
Canberra vs. Parramatta
Cowboys vs. Titans
Manly vs. Newcastle