What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueandGold

Juniors
I think the Dogs can hit 20k.

Well considering who they are playing i dont think it will happen, if it were Panthers then it would be a sure thing.

Anything over 17k for Dogs is a pass mark imo. Between 15-17 normal, anything below 15k for a team traveling on the top of the table would be a disaster.

pHyR3

Juniors
dogs are 1st on the ladder, shouldnt they be pulling 20k+? they averaged 23k in 2012 and 19.5k last year...

Congratulations to the Rabbits,,,,,, not on the win,,,, but for becoming the chosen one for the Suncorp Anzac blockbuster.

And a lack of congrats to the members of the Burrow who, as best I could judge from my section, were the ones who called out "f*ck yeah! Aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi" during the minutes silence. A true disgrace, even for a footy crowd.

Maybe just have one GA bay, even white GA 532, 531 and 530 looked crap when I was looking at instagram photos.

I also noticed on the Broncos Facebook a lot of people saying they would "prefer not to go" than "sit up the top". So weak.

I was in 536 so perfect view of the stadium members area and just am mystified as to what they do with themselves!?

I think the Broncos need to pull their socks up with the game day a bit. Every year they berate their members for being too quiet, but numb us into comatose submission with ads before the game. Last night, for example, Buck's traditional run around with the music was cut off after fifteen seconds so that an ad could play. In previous years (for as many as I can remember, including back in the ANZ days) this was a couple of minutes that gets a round of applause all the way around the field. You know, that engages the crowd. Now it dies the minute the ads start. And what else is there to engage us? A sign asking us to wave a yellow face washer in the air. Seriously.

A tiny thing I know, but the Broncos need to start treating us like fans and give us an experience, not treat us like a captive audience before a movie and bombard us relentlessly with ads. Rugby league crowds have an ebb and flow that develops as the game goes on. Instead of allowing the crowd to get any traction, there is a fear of silence that sees third rate music playing whenever there is a stop in play. This isn't a new thing, but it isn't a good thing either.

All of which is my way of saying that it is a bit much for me and some times when a game is already on a 8pm (and you are going to the end of the train line afterwards) it is easy to think of reasons to stay home, especially with a young one in tow.

Last edited:

Heritage XIII

Juniors
And a lack of congrats to the members of the Burrow who, as best I could judge from my section, were the ones who called out "f*ck yeah! Aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi" during the minutes silence. A true disgrace, even for a footy crowd.

Must say you were either mistaken or misleading as I sat right next to the Burrow in section 316 and I didn't hear one sound from them during the minute's silence. I heard kids and a few yells from adults in the section behind the post, but definitely not from the Burrow or South supporters in that area. So NO disgrace. They made for tremendous atmosphere and even when Broncs hit back, they still sung, even when wasn't looking good.

What is a disgrace is the announcer trying to encourage Broncs supporters to cheer, and the low playing level of music during the game to make some atmosphere. Broncs only cheers when they score.

Must say you were either mistaken or misleading as I sat right next to the Burrow in section 316 and I didn't hear one sound from them during the minute's silence. I heard kids and a few yells from adults in the section behind the post, but definitely not from the Burrow or South supporters in that area. So NO disgrace. They made for tremendous atmosphere and even when Broncs hit back, they still sung, even when wasn't looking good.

What is a disgrace is the announcer trying to encourage Broncs supporters to cheer, and the low playing level of music during the game to make some atmosphere. Broncs only cheers when they score.

If I am mistaken, I do withdraw. I ws in 510, and thought it was coming from there, but you sound like you were closer. Whoever it was, it was appalling and I was pretty embarrassed.

As for the announcer and the music... Agree wholeheartedly.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
If I am mistaken, I do withdraw. I ws in 510, and thought it was coming from there, but you sound like you were closer. Whoever it was, it was appalling and I was pretty embarrassed.

As for the announcer and the music... Agree wholeheartedly.

No probs, yes agree with any idiot who needs to yell out like that and I couldn't tell who it was or who they support but definitely high up behind posts.

Must say, Broncs supporters have never been the greatest cheerers in the sport but they did in the past put up the "Broncos, Broncos..chant"when needed but even this seems to be missing and they only roar at a try. Look forward to them getting their spontaneous voices back on day :)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
No probs, yes agree with any idiot who needs to yell out like that and I couldn't tell who it was or who they support but definitely high up behind posts.

Must say, Broncs supporters have never been the greatest cheerers in the sport but they did in the past put up the "Broncos, Broncos..chant"when needed but even this seems to be missing and they only roar at a try. Look forward to them getting their spontaneous voices back on day :)

The northern stand was crazy during the last of it! Was great. First 20mins we were all as quiet as a mouse.

The boos on full-time were very loud.

I was in 536 and could barely hear any bunnies chants. Parra chants were better.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
There were many families around me, as well as pensioners. One got his laptop out at halftime. That was weird.

If the Broncos lead 14nill and started in scintillating fashion like the bunnies did, there would have been mexican waves flying around etc.

The difference in atmosphere between a broncos home game and a broncos final are massive.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Lol you really are well named. An Oik indeed! :lol:

Lol he is a nut case. There is no comparison between a brocos game and the tribal divided nature of sydney club games. The atmosphere at any sydney game destroys suncorp.

I have been to suncorp several times and it is vert sterile. The crowd doesn't even stand up when the players come out and more than have just sit even after a try. There is seriously more atmosphere on caxton street

oikee

Juniors
this wager was for the attendance % filled at the respective venues in both cities
the actual people who turned up ;-)
not the tickets allegedly sold you Qld dribbler

you lost
you know it

now

F off outta here with your tail between your legs .... theres a lad :cool:

Sorry, you should have set that in stone, this is not your afl footy site where dribble is the ordinance of the day.
I meant ticket sales. :)

Besides, if your going to make a bet, dont do so while under the influience, or it does not count.
I had a few beers so that bet was null and void.
The Broncos still kicked it, huge first anzac crowd and this game looks set in stone.
Canberra wont ever get a gig, 9 thousand just dont cut it.
At ease squirrel gripper.

Besides, if your going to make a bet, dont do so while under the influience, or it does not count.
I had a few beers so that bet was null and void.
The Broncos still kicked it, huge first anzac crowd and this game looks set in stone.
Canberra wont ever get a gig, 9 thousand just dont cut it.
At ease squirrel gripper.

The Broncos had an ANZAC game in 2004 against the Panthers. I was there and it was the full ANZAC treatment from memory. We drew 37745. We also had an ANZAC game against Souths in 2008 - Drew 34112

Either get your facts straight or sober up!

Status
Not open for further replies.