What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That has to be the worst excuse I have ever read.

Seriously? Do you have any concept of how many people support both Canterbury and Western Sydney Wanderers? It was a semi final and the joint was FULL. 19,286 at Pirtek.

If you think that didn't take a good 2-3k off the crowd you're kidding yourself.

Also, their R25 2011 match only drew 10k... comparing last night's figure to a 23k finals match is a bit stupid.

Brutus

Referee
Seriously? Do you have any concept of how many people support both Canterbury and Western Sydney Wanderers? It was a semi final and the joint was FULL. 19,286 at Pirtek.

If you think that didn't take a good 2-3k off the crowd you're kidding yourself.

Also, their R25 2011 match only drew 10k... comparing last night's figure to a 23k finals match is a bit stupid.

Good to see the Wanderers finally sell-out a game this year.

oikee

Juniors
How about stuff all knights supporters were at the ground, and even my local pub which is usually pumping was quiet as I think most people had a huge day on Friday and decided to have a quiet one on the Saturday.

Knights v dogs crowds are usually around this mark anyhow unless both are playing out of there skins.

Very logical and i agree.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Very logical and i agree.
This all comes back to planning right games for the right stadiums.
Having soccer semi's and final coming up, now every year the code has to get their planning spot-on.
Playing a dogs game at the big white elephant is a no-no the day after record Anzac crowds.

The Cows game was planned perfect against Parra.
The Dogs game should have been taken outta town or been a Knights home game.
The sharkies game was perfect, just a shame they are going like busters even though they won.
Planning for next year has to now be a priority. Get it right or get out, like Mattskie has done, sacked for a terrible start to this years scheduling and planning.

I think we can all see now with our own eyes, cities outside Sydney can increase the crowds and pulse of the game 3-fold.
The Storm/Warriors bludger and Broncos blockbuster were very well received.

Did Mattiske get sacked???

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So credit to Melbourne's and Brisbane's ANZAC game, oikee, but no mention of the Dragons/Roosters?

Get a f**king clue, knob.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Good points but with that being said the roar semi final took 2-3k off the Broncos crowd. Even though opposing days, not all can go to both.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
How about stuff all knights supporters were at the ground, and even my local pub which is usually pumping was quiet as I think most people had a huge day on Friday and decided to have a quiet one on the Saturday.

Knights v dogs crowds are usually around this mark anyhow unless both are playing out of there skins.

Yeah thats legit.

ByRd

First Grade
15k is average, I was expecting around 17-18k, I know a fair few that would ususly be there but were at te Wanderers game but still, no excuse, crowd should have been a bit bigger

pHyR3

Juniors
great raining again, 16k would be a great crowd at LO and 12k would be solid at brookie today.

~180k is probably what we'll get for the round, not great. Was hoping for a 19k at LO....

BuffaloRules

Coach
Hell of a lot less people at the Orange Grove for today's game compared with the Manly game.

Crowd will be well down I think.

ek999

First Grade
15k is average, I was expecting around 17-18k, I know a fair few that would ususly be there but were at te Wanderers game but still, no excuse, crowd should have been a bit bigger

Yeah was disappointing but it is a low drawing game for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.