What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pHyR3

Juniors
i called 25-30k a couple of pages ago

decent turnout for what seemed like a shit test.

in any case, remove this piece of crap. 3 week rep round in the middle of the season to minimise those poor SOO club crowds in bad weather. Put in City Country, SOO, Fiji, Samoa, NZ, Tonga, PNG, Maybe UK/France, U20s SOO etc. etc.

probably wont happen until the new broadcast deal

Springs

First Grade
Looks quite good on tv. Better than all the naysayers were saying. Better than a lot of disappointing NRL crowds this year too.

Springs

First Grade
It got 34k the last time it was in Sydney too.

No one one gives a shit about watching a reserve grade NZ side get belted by Australia & I don't think it matters which state you live in. I've chosen to drive to Penrith & watch the Fiji game instead of going to the Test and I only live 15 minutes away from the SFS.

I suggest I'm not the only one either who lost all interest in going to the game after the NZ team announcement.

Looks like you're wrong twice there.

pHyR3

Juniors
Problem with prices is that complete BS $5-8 ticketek surcharge. If you want a paper ticket a $20 GA ticket becomes $27-$28.

NRL should try to do it independently as well and undercut them with no bf.

thorson1987

Coach
Problem with prices is that complete BS $5-8 ticketek surcharge. If you want a paper ticket a $20 GA ticket becomes $27-$28.

NRL should try to do it independently as well and undercut them with no bf.

Even E Tickets have a $6-7 charge on top

ona2001

Juniors
Better crowd than expected IMO. Looks quite respectable on TV. 27k~

If it's to remain at all it's still better played as a promotional game in Adelaide or Perth, or Wellington/Christchurch/Dunedin if in New Zealand. Call me a traditionalist but playing it before State of Origin is just the wrong order of things. We already have three Anzac themed games, one of which is an excellent developing rivalry involving the Warriors. Adding a rep game to the mix just takes emphasis off one of the NRL's best regular season days.

The U20s SOO concept is excellent and with some more promotion and expansion to say U22s I think's the best replacement for City-Country if there's going to be one.

Dion

pHyR3

Juniors
keep city-country, but use it (in conjunction with U20s SOO) as a pathway to playing the real SOO.

put it on one of the SOO stand alone weekends. That way players/clubs take it a bit more seriously. its never going to be a major highlight of the season, but it's nice to watch and means a lot to the country people (especially). It could be used as a promotional tool, so take it to regional towns and draw ~10k crowds which won't matter cause no one is really going to look at crowd figures there.

ona2001

Juniors
Playing the U20s game in a regional centre would serve the same purpose IMO; Tamworth one year, Mackay the next et cetera. Any young country players will still be familiar to local audiences often being not long out of local football, so the feeling of cheering on the local boys made good would still be there. And the potential TV audience covers two states instead of one, which is the real advantage over the current game.

Status
Not open for further replies.