What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
One big game in each city - Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne

Why shouldn't Auckland get a game every second year? The Warriors vs Melbourne match really should alternate. Though TBH as long as the Storm are selling out AAMI for it I'm inclined to think they can keep that one, it's a good look in AFL country.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In what way?

Three full stadiums, games in all three major capitals, all are likely rating the pants off for their respective networks.

There should be a 2pm ANZAC Day game in Sydney as well as the game at the SFS.
Canterbury vs Parramatta at ANZ
Could potentionally get 70,000

That time slot won't fly. When the game was first being mooted, the RSL specifically requested the game be no earlier than 3pm. In fact that was why for many years why there were no minor grade games played before hand. The RSL did not want any distraction from the ANZAC march.

Last edited:
Pouring rain all morning kept the ga a bit empty. All the gold silver and bronze were full.

AS someone who was there, it was pouring down with rain when the Toyota cup game started. It was late in that game's first half that the sun came out but it kept raining. It did not stop raining until 1 hour or so before kick-off in first grade.

Saint Doc

Coach
Why shouldn't Auckland get a game every second year? The Warriors vs Melbourne match really should alternate. Though TBH as long as the Storm are selling out AAMI for it I'm inclined to think they can keep that one, it's a good look in AFL country.

Absolutely should stay in Melbourne. They saw an opportunity and took it. Good luck to them.

It's up to New Zealand to find another time slot for their own "marquee" game.

Presumably New Zealand has some public holiday dates different to Aus?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

THIS I agree with. Should alternate between Melbs and Auckland. Eden Park tho, not Mt Smart.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith have a massive dawn service where thousands attend. People can then make their way to Penrith Stadium for a 7am kick off. Can't do any worse than our current crowds!

Diesel

Referee
This will be a one off year, no chance the Broncos will play on any day other than Friday but I wouldn't put it by 9 or the Broncos to change ANZAC Day to April 24 next year

BlueandGold

Juniors
Rest of the round...

Sharks/Panthers *should* get 13-14k hopefully more
Cowboys/Eels *should* get the same.
Dogs/Knights I'd like to think could hit 20k, but WSW being on at the same time doesn't help.
Manly/Canberra 13k weather dependent
Tigers/Titans 16k minimum.

:crazy: provided we're 115k after tonight, we're looking at 190,000 if the crowds above happen. Great stuff. Average 24.5k.

190k will be a record for a round of NRL, lets see how Slothfield spins that one....:lol::lol:

BuffaloRules

Coach
This will be a one off year, no chance the Broncos will play on any day other than Friday but I wouldn't put it by 9 or the Broncos to change ANZAC Day to April 24 next year

Agreed.

They will play 3 games next year as I believe it will be a Sat, but Brisbane will be assuming their normal Friday slot.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Blue general admission has 500 plus seats left, general admission must go.

I can't tell how many are in maroon ga.

Looks awesome, id say 46,500 - 47,500.

Amazing how many members didn't show.

pHyR3

Juniors
190k for the round is 23.75k per game not 24.5k, but great nonetheless.

what's the record crowd in one round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts