What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slug

Juniors
I've spotted 18 chook supporters and 173 Titanians.

Not counting the camera crew and ground staff. Fair weathers in every respect.

Edit: they'll release the official figures as 13,640. Just noticed the 'real' figures...right....lol

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
It's the perfect storm for a terrible, terrible crowd.

In fairness he Roosters have had little favours in the way of crowds. Obviously the big difference to last season is that Anzac Day was a Dragons home game. Otherwise, there's been numerous games where it has pissed down rain and nothing in the way of Sunday Arvo football IIRC.

Pretty disappointing though. I study up that way and see a bit of promotion around, + their twitter is generally very good, up to date, full of good promotions, big levels of fan involvement, but it simply hasnt translated to crowds this season.

insert.pause

First Grade
To put it into perspective, the roosters were outdrawn by a rugby league game in Toronto, Canada, this week by about 1000 people!

Canada, 7,356 > Roosters 6,345.

Last edited:

Slug

Juniors
To put it into perspective, the roosters were outdrawn by a rugby league game in Toronto, Canada, this week by about 1000 people!

Canada, 7,356 > Roosters 6,345.

Like button. I still think the Rorters have fudged the figures by 2,000 odd.

Diesel

Referee
Out of interest, what were they charging to see this game?

I was at Suncorp recently and they were charging $37 for GA which I thought was expensive, sitting in the stand at LO was $50, it's not cheap to go to a game unless there are specials

ag6858

Juniors
Out of interest, what were they charging to see this game?

I was at Suncorp recently and they were charging $37 for GA which I thought was expensive, sitting in the stand at LO was $50, it's not cheap to go to a game unless there are specials

$38 at the gate for general, I think it's something like $28 online.

Apey

Staff member
Hard to win penalty counts when you have no fans to boo at the ref with.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What kind of crowd did people expect? The roosters fan base is traditionally small, a Monday night game against an out of town club which has about as many supporters as Baby Gammy's father all adds up to a low crowd. The rest of the round was not too bad, yet the league fans here look at the negatives.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Averages more than any other domestic rugby comp on earth.

Currie cup?

Regardless of the avg anything under 10k is a disgrace for a competition that wants to be the number one in the country. 6k is 3rd tier level, in fact some basketball teams would be Disappointed with that.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What kind of crowd did people expect? The roosters fan base is traditionally small, a Monday night game against an out of town club which has about as many supporters as Baby Gammy's father all adds up to a low crowd. The rest of the round was not too bad, yet the league fans here look at the negatives.

Interesting point, I wonder what the highest Roosters Vs Gold Coast crowd is at Allianz, and that includes other Gold Coast teams.

Im guessing around 12,000.

I remember a game in the mid 90s when Roosters played the Seagulls and I think the crowd wouldve been around 4,000. Night game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts