What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
Test matches in League are a complete mismatch. You have Australia, then the rest. NZ has named a reserve grader at 5/8. Ticket sales so far indicating a crowd of only about 20,00.

I hope it doesn't happen but Australia will win by 60 this friday night.

It's not the first time NZ have named a reserve grader as five-eighth.

They actually won a couple of games with a reserve grader at no.6 in the 80's.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Has the ARLC ever thought that this mid-season test is a perfect opportunity to spread the game to places like Perth and Adelaide?

20k looks shite in Sydney but would look fantastic in those two cities.

Lol at thinking they would get 20k in Adelaide for starters. The Derby is on in Perth this week too. Should have held the test in Canberra or Newcastle.

guyver78

Juniors
I don't know why the insist on playing these games in Sydney, you would get a bigger crowd in Townsville, Melbourne, Newcastle or Canberra and it would be treated as far more of an event.

Predicting a 50+ is only going to blow up in people's faces. Although Im guessing instead of giving NZ credit it will be the Australian players and coach's fault.

Really hoping you guys are right as nothing could be better at the moment for Rugby League then NZ winning the test match but somehow I really just don't see it happening. Maybe 60 is a bit of an over exaggeration but Australia will win by a good 20 points.

Even if NZ plays well they won't keep it up for 80 minutes and Thurston, Inglis, Cronk & Slater can easily put on a quick 20 points in less then 10 minutes towards the end. Fingers crossed for no injuries.

I've got my tickets so hoping for a good game.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Agree with general sentiment. If they insist on playing this test, take it on the road or take it west. Worked very well in Canberra last time.

Maybe 60 is a bit of an over exaggeration but Australia will win by a good 20 points.

That's the problem. If you can state this in advance, not much point in going to the game, whether the greats are involved or not. How often can you say the above for an NRL game?

thorson1987

Coach
This will be such a boring weekend to say the least. Will get some movies from Blockbuster or something I guess. The only thing I care about is not whether Australia win, it is whether the Brisbane and QLD players don't get injured. Good luck to the players but I doubt I'll bother watching much of it this week. At least Sunday is Mum's birthday so that is one of the rubbish weekend days out, and I'll probably go to the track on Saturday lol

So you won't be in any Game Day Threads.

Good.

Kirky

Juniors
This will be such a boring weekend to say the least. Will get some movies from Blockbuster or something I guess.

When you're done with your Delorian can I borrow it? I'd like to watch the Battle of Hastings live and try to bed Cleopatra to see what all the fuss was about.

braz

Juniors
People outside of Sydney don't get it. Last year for my wife's bday I took her to the WT v Sharks at Allianz stadium on Friday night. (yes I am a true romantic).

Live approx 60kms outside of Sydney. Left at 4pm to drop off the kids with the plan to have a few drinks and a feed prior to the game at Paddington.

Got into the stadium at 7.50 just in time for kick-off. 3.5hrs to get to the game. Could have flown to NZ.

If people don't think the cluster that is Sydney roads/transport etc effect these crowds they are kidding themselves. Especially Fri nights.

Valheru

Coach
Why can’t people accept that the poor crowd that will turn up tomorrow night has nothing to do with the passion of Sydney fans and everything to do with the fact that the contest won’t be a contest and international football in general is quite simply unappealing?

Rocco

Juniors
Dont try and mask it locky.

His test is a farce. The kiwis should have 2 options, either bend down and prepare the lube for the roos or just forfeit.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'd rather hope a Australia puts 60 on them so there is less meaningless test matches from now on

lockyno1

Post Whore
So you think a sample size of 1, is big enough to make major changes to the Aus/NZ test series scheduling?

Have always thought the match was ridiculous in the middle if the year. Play a series but donut after the grand final. The ANZAC match should be on ANZACDay or not at all, simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts